It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
MANAMA: Bahrain said on Monday it would sue the British newspaper the Independent, accusing it of “defamation and a premeditated media campaign” against the Gulf Arab kingdom, which quashed weeks of protests earlier this year.
Nawaf al-Mawada, of the Information Affairs Authority, told Bahrain’s state news agency (BNA) the kingdom had hired a UK-based firm to pursue legal action against the paper.
Robert Fisk: I saw these brave doctors trying to save lives – these charges are a pack of lies
Eyewitness: Bahrain didn't invite the Saudis to send their troops; the Saudis invaded and received a post-dated invitation
Has the Khalifa family gone mad? Yesterday, the Bahraini royal family started an utterly fraudulent trial of 48 surgeons, doctors, paramedics and nurses, accusing them of trying to topple the tin-pot monarchy of this Sunni minority emirate. The defendants in this flagrantly unfair military court are, of course, members of the majority Shia people of Bahrain. And since I was a witness to their heroic efforts to save lives in February, I can say – let us speak with a frankness that the Bahraini rulers would normally demand – that the charges are a pack of lies.
Originally posted by purplemer
I thought there was a thread on the briish forces training peeps to deal with the protest in Bahrain. I always got the feeling that Bahrain was not going to be allowed to have those protests and that they had the backing of the west to stop them. The country is a western playground...