It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future, In A Glass Based Technocracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hey ATS!

Just wanted to make a little thread about an insight I had regarding glass! Earlier today I was browsing the internet and I came across an interesting video. This video is called "A Day Made of Glass... Made possible by Corning." I will post a video below. The main reason I wanted to make this thread was to inspire you all to think, not that you have such a difficult time with this anyway! Well, consider this the future of technology. Most of the mainstream communication technology of the future will be Apple based. Considering how the power structure is over obsessed with symbology, a company that inserts i as a prefix to their products wouldn't be too far off to contemplate about.

If glass is both valuable and useful in a futuristic technocracy, where exactly would we going to find all this sand in order to produce glass, while maintaining our beautiful beaches with our own clean sand? Think about the regions of the world which contain the valuable resources to make this a reality. I do not know how modern glass is made, however I have an understanding that glass has typically been produced with a combination of Sand, Gypsum, Soda Ash, Lime Stone, and Dolomite. Where exactly would we need to establish "order" to collect the resources mentioned above? Also, how do you feel about the future portrayed in the "A Day Made Of Glass" video presentation.

edit on 17-6-2011 by drkid because: Fixed Spelling Errors, Minus Symbology.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Thread already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search is your friend.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Also fail about macs. PC owns.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Thats a pretty interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

I think before glass is used in larger applications ( such as the indoor scene ) we might have 3D ad display ( such as BTTF ).

top topics

join