It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF cuts U.S. growth forecast, warns of crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

IMF cuts U.S. growth forecast, warns of crisis

www.reuters.com

The International Monetary Fund cut its forecast for U.S. economic growth on Friday and warned Washington and debt-ridden European countries that they are "playing with fire" unless they take immediate steps to reduce their budget deficits.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I confess to bias. My comments will reflect this. Please forgive me if I slip into hyperbole.

... So, one of the Central Bank cartel master organizations has declared that unless we "do the right thing soon" they will "lose confidence" in the US according to the headline....

Yet that relatively benign global outlook could quickly fall apart if politicians in the United States and Europe do not start showing more leadership in addressing their countries' debt problems, the fund warned.

"You cannot afford to have a world economy where these important decisions are postponed, because you're really playing with fire," said Jose Vinals, director of the IMF's monetary and capital markets department.

The eager concern is repugnant to me. It is their cabal of banking entities that caused and control this issue directly, and by doing the right thing they of course mean for us to engender more debt for the bank owners.

Many will read this an accept the economic priesthood interpretation that it is just so, as they say. But I contend, in my ignorant state, that this is actually a threat. "Raise the debt ceiling or we'll cut you off at the knees... or haven't you learned your place yet?"

Mind you Central Banks world-wide - orchestrated by the International Settlement Bank, the International Monetary Fund, and the World bank have a virtual monopoly on global monetary policy. They control all financial outcomes.... and they never - ever - lose money.

"If you make a list of the countries in the world that have the biggest homework in restoring their public finances to a reasonable situation in terms of debt levels, you find four countries: Greece, Ireland, Japan and the United States," Vinals said.

Greece has edged closer to default as euro zone officials disagree on a planned second aid package for the indebted country. With strikes and protests around the country, political turmoil has added to uncertainty, stoking fears that the government will not be able to tighten its belt enough to reduce crippling deficits.

Fears of contagion in the euro zone have driven global stock markets lower in recent sessions.

Oooh goody, we're a disease now. Their confidence game, their policies, their trade, swap, and gambling rules... but "we" the make-believe wealth-holders are responsible for "tightening our belts." As an old Russian proverb more or less goes "Leaders distribute shortages equally among the people."

Robust economic growth and rising inflation have caused emerging economies to tighten monetary policy with higher interest rates and reserve requirements, even as many developed nations keep policy ultra-loose to try to boost anemic growth.

The IMF warned that many emerging markets still need more tightening. In China, for example, the high inflation rate means negative real interest rates.

Some emerging markets have been reluctant to tighten too far, fearful of derailing growth or attracting speculative investment flows that could push their currencies ever higher.

And yet in every case it is the central bank that unilaterally dictates both interest rates AND monetary policy. But the Banks are routinely identified as being 'part' of the country somehow.....

it's infuriating to me.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-6-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
crisis crisis crisis..everyone is running around like a headless chicken, is it me or do i smell new laws coming to hit the public sector in the U.S. under the flag of " see whats happening in Greece, we need to act now..! ".

Greece seems to be the xmas gift to all country's no matter what the public says all they need to do is point to Greece and then allow the various beurocrats to handle the flak talk from the public....such a convenient situation...no ?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I know there has been a thread about this series, but if you haven't seen this I urge you to watch it in its entirety.

It's called Machines of Loving Grace, this episode gives you a really good perspective on how the IMF, and the banks, and the politicians have messed up capitalism.

This was shown on the BBC, and for what its worth, I actually think they are trying to wake us up of late, as along with this series, BBC3 the other night showed V For Vendetta, and on the same day (I think) Anonymous announced phase one of their master plan.

Of course I could be entirely wrong, as it would be far to bold a move realisticaly speaking.

Enjoy

edit on 17-6-2011 by solargeddon because: Typos

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You know I often wonder what would happen if say all the Banker Barons where rounded up and arrested and jailed what might happen to the world economy after say a year. Do you guys think it would continue as status quo or would it change things for the better?
edit on 6/17/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
In the long run, it doesn't matter if they raise the debt ceiling. You can't spend your way out of this. It's just going to make it harder on us, the middle class. Sometimes you have to quit bailing and let the boat sink. They are only delaying the outcome not changing it. Sometimes I think they WANT rioting, looting and all the rest. That way they can finally declare martial law and Obama can live his dream of dictator.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Good thread and post Mod. I saw this article announced on Drudge and was just about to post.
I find the IMF are usually quite moderate if not conservative with their warnings on the world economy, but they are starting to sound some alarm bells with a particular focus on the political environment. The IMF comments are part of a growing chorus of alarming warnings on threats facing the world economy, particularly Europe and the US, and potential repercussions of political stalemates and defaults.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
We need to start a revolution. Too bad its never going to happen people are to occupied and busy at work. We've been socialized into neighborhoods and have built a daily routine. I would be part of it but how would people mass up if it started in a city or state they would bring in the military. We need to rise against. I dont want our country to grab us by our balls and make us their bitches, i already feel like it. Were under control and it sucks! # freedom and # the US. Someone buy me a ticket out of here please!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Speaking of the IMF here is an interesting article regarding republicans introducing an Anti-IMF Bailout Amendment to the Economic Development Revitalization Act,

GOP Senators to IMF: Stop $108 Billion Bailout to European Countries

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Goldman Sachs, Greenlight Capital, Soros Fund Management, the Financial Times, WallSt. Journal, Moody's, S&P... they are in the plot of taking Greece down and attacking the Euro. Now Greece wouldn't have been in this situation if they would cleaned up the mess they have made a long time ago, but the truth is that a large number of American companies is conspiring against Greece and the Euro and let me remind you of the fact that this whole crisis originates from the US.

Instead of being angry about the billions being wasted on Greece you should be angry with these companies. They are the true perpetrators while the US government is merely defending them. The vast majority on this site is furious with its government - they must be laughing their heads off on WallSt.

And FYI:

The IMF raised its growth view for the euro area in 2011 to 2.0 percent from 1.6 percent. For 2012, the IMF saw growth at 1.7 percent, little changed from its previous 1.8 percent.

From the same article. Not that the EU is in a good position, but the Greek drama is greatly exaggerated by the Anglo-Saxon media in order to avert attention from their own financial woes, which are bigger and more importantly, of more substantial importance than those of Portugal and Greece.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Sometimes I think they WANT rioting, looting and all the rest. That way they can finally declare martial law and Obama can live his dream of dictator.

Whatever. People said the same thing for Bush when he was in term and enacted the Patriot Act.

NEVER HAPPENED.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The IMF should hush up before it spooks people and causes things to start going south again. Negativity from a major organization like that is not good at the moment; maybe sugar coating it a little to help avoid a worldwide panic would be nice.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

Originally posted by DAVID64
Sometimes I think they WANT rioting, looting and all the rest. That way they can finally declare martial law and Obama can live his dream of dictator.

Whatever. People said the same thing for Bush when he was in term and enacted the Patriot Act.

NEVER HAPPENED.

Funny enough i don't remember anyone camping outside the white house every day. Or is isn't that allowed in the land of freedom and free speech

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Aliens will be here sooon anyway...

top topics

join