OMG PagPag is GagGag - Get me a Vomit BagBag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
At least the family won't go hungry and the used food won't go to waste! People will find ways to survive. And scavaging may be a necessary evil temporarily. Either that or beg on the streets and sell the kids.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I agree. But the fact is, they should not and do not have to eat waste. We choose, as the human race, to force people to live like this.

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Reply to post by ColoradoJens

i take confort in knowing that even destruction has value.
so maybe after our societies collapse as it seems they are, and the world as we know it finally ends.

maybe it provides us the chance to go back to basics, build anew and hopefully learn from the mistakes of the past and present.

because yes, hope is the last thing we have to hope for, and its the last thing we have left before leaving this earth.

thank you for the thread and the intention behind.

goes to show all may not be lost really.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Thanks mate; I appreciate that. I am no saint and I am as guilty as the next guy with my inaction...It ebbs and flows how much I can contribute; but no matter; we can all at least have a heart. The world is a tough place and a little sympathy isn't a bad thing. I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned all of these conspiracies we ALL get mixed up in; when the greatest and most easily solved continues to claim victims...thanks again!

CJ
edit on 17-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by AnotherYOU

That reminds me of an article I read about the poor black communities in the south during the great depression. I'm sure I don't have to explain how blacks were viewed and treated back then. This lady that was quoted in the article said that the poor blacks were not even aware that the country was in a great depression for 2 years! 2 years in the depression and they were just finding out the state of the country's economy. The poor lifestyle many Americans were forced into was, in a way, the norm for blacks. ---- I tell myself that I am fortunante enough to REFUSE food because I don't like it or I'm sick of eating the same meal day after day. Think about it. We are lucky enough to turn down that plate of mac n cheese because, although you're hungry, you're not in the mood for it and you can get something else.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Shawny2222

Yes, we can make do, with amazingly little and our loved ones. It's really simple when it comes down to it. Those wasting their time debating the merits of the new IPhone 5 are lost souls.

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Really sad story. It happens in here too. People can get so low when the choice is only for survive. But from some people like this, what amazed me is they eat that not because they have no choice. They choose that rather than become a criminal that easily been done.
And if they got caught and send to jail, it still better for them at least they dont have to think how to get food or eat crappy food and a place with roof and wall. Really amazed of how people like this in a bad condition but still refused doing a bad things.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by maung

Agreed. Again, humans have a built in compassion and moral compass. We can all stand to learn from those around us.

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Haven't read the entire thread yet but I'm from the southern Philippines and this is certainly not due to the GFC. This is not a new phenomenon. Most of the poor in Manila came from the provinces. I've really no sympathies for these people. At least if they stayed put in the countryside they can grow decent food. You really have to know the mindset of these people and you'll wonder no more why the Chinese and the Spanish are the wealthiest ethnic group in this country.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I can understand from a human perspective the mindset in wanting to help people like this.
But as has been mentioned once already you really need to understand the mindset of the people living this way to fully grasp why things like this happen.

First of all, this is not the standard of living in the Philippines at all, but a healthy number of people especially in Manila do live in shanty towns and squalor. I have seen people make food from left over chicken bones and the like, and yeah it is gross to a foreigner, but they don't seem to have too much of a problem with it. They adapt well.
The one thing I have to say i have noticed since I have lived in the Philippines the past 10 years is that regardless of the condition of living the people almost always find a way to stay busy, and see the brighter side of life.

One of the things I find most amazing is the adaptability of the children to govern themselves in groups with out adult supervision, something unheard of in America and 1st world nation.
They take care of one another and scavenge for scrap metal in Manila bay and the Pasig river to sale for money. They survive,and moreover they could be said to even thrive in these conditions.
It is a sad state of affairs but it happens the world over.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

eldard, thanks for the response...to clarify, your position is these children are living in squalor by their own choice? I don't know if it is that simple. I am not from the Philipines, but I have lived in the 3rd world. Most make due but their opportunities to make a better life are few if not non-existant. What do you suggest these people do?

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Snowen, yes, this is only one example of literally thousands where people eat garbage. People will make do and people will find a way to survive. The only thing, this is just that - basic survival - and it isn't getting any easier. Diseases are running rampant and obviously there is not much in the way of help coming. Humans are incredible and often it is the most downtrodden that reminds us of our own failings as many are happy with what they have and make due...I know though if they could eat better they would.

Thanks for your thoughts...Although my thread concentrates on pagpag and a dump in Ecuador, you are right; this is like scratching the surface when it comes to what we are as people. Thanks again.

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by eldard

eldard, thanks for the response...to clarify, your position is these children are living in squalor by their own choice? I don't know if it is that simple. I am not from the Philipines, but I have lived in the 3rd world. Most make due but their opportunities to make a better life are few if not non-existant. What do you suggest these people do?

CJ

Cannibalize each other?

it's their parents' fault. Before people from indigenous tribes here were proud and self-sufficient in the mountains and the seas. Now many of them live in the cities and ask their children to beg. I never give beggars anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I see. So why did the parents leave something that was so good and all come to live in squalor? Do you look down upon the poor? You seem to indicate that you don't like them. I don't like poverty, but I do like humans. Perhaps there is truth in what we are all saying - there is personal resonsibility, and often times that is thrown to the wind...then there are those born into this, and they must be viewed differently. They had no choice.

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
if i could add one more thing, from my own experience, the poorer people in general may lack many things, but they do not lack in humane values, humility, humor and compassion.
in fact, in those aspects they are the richest among us.

they have more genuine smiles aswell.

in tupac shakur's christmas interview he states that the poor and the rich should switch places every week, and i agree.

because these divisions wouldnt stand any longer

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ILLUMINATIOPRESS3

Was that directed at anyone in particular? Is this your stance on poverty? Thanks for the insightful comments.

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I don't hate them. I'm glad though that they're not in the provinces coz that's where I live. The more people migrate to the cities the better.
They chose to leave a life of sustainability for the sparkle of the city life, now suck it up and lie in the bed you made.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Hmmm. So they leave an area of sustainability that is peach keen, for poverty, because there are more lights in the poverty zone. Makes sense to me. And of course, let's say "I don't hate them, I'm just glad they don't live in my neighborhood." Considering you live there, I am sure you have spent time volunteering to help understand the situation and to help those who may need your help...right? And via this experiece, you never found compassion for your fellow humans? Do you feel superior to these people? Is your neighborhood/province gated to keep out the riff-raff? Just curious as your answers indicate that these people are all to blame for their predicaments...
CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You have to understand the Filipino mindset why this country can't seem to get off the ground. And how do I get through to your dense head that they were better off were they came from than where they are now?

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join