It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG PagPag is GagGag - Get me a Vomit BagBag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Holy -sorry Mods - can you move - I posted in the wrong forum - going for global meltdown or something like that - no finance other than the fact you could buy a zillion pounds of PagPag for free...

PagPag is certainly GagGag. But humans survive anyway they can, and I hope after watching this, some of you are less concerned about the ding on your hummer. More important ##SNIP## in the world today. This is happening everyday around the world; it's just amazing how it's become such an industry...please watch these videos and read about this as it may open your eyes. Again, when the day seems dark, your tv is acting up and there isn't enough money for that vacation you had been planning, realize how awesome things really are...

Pagpag in Filipino is the leftover food-stuff from fast-food restaurants scavenged from garbage sites and dumps. The word in the Filipino language literally means to 'shake off', and refers to the act of shaking the dirt off of the edible portion of the leftovers. The act of eating pagpag arose from the practical challenges of hunger that resulted from extreme poverty.

ABC Food

I realize this is a blog, but it has relevant videos:

Not Fit For Human Consumption

The news is aware and having some fun:

Let's make our own version of this crap

This is embarrasing to me that this can happen today. There is no reason this has to happen.

Watch the Monkey Go For my Scraps!

People who have enough money for video games need to shut their faces...

PagGag? Yes! Add Some Four Day Old Mayo and I'm almost literally in Heaven!

If you have never been to a third world country, go to one. If you have never been out of your country, go visit another one. These are our global neighbors who one day could be you or me.

I saw this and experienced these conditions first hand: I cried openly on my first visit. I also threw up due to the smell. These people are in Ecuador living in a massive valley filled with garbage: strangely, it sits below the collegio de San Francisco where all the rich kids go to school...they too eat their own crap..

Zambiza Dump People

Humans helping:

Dump Dwellers have Basic Human Rights Too

ColoradoJens
edit on 17-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: WRONG FORUM

edit on 17-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: could be Ralph was a distractin me

edit on Fri Jun 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
sort of gross yes...but you do what you have to make it in life...it couldn't taste that horrible either (i'd eat it) as it's recooked and sauced...if in these people's shoes i'd eat a big steamy bowl of pagpag no problem

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yea it's bad over there. Was in the Philippines back in May/April and you would see a lot of kids outside fast food places and I remember at one stage we were stopped at a corner waiting for traffic and I looked out the window and saw this poor kid sleeping on the side walk, some man walked by slightly stopped , looked at the kid and just shook his head. It hit me hard to see that type of thing happening. Really harsh life those people have to live.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

These are our global neighbors who one day could be you or me.

If TPTB have their way this will become a global way of life.

I've watched the "soup kitchens" go from just addicts, mentally challenged and "low lifes" to what was once middle class citizens that encountered one big medical issue, one job outsourced/insourced = job loss = forclosure.

Americans don't see the train coming.

They don't care about anyone until the brown stuff starts affecting them.

Well............you have all been warned.

Possibly this video will be the fate of most of our grandchildren if we do not take back our country.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Talk about putting things into perspective. 90,000 ppl per square kilometer?? We have 250,000 people in South-West Missouri and I rant about the traffic and lines. I also dump things into the trash that have sat for what I consider "too long" on my kitchen counter. A video like this reminds me..in some places..people would give a lot for that food I dumped.

If only there existed charities we could really trust to DIRECTLY help the people. I'd give generously and often without a problem given how much just $20 a month, for example, would do for a place like this, multiplied by the # of people giving. I just don't know of any that are trustworthy and don't have their administrators driving mighty nice cars and living in real nice homes in the U.S. or elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing this. It helps to be reminded, by shock sometimes, how well we really do have it in America and the rest of the 'Western World'. Wow...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for those thoughts Wrabbit2000...I hope the point isn't lost on everybody that this is completely man-made. We ourselves, when giving thanks, should recognize that the scales of justice and equality mean different things in different nations. To be born poor is not a sin.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
this happens even in the western world, we just dont notice it since we barelly even look at those who pass us by in the street.

