It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG PagPag is GagGag - Get me a Vomit BagBag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Exactly. Notice how e. coli and salmonella outbreaks occur mostly in the first world? So much for sanitation practices, huh?

And there's actually a scientific study done on this. I think the subjects were the poor from Cebu and it was conducted by British scientists.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Ahh I see,
Thanks for clarifying that. Again i agree, there is a large number of people infected with drug treatable diseases if they had access to such meds. Tuberculosis being a good example of that. Of course you mention malaria which also is another example of disease found in slum areas.

I wasn't sure exactly what you meant at the time, sorry for sounding idiotic, lol sometimes we have our days.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

Ahh I see,
Thanks for clarifying that. Again i agree, there is a large number of people infected with drug treatable diseases if they had access to such meds. Tuberculosis being a good example of that. Of course you mention malaria which also is another example of disease found in slum areas.

I wasn't sure exactly what you meant at the time, sorry for sounding idiotic, lol sometimes we have our days.

Lets not forget dengue fever this one scares me....and the rainy season has come early this year. www.biotech.ph...

wow look at the time (3:46 am) See you guys latter

edit on 18-6-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Well, i think and rather believe that people living in places like squatter areas in Manila, and children swimming in Pasig, are far more immune to bacterial infection and other such problems that would cause me or you to be bed ridden if not hospitalized with in a week of exposure.

However CJ enlightened me to the obvious which I was apparently to dense to grasp right away that even though you may have a higher tolerance or resistance to bacteria virus doesn't care, and neither do parasites. They will infect and kill regardless of your bacterial immunity.

That being said, I doubt this kid has any concern right now for that!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yes. ecoli and others are reported in the western media because sanitary practices have helped limit it. I would posit in most slums around the world your average joe is walking around with it. Also, I am not saying some mutant bug is coming from the slums to kill us all. The point you made is still the point I am making (hmmm) You say, "ok, we agree, these are diseases that can be treated with access to the drugs." I agree. Now I would ask, "Ok, so these drugs have been available to wealthy nations for decades. How long are you going to hold your breath in anticipation that these drugs are coming for these people?" Reality is, they aint gonna get the drugs, thus the reality is, they are going to die earlier, thus the reality is, doesn't matter if the drugs exist; we aren't going to give them to them.

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

I had dengue! It is no joke.
At first I thought since I am in my 30s and a body builder that I wouldn't be effected do to what I perceived as superior health.......all I can say about that is
BS!

I am not looking to getting the other forms of it thank you.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

That is a powerful image. Ack!

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I had typhoid
I got hepatitis
I got some stuff no one is ever going to hear about.
And I'm still here!

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Again I have to agree with you as sad as it is.
However that can be in some form attributed to eugenics activity where it has been stated openly among unesco and others that people like this should purposely have a difficult time getting medication in order to keep their numbers down.
So as sad as it is we have to face this consideration as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSPanzyAssPussies

Is this directed towards anyone? Why have you chosen to add nothing? Go away.

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

ATSpanzy ass pussies............???????
2 posts?????????/
No flags???????????
No Stars???????
Smart ass comments?????????

I Smell A Troll....

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

laughing...I guess if you want to get your message across...atspanzyasspussies is a good way of putting it?????

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Perhaps you should write a book. I am assuming you haven't, but I know many people who travel to the places we are talking about tend to write some kind of educational documentation.

I have actually started writing a ex patriot resource manual for people who want to move to 3rd world countries and how to prepare for culture shock. I'm not all knowing but I have more than a decade of experience with it.
Seeing as how you too seem to have a great deal of experience, how do you communicate the exotic nature of those experiences to people less knowledgeable than yourself?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

That is a good idea and one that has been thought of on this end too...I pitched a documentary idea on this place in Quito Ecuador called "Centro Del Muchacho Trabajador" to some bigwigs in Manhattan. The place is incredible in helping turn around poverty - it's been up for a nobel prize, the Carter admin visited, amazing real life stories of incredible humans.

After giving my pitch, excited to expose the world to this amazing thing, the main producer sitting directly infront of me says, "Huh. Can we make it that the priests and nuns are aiding drug runners going into Columbia? Maybe the main character is CIA as Jesuit?"

Needless to say they laughed me out of the room. Unless there are some explosions involved, it's just some poor people to others...the stories though, sounds like you have your share, man, they really could not have been written - I think people in the western world would simply not believe you!

Edit to Add: just for the sake of adding it, my aunt was in the first peace corps in the Philipines...in the 60's...must make me a commie?

CJ

edit on 18-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Well, i had the advantage or disadvantage of coming to this place when I was only 21 years old....before that I had never even been out of my state more than twice. So not only did I shock my family and everyone who knew me when they found out that I just up and left over night, but I also shocked myself.

Since that time I have had more things happen than most people where I came from will have happen in the rest of their lives. Much of those things have been troublesome to my life but like I said I wouldn't trade them, they are good experiences.
I will admit thought that when I went back to the states for a visit, I was very irritable with my fellow Americans because of what I perceived as a decadent and picky attitude. They seemed to display a level of haughtiness and smartassery that was unparallelled by anyone I ever met.

This same attitude got me into some trouble with a customs officer women in Detroit who gave me a hard time about some issues she had no knowledge of. ohh goodness.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
The human spirit will resort to a nasty "savage" and sift through filthy/vile/disgusting scraps of emotional poison.

The curtain of life will blow in the wind of death,The rain is an acid that burns the soul.

WTH are you talking about? I understand each word but the unique order leaves me puzzled. Speaking in riddles is a fun way to share, but the point of communication is sending a message that one can receive.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

My first time back in the states after two years away, within seconds I was amazed at the sheer amount of pettiness that was occuring every second of every step through the airport...young and impressionable, yes. Full of it? Probably. Yet I saw it and knew something was wrong with it all...thanks for the posts and here is to a great Saturday! Enjoy and prosper.

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Love the username btw...agreed with your sentiment...I only post riddles when it is necessary or I have imbibed one to many...sometimes just saying it works best, but I think I agree with what the poster was saying...

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I had some tonight...pretty tasty, for bung hole.

CJ

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join