It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Orders News Black Out Regarding Nebraska Nuclear Incidents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

I'm not taking your posts as a personal attack on me at all! I am seeking the truth just as you are. I brought up this thread because like you found, there were no major news sources talking about it which gave credence to the idea that maybe the black out on the media was true.
Hopefully someone outside the US can tell us what they are hearing on their news. I've heard that the way to find credible reports is to look outside of the country sources where the event is occurring. Have a great night and thanks again for your input!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'd just throw in an observation here that perhaps in this particular case, a media blackout isn't such a BAD thing. We live in a world where mainstream media could make a playground fight into a full blown riot with numerous casualties and record breaking police response....just by how they hype the story beyond all recognition.

If this is MORE than the close call I understand it to be, then the above doesn't apply, but I've heard nothing about this to suggest it is anything more than a lesson in how we protect these plants near water. ANY water. Rivers flood and although rare, oceans produce tidal waves. However, causing a mass panic in Omaha, Council Bluffs and probably clear out to Des Moines and the Rock Island/Moline isn't exactly productive either.

I'm rarely, if ever, on the side of playing down a story or outright staying quiet on it, so don't take the impression I support censorship of our news. I'm just saying....once in awhile, not hyping things to the moon and back may save more lives than it puts at risk.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have a lot of friends who live in Omaha. My brother lives there. I'm within an hour. Nothing I've seen or heard indicates the situation is out of control or really that bad. I think it's being blown out of proportion.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Earlier today I read an article via ATS or maybe Rense from the Omaha newspaper that discussed the flooding at the nuke plant. The article mentioned that the plant had been shut down April 9th for refueling and the fuel was secure and that a rubber, 9-foot diamter tube, similar, I take it, to a very large bike tire, encircled the plant. the tube was filled with water.

I found those two items wanting. I emailed the writer, a female, and asked if it was known if the plant really was scheduled for a refueling shut down on April 9 or was that a seemingly hasty decision and cover story because of the impending flood.

I also suggested that a water-filled barrier, unless it was backed up fully with a earthen wall behind it would be useless if the flood water reached any way near the same height. (With the every increase of the flood water on the tube, the ability of the weight of water inside holding it in place would be diminished, balanced out by the equal weight of the flood water, and the higher it got the less effective and secure would be the tube.

She responded with a virtual zero answer, a politician's answer to a tough question, a non-answer, and she claimed a rushed deadline on the article. Agitated, I fired back a response instructing her of her inadequate response.

So what do you folks think about the two points I've raised? Anybody have any knowledge about the timing of the "refueling" and the physics of water versus water issue I raised with her?
edit on 17-6-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This story was reported on NBC news around the 7th of June 2011. Have seen nothing on FOX news except weiners and calley anthony. I can see no reason to try to debunk the story as it is very obvious that a problem exists, just from looking at the pictures. The river is expected to rise an additional five (5) feet this summer because of the snow melt in Montana and additional rainfall in the Dakotas. Places in Montana still have 50+ inches of snow to melt. While searching around last night, I found an article which described the structural flaws of the Ft. Calhoun plant, having areas which could loose its integrity due to leaks in the structure, resulting in either a breach of the electrical system or worse. I will try to find that article and post a link to it in the next few days. We can only hope that everyone south of the plant stays safe, but it would be foolish to believe the government saying that everything is O.K. The obvious is quite obvious.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I can see the justification from Obama to have a news blackout if only for the reason of keeping the terrorist from finding a reason to blow the upstream dams. From www.rsoeedis.com which shows the events in the world which are a threat or are an incident which could impact a great number of people, nothing is mentioned about the power plants but there is mention of the floods. I dont know what to make of this, except in their opinion, there is no immediate threat from a nuclear spill.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tallblondealien

The fire, the loss of the cooling system temporarily, the no-fly zone, and the danger of flood waters are very real but the story in the OP about an FAAE report and the media blackout are unsubstantiated and from a known hoaxer who churns out false doom stories. Look at my earlier posts for links to Sorcha Faal and the FAAE website

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is what i just found on the web, on one search eng search.yahoo.com... note this is just a part of the page there are more but to save space and from making the reader tired , now if they all used the uh um source as there source then the news world is in a big hurt, from the link

