It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting over Vancouver, Canada - High Definition Photos of Silver Disk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Source

Published: 10:29 AM 6/17/2011
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - June 5, 2011

Look at these amazing photos of this UFO seen over Vancouver recently. The object can be clearly seen rotating.

The surface of the craft looks very metallic due to the reflection we see.

Also the unusual large orbs on the side of the craft make it one of the most rare of UFOs.

I have not see such a UFO since the Billy Meiers UFO case back in the 1970s-80. I don't know what camera they are using but from the quality of the photos it looks like a SLR. I gotta get one of those. Nice photos all around.

Details from Videographer:

Location: North Vancouver Boulevard Park, June 5, 2011, 10:00 AM

Camera Details: 1320 F16 ISO100 Canon Zoom, Lens EF70-200mm 1:4 L USM

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4fb0023863ec.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ad6496858b1.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81250a60623c.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d30e8a1e2611.png[/atsimg]

Well, what does everyone think.

I am not a big fan of the UFO balloons or any RC toys so I have no idea if this could be anything like that.

They look like good photos of whatever it is that it captured, but the thing is, if it's just a toy then they suck.

The shape of the figure is very distinctive so I'll go looking around and see if I can find anything like that. I just thought I would bring the photos here and see if anyone has any information about toys or what it could be.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Looks genuine. Has anyone else admitting to seeing or taping/photographing this?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
IMHO it is a balloon. The first picture definitly has a sort of string showing below.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
would be better if we had a video, but these pictures do look intriguing especially the 2nd picture. i count 10 ball-like shapes on the outside of the craft which could indicate thats it just a bunch of balloons tied together. i see a more distinct shape in the other pictures.
edit on 17-6-2011 by tyson45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Unfortunately, what we are looking at is edited photos. They are not the original, unaltered, uncropped photos. There is absolutely nothing to show context so one can judge the size and location. For all we know it is something tiny hanging from a string, or something thrown into the air....photoshopped...etc etc... We are left unable to go thru a process of elimination...

It is a shame that people wont leave photos alone and upload raw images....and they feel the need to make a music video out of them...
edit on June 17th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Damn, any old ballon in the sky these days and we're all like omfg it's a god damn ufo wtf are we gonna do nooooo.

oh wait its what

its a ballon damn

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Unfortunately, what we are looking at is edited photos. They are not the original, unaltered, uncropped photos. There is absolutely nothing to show context so one can judge the size and location. For all we know it is something tiny hanging from a string, or something thrown into the air....photoshopped...etc etc... We are left unable to go thru a process of elimination...

It is a shame that people wont leave photos alone and upload raw images....and they feel the need to make a music video out of them...

I never quite understood that, unless of course you have something to hide. If I shot something that I thought was a UFO I would upload my raw images, unaltered and another copy of some adjustments made after the fact. I know raw images are larger in file size (about 20Mb) but still give the people the whole shot and the unedited photo. Let alone do some loser video with a crappy song in the background.

Maybe it's just me though...

Pred...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

All new cameras take pictures in jpeg format as a standard. As long as the photo is straight from the SD card with no editing, it's good. I don't think she meant the actual RAW format.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A friend of mine flys model helicopters ..the first photo has a downward trail like the exhaust from a model . Could it be a r/c model of a ducted fan platform with mylar ballons tied around it ?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Anyone buying a decent DSLR has the capability of shooting RAW, as do some point and shoots now. I just thought she was mentioning having a raw image, as opposed to a Jpeg, I only shoot in RAW, so that's just the way I took it.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Anyone buying a decent DSLR has the capability of shooting RAW, as do some point and shoots now. I just thought she was mentioning having a raw image, as opposed to a Jpeg, I only shoot in RAW, so that's just the way I took it.

Pred...

I do some shooting in RAW with my SLR. Big files, but worth it for some shots.

On topic: Down the road a bit, when 20-24 megapixels and up become common, some of these shots will become better than ever hopefully. Especially since autofocus keeps getting faster on the point and shoots as well as SLR's. Then maybe we'll be able to get a better look at these kinds of shots. It'll be a big upload to ATS though.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Interesting images.

Oddly similar to the "Spider UFO" covered in this video -

The thread this video was brought up in - UFOs in South America - Disclosure has Begun - Full Feature

Thanks to onehuman for bringing attention to this video.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by predator0187

All new cameras take pictures in jpeg format as a standard. As long as the photo is straight from the SD card with no editing, it's good. I don't think she meant the actual RAW format.

You are right.
Sorry, I should have not used that word...I forget it sort of has a double meaning.
I mean raw as in - untouched or enedited
straight from the cam....
sorry for the confussion....

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Yes, they are definitely bigger files. I am thankful to have a 5+ terabytes of hard drives in my computer so I generally only shoot in raw. It really makes no sense to choose anything else. If shot in raw, adjust levels as you see fit and save as jpeg, then at least you had that original option to change as you see fit and make sure clipping is left to a minimum.

I would never shoot into a daytime sky in any format but raw, it gives you so much more control over how your pictures look.

I have a great DSLR and a HD video camera and a tripod for both, all I need is a damn UFO to come around. I patiently wait...

Pred...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Past that string hanging from it I think I see the words "It's a Boy!"

OMG, it is a real ....Balloon!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I dont think its balloons, what would allow them to keep that orientation so perfectly, just becus you ring something with balloons doesn't mean its gonna 'fly' right. I aint buyin it, if its so easy lets see some of you do the exact same thing

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Looks like we have another drunk alien pilot.

Gentle breezes really cause problems with intergalactic craft these days.
edit on 18/6/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
IMHO it is a balloon. The first picture definitly has a sort of string showing below.

Eh,.. definitely not a balloon. It has the shape of a gear but I've seen lots of fake UFOs being made in a video as if they belong to the video yet are programmed. For all the history of UFO pictures there has never been any close ups of real UFOs, yet this is so close... My guess would be fake.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I dunno, doesn't it look a bit TOO reflective? I gotta go with some kind of mylar...(..)
edit on 18-6-2011 by UnderAlienControl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
It is a shame that people wont leave photos alone and upload raw images....and they feel the need to make a music video out of them.

if they did that it would be obvious that they are just fakes!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join