It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hello everybody, this is my first post here, but I have been reading the board for a few weeks. I would like to tell you story involving a good friend of mine who is sitting here, Im just a typing for him.

This happened in 1999, in Ottawa, ONT Canada. My friend alway takes late night drives, ususaly in the rural areas surrounding Ottawa, its just something he likes to do. On one of these nights he was coming up to a turn, his view was blocked by tress so he could not see what was around the corner.Once he did turn the corner he saw, what appeared to be a UFO. It was hovering about 30 to 40 feet above a farm house. Lights from the UFO were projected onto the house, but as soon as he saw this a light from the "UFO" aimed directly at his car. The next thing he rembers is being stopped in the middle of the road, the UFo was gone by then. He does not remeber stoping the car, at the same time he says he never lost a great amount of time, at the most 5 minutes. He is convinced he saw a UFO, also he has always wanted to go back to the house and talk to the people that live there. He has always been a little scared to do this.

I thought I would just share a very interesting (to me anyways) story. I live this board and hope to learn alot here. Thanks

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
strange

once the ufo aimed a light on his car he forgot what happened after this right?

maybe the people that live in that house wouldnt remember a thing and think "wtf is he talking about " if you went to ask them

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
yes once the light was aimed at him he doesn't remeber anything till it was gone, it was a short period of time only though, at the most 5 minutes. He doesn't recall the car stalling or the electrical system failing. Just turning the corner, seeing what he saw, then it was gone, and he was stopped in the middle of the road.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hi welcome to ATS

Interesting story there, do your friend remember any details? of the UFO or the Light color or something else?

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Wow...that is extremely interesting. You should serioiusly persuade your friend to go talk to these people. I would really like to know if anythign happened to them that night. I know I would go talk to them the next day after I saw it if I was sure. But it is a very strange story by having your car stall like that. Did he ever tell you what the UFO looked like? I would like to hear his interpretation of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The lights where white and really bright, the house was lit up like it was day time. He could no see much detail of the UFO. The brightlights aimed at the house did not reflect much light onto the UFO. I will ask him to give me more detail on what he could see of the shape of it, if he could see the shape at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask
Lights from the UFO were projected onto the house, but as soon as he saw this a light from the "UFO" aimed directly at his car. The next thing he rembers is being stopped in the middle of the road, the UFo was gone by then. He does not remeber stoping the car, at the same time he says he never lost a great amount of time, at the most 5 minutes.

Interesting story. I find when the light just shone at his car interesting for the fact, about a week ago in the morning about 4am, I saw an object in the sky pointing its light straight at me. The light moved and I could not see the object anymore. There was no sound and the object seemed very far away. I don't know if it was a sattelite. Does anybody know if sattelites point bright lights down to Earth? It was like the light turned away after I saw it for about 5 seconds. Twice in my life I've seen this light in the sky and it has had the same behaviour both times.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this with us,

What I would like to know is... Has he ever felt anything like this before?

Or has he ever had the feeling that he has been abducted in the past?

Also could he in a round about way talk about this to his mom or dad as I have heard these things happen within family�s (though that could be wrong)

But maybe something interesting will come of that?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
WOW!

Your friend may be one of the few who witnessed an Alien Abduction in process, yet remained on earth, the beam sort of a way to make him forget, keep him from interfering,, ect. Not too many non abductees who witness an alien abduction in progress.

really encourage him to go back and talk to the people. Do it casually and in not such a nutty way, do it out of concern, ect. If nothign else, its not like he knows the people and his rep is at stake, nothing lost really. I say go for it! And keep us updated!

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Thanks for sharing this with us,

What I would like to know is... Has he ever felt anything like this before?

Or has he ever had the feeling that he has been abducted in the past?

Also could he in a round about way talk about this to his mom or dad as I have heard these things happen within family�s (though that could be wrong)

But maybe something interesting will come of that?

No he has never felt anything like this before.
No he has never had the feeling before or since of being abducted.
I am not to sure if he told his parents, and to my knowledge nothing like that in any remote way has happened to any family members of his.

he always did consider going back but felt wierd about it. As of now we do not live in Ottawa anymore, so he could only go back when he goes to Ottawa to visit family.

Another thing is he never heard anything either.

I would like to stress though that he was NOT abducted, the few lost minutes I believe were just shock. Or maybe a "freeze" if you will.

