It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. council passes gay rights resolution

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Oh wow the U.N has spoken this will change the world.
why the hell does this matter? Will iran stop killing gays? No off course not because all the U.N does is talk. All the problems in the world right now and what did they accomplish with this. That people have equal rights. wow #ing well done.

It's true that it's a pretty toothless organization. On another thread I argued for gay marriage and many in the negative debated that government have no right to poke their noses into anyone relationtionships or grant them rights which are intrinsic. They are right, though governments won't stop aytime soon so I continued the debate. In this case, one can but laugh at the UN for being such hopeless, useless bureaucrats that actually think this resolution makes any difference anywhere.

It must be disbanded somehow.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Gay Rights is just a term invented so that people could be openly gay. I don't know about you but, I could get by without knowing specific details about certain individuals and their preferences. I do not go around flaunting my peculiarities and neither should gays. Having a desire to be penetrated by another man is one thing but, walking around shouting it is obscene. (NOTE: moderating this is curbing my free speech.)
GAYS PLEASE STOP BEING OBNOXIOUS AND JUST BE A REGULAR PERSON (who is gay)
"The firefighters claim parade attendees made obscene gestures, uttered inappropriate remarks and displayed lewd behavior that made them uncomfortable. They also demanded a work environment without discrimination and harassment."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BogusHype

I ultimately agree that obnoxious people need to tone it down...be it straight, gay, or other.

What these laws, protections, and resolutions do however is protect life and liberty in areas that have dictators and draconian style rule.
In parts of africa and across the world really, there are laws that, if you are found out to have engaged in homosexual behavior (even in your own home away from prying eyes), you can be imprisoned for life or executed.

I think the concept is, whatever consenting adults do together is a basic human right that should be protected...it is dragging us out of a murderous mindset that differences in lifestyle should be tolerated verses murderously supressed.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
On the other hand, how does the UN pass a resolution to give people their unalieable rights they already possess?

And how does the UN mandate actions from a sovereign nation?

Oh yeah. We've been sold out.

Pretty soon, unisex (family) restrooms will REALLY be unisex.

Screw the UN.

BTW, what is the difference between "gay" and lesbian? Both are homosexual. Hmm. Disunity in ranks?

Wood choppin' dykes against home decorating gay dudes?

I've no use for transvestites. thats just too weird.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BogusHype
Gay Rights is just a term invented so that people could be openly gay. I don't know about you but, I could get by without knowing specific details about certain individuals and their preferences. I do not go around flaunting my peculiarities and neither should gays. Having a desire to be penetrated by another man is one thing but, walking around shouting it is obscene. (NOTE: moderating this is curbing my free speech.)
GAYS PLEASE STOP BEING OBNOXIOUS AND JUST BE A REGULAR PERSON (who is gay)
"The firefighters claim parade attendees made obscene gestures, uttered inappropriate remarks and displayed lewd behavior that made them uncomfortable. They also demanded a work environment without discrimination and harassment."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Most of us dont. I am not sure though, why you think people ought not to be ale to work in an environment free of discrimination and harassment.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
So will they also be protecting the pedophiles as well? That will be interesting to see, I doubt it. And before anyone jumps down my throat, pedophile =/= molester, or child rapist.

Apples & Oranges.. practicing pedophiles et al are law breakers who manipulate young immature minds, exploit the naive, kidnap etc.. "gays" are people with different opinions re: personal sexual matters.

Regardless.. nobody should give a rats sphincter what those UN people have to say.. boring strangers with laughable credibility belching opinions are everywhere.. usually called "bloggers"..lol

People are simply people.. regardless of what a flock of UN council clowns puts in a letter..

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Yes. What is your point? Are you advocating this amendment?

No. I'm just merely pointing out that an amendment declaring marriage between a man and woman would void any same sex marriages.

And Roe v Wade has WHAT to do with this subject?

Upon the discretion of the viewpoint of the judges interpreting the constitution, they can either be pro or con on any issue that's presented before them. In the case of Roe vs Wade, I wanted to point out the immorality of the judgment. Legalizing abortion only opened up a Pandoras Box just as legalizing same-sex marriage will.