The Fort Calhoun, Nebraska, Nuclear power plant is going down fast due to massive ... Tags: Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant, level 4 nuclear accident, Missouri River ...
hawaiinewsdaily.com/2011/06/nebraska-nuclear-plant-at... - Cached
Airspace Over Flooded Nebraska Nuclear Power Plant Still Closed
[Jun 15, 2011] Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant is an island, but authorities are hoping ... Try listening to a former nuclear plant operator and world renowned expert on this level 4 ... ( 33 Comments )
www.businessinsider.com/faa-closes-airspace-over-flooded... - Cached
Nebraska Nuclear Plant at Level 4 Emergency ...
The Fort Calhoun, Nebraska, Nuclear power plant is going down fast due to massive flooding. The Omaha Public Power District declared it a level 4
www.politicalforum.com/current-events/192260-nebraska... - Cached
Fort Calhoun Nuclear Generating Station ...
The Fort Calhoun Nuclear Generating Station is a nuclear power plant located on 660 acres (270 ha) between ... declared a level 1 anomaly (minimal level incident on a 1-4 scale ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Calhoun_Nuclear_Power_Plant - Cached
Fort Calhoun nuclear plant: How bad can it get ...
hawaiinewsdaily.com... The Fort Calhoun, Nebraska, Nuclear power plant is going down fast due to massive flooding.
current.com/news/93289859_fort-calhoun-nuclear-plant-how... - Cached
Flooding Puts Nebraska Nuclear Power Plant on ...
The situation at the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant is currently listed at Level 4, which is heightened alert status but still relatively low level.
environment.about.com/b/2011/06/16/flooding-puts... - Cached
Nebraska nuclear power plant problems - US ...
Claims and counterclaims at the moment. Hope this is not for real. Nebraska Nuclear Plant at Level 4 Emergency | Hawai`i News Daily The Fort Calhoun, Nebraska, Nuclear ...
www.usmessageboard.com/environment/171827-nebraska... - Cached
Fukushima Flooding Sequel @ Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant in ...
Nebraska Nuclear Plant at Level 4 Emergency June 14, 2011 By Tom Burnett. The Fort Calhoun, Nebraska, Nuclear power plant is going down fast due to massive flooding.
2012patriot.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/fukushima-flooding... - Cached
i do think some thing has happened, it might be a Three Mile Island or it might not be. You do have to stop and think why a presidential black out???? This will cause more speculation , or is it mass panic they are trying to avoid.
edit on 18-6-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
reply to post by tallblondealien

The fire, the loss of the cooling system temporarily, the no-fly zone, and the danger of flood waters are very real but the story in the OP about an FAAE report and the media blackout are unsubstantiated and from a known hoaxer who churns out false doom stories. Look at my earlier posts for links to Sorcha Faal and the FAAE website

What "NO FLY ZONE"?
Saying any aircraft within 2 miles must be at least 1/2 mile off the ground is not a no-fly.

edit on 6/18/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I just checked on line this morning (June 18, 2011) at ABC Lincoln Nebraska station KLKN TV. They had an article previously posted on line about the serious nature of the nuclear plant at Fort Calhoun. The article is NO LONGER AVAILABLE according to the website!!
I know that there are many reasons for an article to be pulled. I find it quite interesting however, that just as it comes out out about Obama's news black out order about the plant, ABC blocks the article and there is no more comment on it. Sounds to me like it could very well be a deliberate attempt to cover up what is going on.
Also, from what I have read, the FAA "No Fly Order" is still in effect at this time around the plant as well.

Thanks for your comments.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
This article: Salem-News that you have read can be traced back to Sorcha Faal, a known hoaxster.

I have family there. I was born in Omaha. I don't know what is going on at Ft. Calhoun, but I'm sure it isn't good. Sorcha Faal though, has started a firestorm of false information about a very serious situation.

I'll keep looking for any other sources but I'm pretty sure this is all BS. Sorry, but thanks for posting what could have been very important info

ETA: Here's the link to the article by Sorcha Faal: LINK
edit on 17-6-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

You can not discredit truth because a liar tells it.

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
What nuclear incident?

Seriously, though, I honestly haven't heard anything about this and my parents have had the TV on Fox News all day so I should have caught something about it after all the times I've passed through the living room.

A news black out means you won't hear about it through mainstream media, because they don't want you to know about it.

And now it has been released (6/20) but down played and yet the "authorities" not on the payroll state emphatically it is above the point of concern. It is a threat to the missouri river, to the missippi river and down to the gulf of mexico. It is not a hoax. And if Russia has more interest in our well being than our own government, or you, who so readily poo-poos the notion....(you in general, not one specific here) It leaves me to wonder why folk come to sites like ATS, where clearly the purpose is to give information and gain it, out side of the obviously controlled mainstream media that only gives you what they want you to have.

do the homework. research. Knowledge is power. And in this stage of the game, it is crucial to keeping your head above water and being a true patriot.

patriot - Greek pater, "father," led to Latin patriota, "fellow countryman," which was the original meaning of patriot when it came into English in the late 1500s.

An interesting commentary on the notion of patriotism is located here, www.liberator.net...

To take a snippet from the article:

One thing MOST Americans seem to consistently fail to understand is what a American PATRIOT really is.
An American patriot is NOT somebody who supports his government. If that's what the American definition of a patriot were, we would not have been calling George Washington, Samuel Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, James Madison, Thomas Payne, John Hancock and all the rest of them "patriots" would we? Those true patriots were all men who openly advocated revolt against THEIR government. That's what made them American patriots in the first place.

THEIR government, the one oppressing them in 1775, was headquartered in London, England.

“Those who would call themselves American patriots need to stand ready to do the same things today that our forefathers did in 1775, and we'd better be ready to be called conspirators, traitors, seditionists and (today's buzzword) terrorists by the government loyalists we oppose.”

Question authority. Question the source, repeatedly. Do your homework. Research & keep an open mind. If you think for yourself instead of letting someone else do the thinking for you, we'll all be far better off.

Walk in a beauty Way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join