It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge has harsh words for Mom before sentencing her for spanking her kid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Fair enough, but I will guarantee one thing.

Get out of line, and your grandad will give your dad a slap!!

Just to bring it back on topic!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I was cuffed 'round the ears from him too many times to count!

And I deserved it every time.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I bet you did as well, just as much as I did!! hwhehe

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Checkers not chess, my granpa on my Mom's side is an old world Marine, 27 years in the corps.
I imagine he could have slapped the $#@! outta John Wayne and Chuck Norris as tough as he was.

I do see what your getting at though.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
For all you old timers seemingly nostalgic for the Roarin' 20's to come around again. Making assumptions that kids these days are "less intelligent" or, what ever variation you wish to use. I present you a new way of looking at things. Please read: Everything that is bad for you, is good for you.

Things change so does parenting. My grandfather used a belt on my father for everything he did wrong. They later got into a fist fight and went their separate ways and did not reconcile until years later when my grandfather was near death. Sadly, my father also chose to not be present in my life. My mother never hit us and allowed freedom of self expression in our home and things of that nature. As a parent so far (my only child is 2) I will slap her bottom when time out doesn't work and will continue the last resort use of the act until she no longer needs me too. There is a balance that can be maintained and be effective. I get irritated about how the past generation act towards those of us younger with the assumptions. There is bad in every generation please unseat from the high horses.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

That judge is a total flippin idiot. I suppose he thinks she should have just called police instead and had the kid tased.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Spanking should be allowed.

Thats absolutely absurd. I was spanked; even with a paddle as a child(On the Bum). I think i turned out alright. Don't drink No Drugs No Crime.

I think that is absolutely ABSURD that they would not allow a mother to discipline her child; in this way. I think its for the better of the child

Its not like shes Casey Anthony Murdering purportedly her own child; thats what this Judge needs is a Wake-Up Call from her Luxury and Sumptuous Life Style.

Some kids just need to be spanked. I was and am glad my parents did it.

edit on 17-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This woman has behaved like a whore.Stripping away the childs confidence to make herself feel better.

Children are not rag dolls to be soaked in pain.It does not work like that.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Most teenage kids nowadays are disrespectful and act like there entitle to everything, they need to be smacked... just saying.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by greeneyedleo

G.E.L

I understand where you are coming from, however even the most normal or strikes on a fleshy area will cause reddening. You can do it on yourself easily.

This is not abuse, but a physiological reaction.
I understand you were beaten severely as a child with foreign objects, paddles belts etc.

When it bruises it is too far, but honestly reddening will happen anyway.
I think what GEL and I were reading is that the red marks stayed long enough to be seen much later by the doctors, not just the grandma. It takes some considerable force to leave marks like that. I can try it now on the skin of my wrist. I can smack it and there, I've produced sufficient force to make it sting quite a bit. There is a slight mark...and there it goes, faded out of sight already. That is how hard a spanking of a two year old should be. That is plenty sufficient to get their attention, divert them from their meltdown, and get the point across that mom is mighty displeased.

How hard did that woman hit her child to leave marks for witnesses to see likely hours after the fact? It's a two year old. There just isn't any excuse or reason or need to hit a two year old that hard. I would not even hit an older child that hard. I can't even bring myself for experimental purposes to hit myself that hard to see if I can leave a mark that lasts. When I was about seven, I was beaten with a belt across my back by my dad, once when he really lost his temper so bad he lost his aim and let me have it, and even then I didn't end up with marks that stayed longer than a few minutes. (And he did apologize and say he was wrong for that, by the way, and never did that again). So again, I have to give benefit of a doubt to grandma and the judge on this. That child had red marks that persisted long enough to be witnessed and documented. That's just messed up, man.

