It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. council passes gay rights resolution

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
This is ridiculous, they are worried about gay rights than the people in Africa starving or the people in Palestine being killed by the terrorist zionst/nazis or the civilians being killed by NATO in Libya. Seriously gays will be punished by god and the world has its priorities messed up and will also be punished.

As usual you spout hateful and vile filth. I am disgusted by the horrible things you have to say about fellow human beings in the name of your god.

If anyone will be judged for anything it's the religious who are totally intolerant of everything outside of their little bubble.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

"Against nature?"

Would you prefer homosexuals stitched little pink triangles and wore long coats in public instead?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Thwax

"Against nature?"

Would you prefer homosexuals stitched little pink triangles and wore long coats in public instead?

Not at all. I would prefer if they kept their insidious activities well away from me and my family. Again, such a shame people feel the need to use personal attacks and insinuations when presented with an argument they don't agree with.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

Firstly; it was sarcasm, not a personal attack.
And, secondly, this is not the 15th century and people are entirely free to do what they like. I'm not sure what happens in the United States, but homosexuals are quite decent people in Europe. Whilst in public. Doubt your family will be 'exposed' to anything morally dangerous

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Note:

Personal attacks will be removed either as Ill-mannered or T&C Violations.

Posts intended to inflame and provoke personal attacks will be noted by staff.

Let's keep this hot button debate civil, please.
edit on 18/6/11 by masqua because: spllng

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Thwax

And, secondly, this is not the 15th century and people are entirely free to do what they like. I'm not sure what happens in the United States, but homosexuals are quite decent people in Europe. Whilst in public. Doubt your family will be 'exposed' to anything morally dangerous

I perceived it to be a personal attack so I will call it as such. This could be the 15th or 150th century, and my opinion wouldn't change. I absolutely do not want to be near two men kissing, ever.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thwax

reply to post by Thwax

I perceived it to be a personal attack so I will call it as such. This could be the 15th or 150th century, and my opinion wouldn't change. I absolutely do not want to be near two men kissing, ever.

Because gay men have nothing better to do than track you down and kiss in front of you. For goodness sake...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

reply to post by Thwax

Because gay men have nothing better to do than track you down and kiss in front of you. For goodness sake...

Given their tenacity when it comes to forcing their abhorrent lifestyles onto everyone else, I would not be surprised if they did start tracking people down to offend them.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Given their tenacity when it comes to forcing their abhorrent lifestyles onto everyone else, I would not be surprised if they did start tracking people down to offend them.

Which betrays a lack of empathy and begs curiosity as to why you are so repelled from people who are for the most part, getting on with daily life and not harming you in any way at all.

There are others still like you and that's the way it should be. If everyone kept the same views as their neighbour, life would be pretty boring. I wonder if you might refrain from being so vocal that my innate sexuality should be criminalized though?

For example, I find religion to be insane but I don't advocate locking up people who have faith.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Garfee because: idiot fingers

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

They are forcing their "abhorrent lifestyles on everyone" in exactly the same way you are forcing your abhorrent opinions on everyone else. Just as you have a right to have such an opinion, they have a right to theirs. Just as you have the right to speak where and when and about whatever you want, so too do they. Though you and they have different sexual preferences, you are both entitled to identical rights as human beings. everything you claim and enjoy is shared by gay people as well.

That you probably didn't realize this - in fact, probably still don't - is an example of why this UN resolution was written in the first place.

I absolutely do not want to be near two men kissing, ever.

Two steps towards achieving this goal.
1) Don't kiss a man (should be easy enough, right?) and
2) Walk away if it bothers you; you're the one with the problem, after all, so leave the two to their own company. I'm sure they don't really want you gawking anyway.
edit on 18/6/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

I hope I'm not being too presumptuous; are you a straight white male? Presumably American, probably some flavor of Christian? I ask because, well, that tends to be the standard template for people who profess an inability to "get it." Not that you're dumb because of any of those traits, but rather because these particular issues just don't cross your path unless you choose to read or hear about them.

First off, a hate crime is a crime motivated by hatred of a particular group of people. It's really quite simple. If I beat a guy up because I personally dislike that guy, then the problem is between he and I. However, if I beat him up because he's black and I dislike black people... then any other black person could easily be a victim of my assault. The prejudices driving my criminal behavior make me a clear risk for ALL people who fall under that prejudice. My motive is to cause harm and fear among a particular group of people.

/sigh

I know what a hate crime is defined as. Please don't be condescending. I'm attempting to hold an intelligent debate with you. If you have an "inability to get it", then admit to it.

Hate crimes legislation is a tool for special interest groups to right the perceived wrongs against them. The U.S. "justice system" has a long-standing tradition of ignoring the basic rights of all citizens due to some of them being a different color, living a different lifestyle, being the wrong sex, or age. So the term "hate crime" was created in order to prosecute those violations.