He also doesn't remeber the car stalling, if it did at all. The car was running last he remebers, and was running at the time he first remebers. Also there was no warning as in the electrical system or radio acting funny as he drove closer to where it would happen.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Wask]

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Wask]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
From your description, it sounds like your friend was hit with some sort of EM beam, which caused his disoreintation and caused his car to fail.

I would strongly encourage him to revisit this spot and ask the folks there.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
From your description, it sounds like your friend was hit with some sort of EM beam, which caused his disoreintation and caused his car to fail.

He is going back for Christmas, I will talk to him about it.

I was wondering one thing though. In situations like this you normally hear about a car acting funny before anything is seen. I am interested in knowing why he could get so close but nothing happening before he rounded the corner and was able to see it. I can only guess they were caught by surprise? Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

He is going back for Christmas, I will talk to him about it.

I was wondering one thing though. In situations like this you normally hear about a car acting funny before anything is seen. I am interested in knowing why he could get so close but nothing happening before he rounded the corner and was able to see it. I can only guess they were caught by surprise? Any ideas?

Well since I don't know how large the UFO was, I really can't say how many "aliens" would have been in it. More than likely it was some sort of abduction in process. Your friend's car probably caught them by surprise, and I think they shot that EM beam to try to avoid your friend from witnessing the site.

Now what i would like to know is if the folks in that house were actually abducted, since that more than likely would have been the alien's plan. Nothing would have been released to the public just for the fact of having the public labeling them insane and not believing them. It would be interesting to know, since this is what I believe the "aliens" were trying to do.

Now of course this is if your friend's story is legit, but I believe it is because I have heard of things like this happening in the past.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Chieftian Chaos]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
SH*t how could he pursue these people. They might have no inclination or if the abduction was one of a negative nature these people might be deeply traumatized, they could react badly. This is asuming it was for real.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opus
SH*t how could he pursue these people. They might have no inclination or if the abduction was one of a negative nature these people might be deeply traumatized, they could react badly. This is asuming it was for real.

Might as well just try. Hell, if I saw something like that and I was sure of what I say I'd be knocking on their door the next morning.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Of course, the simplest and probably kindest way to go about this would be to write this family a letter.

Next time he came home, he (or a friend or family could do this in teh meentime) should find the address of this household and get in touch with them this way.

Obviously, he shouldnt sound too excitable or extreme in the letter, something quite anonymous would probably be best. Along the lines of.

Dear Sir/Madam

Though this letter may appear very strange to you, it is something I have been considering writing for quite a while, I hope I cause you no distress in my action.

On the night of blah blah, whilst driving along blah road, adjacent to your house, I happened upon a sight which remains vivid to me to this day. In such and such a direction, I witnessed what I can only discribe as a flying disc/cigar/horseshoe/whore shaped, mettalic object silently floating directly between blah blah and what I have come to find is your house. This "UFO" was shining a light around the very local vicinity and would have been impossible to miss for anyone outside or with access to a facing window.

Although I am very sure of what I have seen, it would mean a lot for me to know that I share my even with someone else and this leads to my sudden contact with yourselves.

I would be incredibly grateful if you could find the time to reply to my mail to let me know if you remember any similar other wordly happening on said night.

Once more I apologise for my intrusion into your day and only hope I havent caused you any fear or ill feeling. If I thought that this object was anything to for either of us to worry about I would never have considered writing this letter, although if taht were the case, I'm sure there would be no need for my letter anyway.

Your mystified friend
Andy Spazchrist

Maybe if he is unsure what he should write, my mock up letter could help him along, of course he will want to put it into his own words and add the important, missing data but overall, I think this would be a fair enough letter to send. He should put himself in their position, or possible to make it easier his grandmas and imagine how she would feel if such a letter arrived, think of words which would make sure your grandma felt calm, maybe try to add a bit of humour, without turning it into a joke. I am sure they woudl appreciate that.

Afterall, they may be thinking, everynight "I wish someone else had seen that amazing specticle that night, if only I knew it wasn't just me!"

I hope this post could be of any help to you but I defo think writing to them is the way to go. I think it would be wrong to cold call on them, if it IS an elderly person it could scare them half to death, never mind the bizzarre story of aliens targeting their house, a cold call from a young stranger can be enough to worry many OAP's.

Good luck with it anyway, mate!

top topics

join