Now if the judge is issuing a blanket personal condemnation on all forms of spanking including the typical few swats on the butt, I do object. And even then, if it truly is the law of his jurisdiction that all forms of spanking are forbidden, I can't fault the judge for upholding the law. If the people don't like it, they need to contact their legislators and change it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I must have missed the memo, or instruction manual when having my child. Where does it say you cannot spank your child? When was spanking outlawed?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Good question, check the laws for your state, county, and city. It's a new era and some places have made it illegal or are trending in that direction. I think it is totally illegal in some parts of Europe but I'm not sure where.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Disciplining ones child (3-10 yr old?) when its needed is good parenting,yet TPTB take that away from decent parents.

Yet just to put this into perspective of what is allowed and not criminalised by those in high places..

This is to new borns,that parents can have full right to do without the childs consent....

Is circumcision less painful for a baby than for an adult?
Infants experience excruciating pain during circumcision and for weeks afterwards, and they can show behavioural changes such as frequent crying, avoidance of physical contact, reduced feeding, and sleep disturbance. Local anaesthetic creams such as EMLA are not adequate, and a general anaesthetic poses a significant risk for infants under the age of six months. Adult circumcision is less painful as men can undergo general anaesthesia and receive pain relief during the post-operative period.
www.bellybelly.com.au...

Below you will find a lot of people/parents who also think this is just fine to do.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

One is a smack administered to curb bad behaviour and thats not allowed,the other is barbaric to cut raw skin off a new born and is quite ok.

What a scewed up world.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
This woman has behaved like a whore.Stripping away the childs confidence to make herself feel better.

Children are not rag dolls to be soaked in pain.It does not work like that.

This makes no sense. Disciplining your child is like selling your body for sex? Don't see the connection.

How is using pain to learn equal to stealing confidence? The human brain creates filters by associating the response to the stimuli. Am I saying please hurt children? No, not at all. I am saying if you get spanked for something you shouldn't do, you think twice the next time. Similar to avoiding fire after getting burned.

Here is the deal. There are zero repercussions for anything these days. Kids have no boundaries and that is way more abusive than a spanking.

Not only is the judge wrong but he just put another nail in the coffin of this dying nation.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well its America what do you guys expect.

The rape and pillage of foreign nations is OK and loved.

The torture of humans is OK.

But spanking YOUR child is a felony.

YOU lot in the states are run by Nazis and you citizens will soon be locked up in camps around the US ready for termination unless you grow some balls and start fighting back. But that is not the American way unless guns are approved.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
We're the government, we know how to raise your kid better than you do.

I am pro-spanking. When I see some kid running up and down the aisles of a grocery store, screaming and ripping things off the shelves, my first thought is usually "The only cure for that is good ol' fashioned ass whoopin".

When I was a child I got a couple different types of punishment. Stand in the corner, or a spanking.

"Go stand in the corner young man!" wasn't nearly as scary as "Keep it up and you'll get an ass whoopin' boy"

Hell, if my parents even HINTED that a spanking was in my future, I smartened the hell up quick style... and I love them for it. Made me a better person.

Old school kids: "Yes, sir" and "Thank you, ma'am"
New school kids: "BUY ME AN IPOD OR I'LL TELL MY TEACHERS YOU HIT ME!!!"

Brats.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
My parents tried that sit in the corner thing before...total waste of both our times. I can honestly say my parents using that belt is what made me understand whatever I did would not be tolerated. Judge had no reason to say what he said as if its the law. I will spank my kids and I'm positive my kids will spank their kids etc.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm in my early thirties and I think my parents did a good job when it came to discipline.

The way I see it there are three ways of dealing with a child's bad behavior.

For increasingly severe improper behavior:

1st: Talk to the child and logically explain to them that what they did was wrong and help them understand.

2nd: Spank the child (but obviously not to the point of physical injury).

3rd: Spank the child AND explain logically why it was done and why what they did was wrong.

(The second and third can probably be one.)

If nothing else can correct the child's behavior then there is something more wrong then what is just observed.

In regards to the OP I can't see any true logical reason as to why things played out the way they did unless others have suggested that there was some ulterior motive. Which then becomes disgusting as a child was used for said ulterior motive.

I see no need for any kind of intervention described in the snippet the OP posted.

-AS-
edit on 18-6-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join