It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-INDIVIDUALS: Senior al-Qaida Operative Captured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Qari Saifullah Akhtar, a senior member of the al-Qaida network has been captured in the United Arab Emirates. He is now in the custody of Pakistan, and is being interrogated in Lehore. Akhtar is linked with a terrorist camp in Afghanistan, visited by Osama Bin Laden and Mullah Mohammed Omar.

story.news.yahoo.com
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - In a new blow to al-Qaida, authorities in the United Arab Emirates captured a senior operative in Osama bin Laden (news - web sites)'s terror network, who trained thousands of militants for combat, and turned him over to Pakistan, the information minister said Sunday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The camp run by Akhtar was used to train at least 3500 men in combat, assasination, and kidnapping skills. Akhtar has been missing since 2001 when the U.S. started bombing Afghanistan.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
thats a pretty powerful blow to al qaida,latly that terror network has been disaasembling.but i dont dought they are still capable of caring out and atack against america in a medium to larg scale

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is a bad couple of days for Al-Qaida 12 of its members arrested in Britain. 2 in Pakistan. and 1 In the US. I�m sure more arrests will follow but this will set Al-Qaida back.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
12 arrested in Britain? Only one is believed to have links with AQ, the others are affiliated with other groups.

AQ is not some big Uber-terrorist org as we are led to believe, it is a loose affiliation of many different groups, and the loss of a few bods is not going to hurt it one bit.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There are never any grunts in AQ arrested, every single one of them is a senior official.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
"SomewhereinBetween,There are never any grunts in AQ arrested, every single one of them is a senior official"

Maybe this is because we arnt interested in the grunts, why take out the little guy, when they have 100's of more waiting to take their place and die for the jihad. also what could a grunt tell us,

" i got an email/telephone call/message telling me to go here and do that with the correct code/activation phrase, so i did , no question asked,as it is what i was trained to do"

Where as if you get the guy giving the orders, he can tell you a hell of alot more useful information than a grunt, look what happen in pakistan with this laptop

12 arrested in the uk, 1 awaiting trial to be shipped out to the US on charges of being a fundrasier and supporter of al quedia. 2 in pakistan,saudi made a big arrest last week if my memory isn't playing up again ( bloody mind probes, making me lose all sort of useful info, whish those greys would pick on someone else for a change :lol

On a more serious note, we have no way off telling if these arrest's are of major players or just simply well placed grunt's who start singing to save their own behinds, as im sure that any alleged al quedia member would be facing a lenthley term behind bars either in the Uk or US or any other country, so im pretty sure deals are done to reduce the sentence or look the other way.

They always say, it's not a case of what u know, but who u know. If the CIA or FBI got their grubby little hands on a " senior" al-quedia offical and he in turn led them to either mullah omar or even OBL himself, he would get imutinty for his crimes and be set up in a quite town under the witness protection program, as John Smith, working at your local walmart, and no one would even know that he was an Terriost or member of al-quedia.

new topics

top topics

join