Oh, no, you are incorrect.

The Right to Marry

The link you provided is based upon the views of the author and the twentieth century mindset. Marriage has always been an institution, not a right and it has turned into a battle of rights because people are adament on pushing the envelope on what society has in place to ensure order(laws). Anything and everything could be argued as a right in todays society. Seeing a marriage that is contrary to traditional adult man and adult woman is about as normal as seeing an old man married to a 9 year-old child. This is repulsive in Western civilization but accepted as normal in many third world nations.

From your viewpoint, it is not important. I get that. From other people's viewpoints (other people who are NOT you, who have their own brains, personalities and interests that are NOT yours)... from their point of view, it IS important.

I understand everyone is different but you have to admit that there are issues that deserve more attetion than marriage. It's almost analogous to a house being on fire and someone worried about if their hair looks okay or not.

If you think everyone should have the exact same priorities in their life as you do, that is your problem. Most of us understand that we are different from each other and have different interests, priorities and values. But like it or not, not all people think equal rights is not important.

No one has ever denied gays can't engage in their behavior. The same-sex marriage issue is not about love or family. It's all about benefits(money).

How generous.

You're welcome.

"GIVE" them their rights? Son, you don't even know what a right is. See, here is the biggest issue with people who have your "viewpoint"... You think you "give" gays their rights. You wonder what kind of rights they're going to be begging you for tomorrow. As if you're some kind of righteous judge who gets to decide who gets rights and who doesn't. That is sickening and willfully ignorant. You, and people who think like you, have some misguided idea that you have some kind of power to DENY a group of citizens something that is already theirs.

I have never stated that I want to deny gay people from marrying. They can marry all they want. I'm just stating that same-sex marriage will open the gates to even more debates of behavior that society may find...er...not normal today. e.g. Beastiality, pedophilia, cannibalism, necrophilia, ritual human sacrifice, etc. What is not considered normal today may become the subject of debate tomorrow in the fight for rights and there will always people there to argue both sides.

I honestly cannot wait till gay people can marry AND adopt just like the rest of us in every state in the US.

It's great that you can honestly say this but can you honestly tell me what problem will it solve?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

So will they also be protecting the pedophiles as well? That will be interesting to see, I doubt it. And before anyone jumps down my throat, pedophile =/= molester, or child rapist.

So a gay person is the same as a pedophile? A pedo is a mentally ill person are you saying gays are mentally ill?

Spot on. It has to be a mental illness. I would go as far as to say they are one and the same.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

The Big Bang and God (of any Abrahamic belief system) are mutually exclusive, unless you ignore certain parts of the Old Testament to allow for a Big Bang event to have occurred. The Bible would have to be allegorical/symbolic, but which parts? Does it include the parts that deal with homosexuality?

The chromosome and gene that insists there is a God has already been mapped out by real science, so I can understand why you are insistent on your caveman belief system despite endless amounts of evidence to suggest the Bible was purely human-produced, from the conjuring to writing.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thwax

So a gay person is the same as a pedophile? A pedo is a mentally ill person are you saying gays are mentally ill?

Spot on. It has to be a mental illness. I would go as far as to say they are one and the same.

I'm gay and I can quite safely say that you are absolutely, guaranteed more mentally ill than I am.

Want proof? Read the disgusting trash your write.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
CNN -- U.S. State Department
U.N. Human Rights Council

patting themselves on their respective backs while supporting illegal wars
and fake "revolutions". what a charade. oh, gays can go to 3rd world countries
and be a part of those wars too. it's a "law" now. congrats!
edit on 19-6-2011 by psyop911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

I'm gay and I can quite safely say that you are absolutely, guaranteed more mentally ill than I am.

You suffer a mental illness which makes you sexually attracted to other men. It's not normal or natural to have these feelings, which is why we have families, because normal men are attracted to women.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

You suffer a mental illness which makes you sexually attracted to other men. It's not normal or natural to have these feelings, which is why we have families, because normal men are attracted to women.

