It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy sound western North Carolina!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hey guys there is a low rumble sound here in western north Carolina. Thought it was a plane, but very uncharacteristic, as it is continuing on and on. Sounds like a wind tunnel of some sorts. It gets really loud ten soft. It sounds like it is on top of my head!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

Are you able to record it?? Have you called the authorities or the radio station?? Can anyone else you know hear it????

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have heard it also. I am 20 minutes to the NC boarder. I live in the very rural country, and when a plane is over head, you can see it, as well as hear it. There is not a plane to be seen. But I can hear "something" out there...not sure what it is. I have very acute hearing. I can hear the hum of my fridge when it goes on. If its not the crickets in the dead of the night, I hear it! And what "it" is, I have no idea...but my ears have been driving me crazy, off and on, for a couple of days.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm on Asheville. I heard what I thought was a truck passing but it didn't sound right, then I heard what I thought was thunder, but it wasn't thunder either. I live in west Asheville, so I have traffic going by. But what I did hear was not what I normally hear and it wasn't something I've heard before.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses! I live in Franklin nc, about an hour west of Asheville. I originally heard this sound and first thought was military drills, since they do fly over sometimes. But this was different. Once I decided to go outside and investigate, I realized that it did not sound like a plane, but more like a wind tunnel kind of sound. It was deafening, I live on top of a mountain, about 5 miles from town. I will ask around to find out if anyone else heard it. I did not have a way to record it, sorry.
edit on 18-6-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/06/10/national/main20070523.shtml

Notice any burst in wind speeds or temperature?

Maybe they are "burning off" energy hitting our atmosphere with HAARP to stop the energy from hitting the Earth and kick starting Yellowstone?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Checked the link, and nothing like that occurred. just a strange sound.

top topics

join