It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Anusburger, Hello Fecesburger!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

wonkette.com

Unsatisfied with a diet of subsidized-corn subsidized-oil subsidized industrial cattle farm e.coli anusburgers? Japan’s wacky scientists have a treat for you!

It’s being called the “poop burger”. Japanese scientists have found a way to create artificial meat from sewage containing human feces.

Mitsuyuki Ikeda, a researcher from the Okayama Laboratory, has developed steaks based on proteins from human excrement. Tokyo Sewage approached the scientist because of an overabundance of sewage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
practicalrider.blogspot.com
japanisweird.com

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't think this would go over in any other society but Japan. The Japanese propensity to revel in the dark side would probably end up making this a favorite on the menu.

And there is also a theory laid out on this blog that makes a lot of sense- the post titled:

"How Could They EAT That?! After seeing multiple examples over the past couple of months of people in other lands eating (to me) truly gruesome, disgusting or downright nauseating 'traditional foods', I have developed a theory..." Link to this theory at the blogspot link above.

There is also a site called japanisweird that is full of strange, strange images from Japan of the 'new' Japanese culture. WARNING: Semi NSFW. Link is also above.

But the main question here is - would YOU eat it?

wonkette.com
edit on 17-6-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9

wonkette.com

Unsatisfied with a diet of subsidized-corn subsidized-oil subsidized industrial cattle farm e.coli anusburgers? Japan’s wacky scientists have a treat for you!

It’s being called the “poop burger”. Japanese scientists have found a way to create artificial meat from sewage containing human feces.

Mitsuyuki Ikeda, a researcher from the Okayama Laboratory, has developed steaks based on proteins from human excrement. Tokyo Sewage approached the scientist because of an overabundance of sewage.

It's already been covered in THIS thread.

edit on 17-6-2011 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Finally I have something to wash down my Chinese imported plastic rice.

Great news. Hopefully this will aid those poor hungry people who aren't allowed to be fed by their fellow man in Florida.

Mmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmm- GOOD.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I would consider this food substance a staple for all elected officials. Let them eat it; we've been fed enough BS already.

I can't imagine where, in the name of Soylent, this is heading.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02408a453b7d.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

the younger crowd probably wont get the soylent green reference.

to the op:

Are the serious???????? what the hell?

crap burgers? i am sure they can wash it down with a nice tall glass of wine made from pee.

the world has gone stupid and its getting more stupid by the day.
edit on 17-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Soylent green is people!

I guess this means burgers are poo now too. Good I'm so sick of eating the rat poo patties from McD's and the sand meat from Taco Bell. Human poo patties is obviously way better!

Originally posted by neo96

the world has gone stupid and its getting more stupid by the day.

Oh Neo how I love thee!
edit on 17-6-2011 by LexiconRiot because: content.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Oh yes soylent green, watch very carefully what you eat. lol I know about that one.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

package it and sell it on ebay as survival meal.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I would consider this food substance a staple for all elected officials. Let them eat it; we've been fed enough BS already.

I can't imagine where, in the name of Soylent, this is heading.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02408a453b7d.png[/atsimg]

Lol thats also the first thing I thought of. Look its the new soylent BROWN!!! Brown is the new Green kids, eat up. Considering all the other weird frankenfood and additives being marketed I'm surprised this hasn't been though of sooner. With all the starving people in the world I'm sure there will be a market for this somewhere.
edit on 17-6-2011 by wiandiii because: for spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What else can I say?

-------------------------------

On Topic. Please forgive all the levity. On serious note, we do have to consider every way possible to reduce our impact on the environment; finding new protein sources is certainly one of those things that we 'should' be doing.

Of course, the sewage part's a bit hard to swallow.... (sorry, feeling impish tonight.)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

mmm sounds delisious..I guess eating dog is out of the question

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

you gotta draw the line somewhere and i draw that line at recycling poop.

going green doesnt mean crapping green.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This is it guys - this is what the green movement is all about.

I used to joke that they wouldn't be happy until they having us eating our own crap and running our houses with captured farts..... used to joke.

new topics

top topics

join