It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US GOA says 40% of parts coming from china for the DoD are fakes and defective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
www.dailytech.com...

"The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the audit, evaluation, and investigative arm of the U.S. Congress has been busy investigating reports of fake and/or damaged parts in the U.S. supply chain. It has released its preliminary findings [press release] and they may come as a shock to some -- though perhaps not so much for others."

I've always had the idea that its dumb to make our military equipment there. Aren't they the biggest threat to the US economically and soon militarily? It also may be possible for them to reverse engineer the stuff. Now it seems our dept of defense buyers can't tell the difference between real and fake parts. Considering these parts are needed to keep our men and women safe I am appalled this is going on.
edit on 17-6-2011 by wiandiii because: for spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
and this is what we get for not making our parts here in America...the chinese are not good pals with us so of course they will create defective parts and ship them here...

Am I the only one who finds it insulting that our government doesn't really seem to give half a rats ass about our troops safety? They give defective kevlar and helmets....defective guns...armored vehicles with welded on squares of steel...

edit on 17-6-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

i have a buddy who went through 1 year of active in kuwait, afghanistan, iraq, and pretty much all over the place...he had the issued kevlar helmet for his entire active duty and come 1 week before he was done they had a recall on the kevlar helmets because they couldn't even stop a 22 bullet...
edit on 17-6-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Not suprised by this at all.Could all be part of the plan to bring down the US. Imagine a war does break out between China and US,their guns are deadly, the US guns no more effective than a cap gun. It's pretty much over for America now between your president starting war after war and your manufacturing being shipped out,your chemtrail spraying all sorts of crap on you to spoil your food and your brain. I am starting to wonder if there are any people left in the US that have any cahoonas left

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Just another reason why I buy only US made when possible.
At least our small arms are made here.
We can build our own rockets anyway.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
China, in the short term, has no real incentive to start a war with anyone.
However 50 to 100 years from now when they are at the top of the food chain that might change.

It is not in their interest to lose their current biggest customer.
Maybe after they've bled us dry of all our spending money. Then maybe they will start something.
However I don't see that in the short term.

This is a small jab at us. And will hopefully teach us the lesson that shipping everything overseas is not a good idea.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

in the short term though...this could potentially kill our active soldiers...i think there isn't enough oversight into these deficiencies in parts and gear that our troops actively use every day...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
1.US - china war breaks out in south china sea.
2.Chinese sit back and relax and laugh knowing that the F22 parts and rare earth products were engineered to last one cycle run so they make more business and win the war.
3.Chinese press enable rust button and all us military equipment is destroyed in an instant.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

This is re-damn-dick-culous. It's like playing poker with a well known spotter over your shoulder.

It's no stretch of the imagination this was their plan the moment they knew that taking over our manufacturing base via corporate interests was way too easy. Say hello to the lowest bidder bending you over. First course of action is to wipe all Chinese routers, do a sweep of peripheral computer parts, and chase it down with a US home grown supply. That'll create some jobs. Second is to stop pandering to the Chinese. We all need to get our act in order.

edit on 17-6-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sounds like a taste of our own medicene to me...
1 Billion Dollar Scam Arming Iraq With Junk

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

1billion compared to how much and for how long? Agreed, junk gets passed around, but our government isn't KBR, Halliburton, etc, etc... Although you could argue our government is bought and paid for.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
HA, what did they EXPECT!!

Nearly all products from China are TREMENDOUSLY lacking in quality.

Everyone knows this, well I thought everyone knew this...

Buy American and save money in the long run. Or be stupid and buy imported junk multiple times over and over which ends up costing the same or more anyways.

Americans need to STOP buying Chinese products which take our jobs away and close the doors to American manufacturing plants.

STOP it already!!!
edit on 17-6-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
China are laughing all the way to WW3.
Not only can they make duff parts for the USmilitary-they can work out how to make parts even more durable that the original specs for their own military.

What a stupid waste of money and lives-shows just how little the US Gov cares about the safety of its service men and women.
Imagine what a boost the economy in the USA would get if they made all the defense stuff at home...never mind the higher quality products.

But noooOOoo,get it made by slaves in China.
Cheap as chips,so what if they all break or don't work.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
i have a buddy who went through 1 year of active in kuwait, afghanistan, iraq, and pretty much all over the place...he had the issued kevlar helmet for his entire active duty and come 1 week before he was done they had a recall on the kevlar helmets because they couldn't even stop a 22 bullet...

Sounds a lot like "the emperor wears no clothes" story.

The US government has been sabotaged from the inside by various interests since the early days of its creation. If we stuck by the word of our founding fathers, we wouldn't be arbitrarily invading all these countries in a "world police" effort in the first place. And China doesn't appreciate us in their back yard either, which is a very bad thing. The last thing we need is a war with that nation. I'm sure it would finish this country off for good at this point.

top topics

join