It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Mario hates North Korea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
We all know Mario and his brother Luigi are drug addicts. They eat nothing but magic mushrooms. Seriously, have you ever seen Mario eat a burger?

There are many theories on the internet about Super Mario being Communist propaganda.

The reasoning is:

1) he wears red
2) he has a mustache like Stalin
3) he puts up a red star when he gets to a castle

Here's a different take on the theory, that Mario is actually a Capitalist fighting against Communism:

EAT THE SHEEP

K

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Red hat? Mario was introduced along with Luigi

They eat magic mushrooms because its all advertising to get kids to play the game

Red Star? Anytime I play mario, when he goes into a castle, he pulls up a flag, and all the stars in the game
are either rainbow or yellow.

Seriously, nowadays everythign is a conspiracy, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Interesting topic. Please watch. This mentions Mario Brothers. Nothing to do with advertising or communism according to these videos.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2

Interesting topic. Please watch. This mentions Mario Brothers. Nothing to do with advertising or communism according to these videos.

Watched the first 30 seconds and stopped when he said the little hexagon in the GC logo was the G in the Compass and Square of the Freemasons. People! get a grip! Not everything is a conspiracy!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
made it about 1.5 minutes and could not take the guys voice or him beating the hell out of the thesaruaus trying to find a new word for synchronic

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think the game is promoting Capitalism.

He's chasing coins and eating mushrooms to fight a totalitarian isolationist.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It's not a conspiracy... it's a coincidence... It was programed that way by Japanese Programers.

And by the way, when you get to the end of a level, you pull down a flag.... The stars are in the game itself and not one of them are red.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You are wrong. When you get to a level you pull down a flag with a turtle shell on it and raise a flag with a red star on it.

nedmartin.org...

That being said, I don't believe there is a conspiracy, just a very talented story teller who is perhaps using a veiled sociopolitical theme as a premise.

I don't think Super Mario is communist but I do consider that the story may allude to a Capitalist vs Communist struggle. It is not ridiculous to consider the story teller is using metaphors.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The main programmer considered three names for King Koopa, All of them were Korean foods. Why Korean foods?

en.wikipedia.org...(character)#Concept_and_creation

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Originally posted by Buford2

Watched the first 30 seconds and stopped when he said the little hexagon in the GC logo was the G in the Compass and Square of the Freemasons. People! get a grip! Not everything is a conspiracy!

Right.

Not everything is a conspiracy. But there are conspiracies.

Is this a strawman thread against conspiracies and their legitimacy.

Is operation Northwoods or MKULTRA real or fake?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I thought Mario and Luigi are Italian? Are they expat's or something? I would hate from going from eating the greatness that is Italian food, to eating nothing but rice and water for the most part.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It's more like a conspiracy against reptilians.
Line # 2

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
it's italys way to start a war. problem?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Savage Khan
We all know Mario and his brother Luigi are drug addicts. They eat nothing but magic mushrooms. Seriously, have you ever seen Mario eat a burger?

There are many theories on the internet about Super Mario being Communist propaganda.

The reasoning is:

1) he wears red
2) he has a mustache like Stalin
3) he puts up a red star when he gets to a castle

Here's a different take on the theory, that Mario is actually a Capitalist fighting against Communism:

EAT THE SHEEP

K

LOL I bet Mario would produce a good result for communism.

new topics

top topics

join