Actually, sexuality is innate within us. But I think you know that and just like the argument because you don't understand my particular persuasion.

I'm afraid unless you are homosexual there's really no way you'll ever know for sure.

I'll rest happy knowing that the men that I have sex with are prettier than the women you have sex with.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

Dude are you trolling? Read the definition of mental illness.

A mental disorder or mental illness is a psychological or behavioral pattern generally associated with subjective distress or disability that occurs in an individual

Homosexuality is not fulfilling this definition, therefore its not classified as mental disorder. Pedophilia is classified as disorder since it leads to harming others who are unable to consent (children). Since homosexuality is not leading to harming those unable to consent, it is not a disorder.

The rule of thumb is what causes no harm to the person or others cannot be classified as disorder.

It's not normal or natural to have these feelings

Define what you mean by "normal" and "natural".

edit on 19/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Thwax

Dude are you trolling? Read the definition of mental illness.

A mental disorder or mental illness is a psychological or behavioral pattern generally associated with subjective distress or disability that occurs in an individual

Homosexuality is not fulfilling this definition, therefore its not classified as mental disorder. Pedophilia is classified as disorder since it leads to harming others who are unable to consent (children). Since homosexuality is not leading to harming those unable to consent, it is not a disorder.

The rule of thumb is what causes no harm to the person or others cannot be classified as disorder.

It's not normal or natural to have these feelings

Define what you mean by "normal" and "natural".

Normal: The desire to have a family. Natural: The sexual attraction towards women.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Actually, sexuality is innate within us. But I think you know that and just like the argument because you don't understand my particular persuasion.

Yes it is, the desire to have a family is something present within normal males and is a primal instinct. I fully understand your "persuasion" (or whatever you choose to label it). You suffer a dilapidating mental disorder which differentiates you from normal males. It must be very difficult for you to come to terms with.

I'm afraid unless you are homosexual there's really no way you'll ever know for sure.

I'll rest happy knowing that the men that I have sex with are prettier than the women you have sex with.

That's fine, when you end up with AIDS and TB, or any other homosexual illness, I'll rest happy knowing that my normal, healthy and correct lifestyle has kept me alive.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

Normal: The desire to have a family.

Should all monks or priests be classified as mentally ill then?

Natural: The sexual attraction towards women.

Natural is what occurs in nature (what is not artificially produced by humans). Homosexuality occurs naturally, therefore its natural.

You are mixing different definitions of the words "normal" and "natural".
Normal means "majority of people do it". Natural means "occurs naturally" (is not artificial).
These words are distinct, and both of them has nothing to do with whether something is good or bad. (it was normal to kill jews during WW2 or kill children up to 2 years old in ancient times, or it is normal to stone people in the Middle East. It is natural to sometimes kill people (there was never a natual society without murder) or die of diseases).

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Should all monks or priests be classified as mentally ill then?

On account of their religion, yes!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

On account of their religion, yes!

Well, on account of their religion, I would agree with it.

But simply on the fact that they dont want to have a family (regardless of reasons)? No. Doing something that majority is not doing (is not normal) is not enough to be classified as mentally ill. Otherwise collecting stamps would also be mental illness, its not normal (majority of people dont do it).

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

...the desire to have a family is something present within normal males and is a primal instinct. I fully understand your "persuasion" (or whatever you choose to label it). You suffer a dilapidating mental disorder which differentiates you from normal males. It must be very difficult for you to come to terms with.

That's fine, when you end up with AIDS and TB, or any other homosexual illness, I'll rest happy knowing that my normal, healthy and correct lifestyle has kept me alive.

Oh, I didn't realise that straight people didn't get AIDS and that all homosexuals did.

I desire a family, according to your argument this qualifies me as normal. Unfortunately, you do not understand sexuality at all if you think it is a mental illness. I think rather than "dilapidating" you might have meant debilitating? I function quite well, thanks for your concern, as do most homosexuals and there's not a lot to come to terms with once Dad stops freaking out.

What's happening here is you are displaying your sad bigotry and from what I can tell, lack of education for the entire world to see. It's lucky profiles can be anonymous.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join