around here i see loads of people going to the local supermarkets trash dumps looking for the expired or spoiled food.

i also live in an area with alot of furniture stores...
and its a paradoxal sight watching someone sleep on the floor right next to a display with a nice big bed inside.

cruel irony.

sadly i dont need to go to the 3rd world to see misery and famine.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Yes, it does AnotherYOU. As a matter of fact, there are now people who actually go out of their way to sustain on "garbage diving". One could say it is another yuppie green psycho deal, but why not?? The fact is, in the USA, there is quite a bit of good food thrown out on a daily basis.
I worked in a culinary school in Denver. All they did was make food. Everyday it was thrown out. We couldn't donate it to hungry people because of the law. Stupid and wasteful.

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by AnotherYOU

also the "food safety police" around here forces restaurants and bakeries and such to throw away day old products, wich is understandable.

but if they are caugh givin those same leftovers to charities or homeless hungry people, they get a hefty fine.

go figure why this society is screwed up...

there is no shortage of anything really.

just alot of waste and inequity.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The human spirit will resort to a nasty "savage" and sift through filthy/vile/disgusting scraps of emotional poison.

The curtain of life will blow in the wind of death,The rain is an acid that burns the soul.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

Ouch. It is pretty bad out there. One thing that is uplifting is there are people with no agenda other than helping others in these places. And life goes on...

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

This is a good point and it is not uncommon to hear that shelters are now charging overnight stay fees. The rank and file of those facing financial ruin is legion.

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

America is suffering from national schizophrenia. Living in a patriotic fantasy land where fictional 1950 TV shows have become the cultural ideal.

But there are still those with honor and compassion; The kids that work at fast food places, that leave the dumpster unlocked so the homeless can eat. And food banks that scroung food from farmers, restaurants, bakery's,
and private individuals; then give it to people in need.

I never thought I'd see so many Americans one paycheck from being homeless.

edit on 17-6-2011 by whaaa because: what?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Human life has No value.
Money has all the value.
you have money you have value.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by whaaa

yeah still this thread should be a reminder of how good we got it.
we sit around arguing about elites and their plans and how they want to take our freedoms.

yet we have food, clothes, a roof over our heads. and even small luxuries like the computers we are comunicating through...

what we dont realize is that on a global scale we are a minority.
most of the people alive today have none of this.

thats whats wrong in the world.

thats what personally fuels my fight and makes me endure anything.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

So they want you to think. As I've stated, and many others have echoed, this is an injury, a layoff, a unforseen circumstance away for most families...

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I suppose that's my point in saying - go see it for yourself - here there anywhere - go and participate in your communities and understand life is not black and white; humans stuggle and many have the best intent, no support, no net, no family, and no hope. I revel in knowing somehow people make it from these conditions - it just goes to prove no matter the circumstance, human will is still amazing...sucks it takes this stuff to show us that...

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by AnotherYOU

knowing that no matter how bad i think i got it.

the cruel reality of this world is that someone somewhere has it way worse.

i say again, this is what fuels me to be a conspiracy theorist, forget the nwo, forget aliens, forget science and religion, forget war and space exploration, forget politics, forget the damned worthless paper money.

theres no bigger conspiracy than why we still as humans allow that most of us live or better yet survive in the most inhumane conditions to this day.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
also, those who care about survival and are always posting and wondering what and how to do things when SHTF and our way of live collapses, should just go ask the people in africa, asia, south america, and pretty much anywhere. because living after SHTF is what those people have been doing for long.

actually the collapse scenarios are only a threat to westerners, the rest of the world is pretty used to living with zero.

deny ignorance

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Couldn't have been said better. Thanks for the input. I have always marvelled at our ability to not see the issues staring us in the face. We may be beyond hope in the US.

CJ

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join