But with the creation of these new laws if I, a white, straight, mid-40s male, gets beaten up by a group of Asian, homosexual, 20s females, they get an assault and battery charge. The likelihood that they will be charged under hate crime legislation is slim.

Now, for the subject of "category" rights... well, the fact is like I said, while it would seem plain common sense that these rights fall under universal "human rights" the sad fact of reality is that this fact has often been completely ignored by ruling majorities, so there's a need to pull out the spotlights, and enumerate, make clear to all looking, that yes, THOSE people have human rights, too.

Bear in mind that there are still plenty of nations and cultures where certain groups of human aren't actually considered human, too; Children and women are often relegated to subhuman status, for instance, so there's a need to point out that yes, there are rights that even women and children in particular have as human beings.

It's not that other groups lack these rights. It's simply drawing highlights on an as-needed basis.

Speaking only to the U.S., "gay rights" are rights a straight person doesn't have. "Women's rights" are rights men don't have, and so on. Had the U.S. enforced its laws equally those rights only afforded to certain groups wouldn't be needed. Now they are extant, and exclusive in practice.

Actually it's never invaded a country on the basis of human rights. Certain American politicians try to sell the invasion to the American public with the "human rights" angle, but the annoying fact is, our politicians don't need to sell us on a war, they just do it anyway. Now, we have given support to other efforts in the name of human rights (Bosnia and Kosovo, now Libya) but those weren't actually invasions.

I think Operation Restore Hope would like to disagree with you on that point.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Thwax

2) Walk away if it bothers you; you're the one with the problem, after all, so leave the two to their own company. I'm sure they don't really want you gawking anyway.

Why should I have to walk away? Why should I have to change my plans to avoid these people? Walking away is what cowards do. I deal with the situation head on and tell them to pack it in.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
So will they also be protecting the pedophiles as well?

Pedophiles are already protected as "people" in the Constitution. There's nothing stopping pedophiles from legally marrying, interestingly. Or even having kids!

I LOVE that the UN passed this resolution! I hope it means the US will soon dissolve any and all restrictions against LGBT individuals who wish to legally marry!

Listen up, Obama! You have done some good things in your first term, but if you want a second term, you're going to have to attack some of the BIG stuff you were elected to do to. I'm just sayin'. Make marriage available to ALL citizens equally!

edit on 6/18/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Thwax

Why should I have to walk away? Why should I have to change my plans to avoid these people? Walking away is what cowards do. I deal with the situation head on and tell them to pack it in.

Ah because you're a big tough man? And if the homo in question is twice your size?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

I wasn't aware that I advocated violence in any of my posts. If you feel that I have, I would like to know what posts they were.

You advocated criminalisation of homosexuality - that is, police and judiciary violence against homosexuals, for them being homosexuals.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

I absolutely do not want to be near two men kissing, ever.

Well here lies the dillema. I kiss my children and nephew almost every day, all boys. I am a man. Do you kiss your children? Any of them boys? Does this mean that we are breaking some "rule" because we happen to be the same gender?

When we start to judge gay people for their actions is when people will judge us for ours. Should I be labeled a pervert because I kiss little boys (my children)?

No, it's love. Unconditional love. There is no doubt that the same love I feel for my wife and kids is the same love a gay man can feel for his gay boyfriend/husband. I will not judge him for his actions and he will not judge me.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

"It sends a clear message that abuses based on sexual orientation and gender identity must end."

Pedophile is a sexual orientation. So will the witch hunt end? Hunting down molesters and kiddy rapists, and hunting down pedophiles is two different things.
edit on Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:03:42 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

When I first saw that avatar my first thought was "Pedo-Bear"
, Are you seriously advocating the defence of adults having sexual relationships with children? First it is illegal, second it very disgusting. I can understand the concept of an older man looking for a younger WOMAN, but a child???!!!
Seriously, someone please trace this induviduals IP, and let me know if they are with in 100 miles of Houston

On Topic, If Gay people want rights whos cares, let them have equal rights, Gays are more fun to hang around anyway, especially the women. As long as it is two (or 3) consenting adults....
edit on 18/6/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm just sayin'. Make marriage available to ALL citizens equally!

Marriage is available to all citizens, to people of the opposite gender. I don't see what's not equal about that.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me how, not three weeks ago, South Africa can vote in favor of the right to execute gays, simply for being gay, and then declare that the UN must vote to afford them equal rights? What is this....equal rights to be killed?

Further, the vote regarding the approval to acknowledge sexual orientation as a reason for a person to be executed was far more heavily attended, at least according to the vote tally, than this one.

This entire organization is completely useless IMO.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm just sayin'. Make marriage available to ALL citizens equally!

Marriage is available to all citizens, to people of the opposite gender. I don't see what's not equal about that.

I can't love someone of the opposite sex. Which would make marriage to them unbearable for both them and me. That's why.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join