It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the wars we will not win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Im sitting here in New Jersey right now in the middle of a pretty intense thunderstorm, some hail and a lot of lightning but nothing really far out of the ordinary.

In my personal studies on the weather within the united states i have come to a pretty certain conclusion that many others have also met. We are experiencing the most extreme weather that the country has ever seen. This is completely obvious for all you nay-sayers. With the floods, tornados, thunderstorms micro-bursts and everything else going on; anyone who's done any serious research on the weather (no not the news) will tell you that its getting worse. The answer is pretty simple; the world warms up a couple degrees, that translates into massive amounts of energy for the air to evaporate water from the oceans, winds move faster, ect, ect. It's a pretty easy pill to swallow.

So global warming: check, regardless of what is causing it, it's happening, and considering the exponential acceleration of industry and greenhouse gasses, we're probably nearing the big one. Hopefully it doesn't hit good ol' jersey.

Education: The public school systems in America, and Europe are going to the dogs. Take this from a student; the schools take tax dollars, and spend them on all sorts of stupid **** that is unnecessary. School systems in the less 'fortunate' areas are all but failing, students with parents that care are sending their kids to aunts and uncles who live in better towns, it's happening everywhere. They're loading up the tax bill of everyone else, it's not fair. Combine that with the education cuts and you can see that we're traveling down the spiral. seeing as the current generation absolutely failed in their goals to create a cleaner and more friendly place to live we should be relying on the younger generations correct? No, because they aren't receiving educations. As a student, i'll say with the utmost confidence that my hometown system has absolutely failed, and when i wrote to them explaining why, they decided to make me see a therapist. they are going to spend thousands of dollars over a few cuss words and a lot of good points, point proved.

I ask you members of ATS, stop wasting time with you're conspiracy theories and end of the world prophecies. Focus on what's actually happening, what's actually going to run the world into the ground.

as for the nay-sayers. SMD. i'll be in the heat of the battle dealing with the mess everyone else created when **** hits the fan.

edit on 17-6-2011 by minnow329 because: ...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
none of them? is that what you're trying to say?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
good always wins

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I thought, "Interesting thread title".

Unusual way to start one, though.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
U-S-A! U-S-A! L-O-L!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

not sure...but that's the first thing to come to my mind at least...i'm sure he'll talk about libya and afghanistan or something

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
read again my bad..

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow329

I'd like to see data supporting "the worst weather ever".

Cynic when it comes to the global warming thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

mississippi

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Okay. Floods are bad. But the worst ever? We've only been keeping records for a couple hundred years. Really, very little data to go on. And to attribute it to global warming? I'd nned more information than just one bad flood.
Not trying to troll. Just trying to put things in perspective.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yes, there has been a bit more extreme or weird weather this year, but the reason is instead most likely quite the opposite of global warming.
The reason for this change in weather is in my opinion due to the grand solar minimum we have been experiencing over the last few years.
There is a link between low solar activity and the behaviour of jet streams. This is what caused the cold winter all across europe and northern america during the last two winters.

My bet is that global average temperatures will fall over the next decades.

Edit: And btw.. monthly average for last month was only 0.13c above "normal".
The so called normal is btw taken from a period that was kinda chilly.

edit on 17-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

you know **** the weather the storms gone now. i was more concerned with education

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

How would you fix the education system?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

to be honest i don't think it's the system as much as it's the incredibly uninteresting curriculum as well as the fact that parenting isn't what it used to be, kids are spoiled, they don't have drive, they want to be disruptive..

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow329
reply to post by beezzer

to be honest i don't think it's the system as much as it's the incredibly uninteresting curriculum as well as the fact that parenting isn't what it used to be, kids are spoiled, they don't have drive, they want to be disruptive..

As a student, what curriculum would you want to see?
edit on 17-6-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

books that don't suck. math that is challenging. science that requires experiments to be done rather than an ap test that can be passed by reading a 100 page manual. foreign language taught earlier, kinda like the international schools in europe 2 of my friends attend, or some of the prep schools seem to have it a lot better.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The options avaliable to you may be small, but there are resources on-line and at the library that you can do on your own.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join