It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we the Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have always wondered if we are infact the "from outer space" aliens ourselves. Where we planted on this planet by our own species thousands of years ago maybe to colonize or maybe to save our race from extinction. Somehow we only seem to have become clever over the last 3000-4000 years and even more so over the last 150 years what triggers this change i wonder. We dont have much recorded history on this planet as humans i mean we dont even know for sure where the pyramids came from yet this is supposedly our home. I think we were planted here to grow and mature for a reason and that one day our leaders will come back to take us home having gained the vast amounts of knowledge that we have. Maybe it could be true maybe it could be bull however i dont know.

What do you think.???????????

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sounds like a helluva good background for a new cult, IMO.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Haha wanna be my new 2nd lieutenent in the universal people cult, only joking dude.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Sure, WTH; Why not?

We can start this and try to get ats members to join. I can think up the background story.

lol

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
To quote Carl Sagan, "We are star-stuff." Sagan meant that the same atoms from which we are formed were spewed out by the sun millions and billions of years ago.

But, it is hard to claim that we humans have any material origin other than this earth. We share 99% percent of our DNA with the chimpanzees and we, being mammals, are related to every other species of mammals and this relationship can be traced to the most primitive lifeforms. We are indeed star-stuff, but the earth is our "mother."

For an interesting account of the origins of mankind go here and read from the Urantia Book. This should provide plenty of fuel for your imagination.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
OK then the universal people cult has begun. ill be the cult commander and you can be cult command Major. Lets see how many people we can get on board haha.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yeah but then surely all suns in the universe are made out of the same ingredients and this would make the whole universe made from the one same recipe as it where.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaintWhere we planted on this planet

If we were planted here then was the rest of the life on the planet planted also? IOW, how does your idea deal with the genetic evidence for common descent?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
sorry if this has been pointed out, but wasn't that the idea behind 2001: a space odessey ? as far as the technology "boom", it would be hard for someone to invent a computer before electricity. most of the boom can simply be attributed to towns/houses/universities being wired for electricity, and the sharing of information (radio/TV, internet)

I think a lot of the pyramid stuff is simple arrogance. we assume earlier humans weren't as smart as we are. 1,000 years form now, someone will be wondering how the aliens helped us get to the moon....

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
hey dude i aint sayin the aliens built the pyramids so dont even try and put words in my mouth i simply said that we still dont know where when and why on that subject. I do believe ancient humans or at least a lost civillization probably smarter than us built them but if we have been here for so long then surely we would have some sort of proof of where they came from.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
hey dude i aint sayin the aliens built the pyramids so dont even try and put words in my mouth i simply said that we still dont know where when and why on that subject. I do believe ancient humans or at least a lost civillization probably smarter than us built them but if we have been here for so long then surely we would have some sort of proof of where they came from.

The Egyptian civilisation build them,not some lost civilisation

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well the ancient egyptians are a lost civillization. If they were that clever to build the pyramids with such precision then they should have progressed so much they would have been world leaders in technology but where are they now. They are gone and left us to wonder.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Well the ancient egyptians are a lost civillization. If they were that clever to build the pyramids with such precision then they should have progressed so much they would have been world leaders in technology but where are they now. They are gone and left us to wonder.

the egyptian civilisation lasted about 5000 years.no civilisation is eternal.I don't know it's history but i'm sure you can find the reasons for it's downfall.

and the fact that they built pyramids,doesnt mean they would have access to modern technology

[edit on 9-8-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Actually there are enough genetic variations (much more than the genetists had first thought) between human and our "closest relative" that there is a "slim possiblilty " that at some point in history, our ancestors were entered into the ecosystem here after the ecosystem had been established. What some have speculated is that we (humans) "landed" here and "mixed" our genetic material with the indigenous species.
It has been specultated that the origion of the human species (germ) is from another place ( I will not say if it was from another planet, demension etc.) and we as a race were planted here.
As yet, the scientist have not been able to debunk this line of thought completely.
Here is a link to where it is thought that Modern humans interbred with the lower humans:
Modern and Lower Humans interbreed
The link below shows the debate on the origions of modern man Gentics and the Origions of the Modern Man
Edited for misspellings

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Kenshiro]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
At last someone who knows what im going on about.

And about the egyptian technology thing i didnt say they had modern technology i said that if they were clever enough to build the pmids with such precision then surely they would have evolved to been probably world leaders in modern technology.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Nice words Kenshiro i like your understanding

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here is a news article that claims that the alines may have left the message in our DNA which is very close to what I posted yesterday in explaining that there was enough genetic deviation from our "closest terrestrial" relative.
Thought you might find it interesting reading.
News Article on the possible Gene Message

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

At last someone who knows what im going on about.

And about the egyptian technology thing i didnt say they had modern technology i said that if they were clever enough to build the pmids with such precision then surely they would have evolved to been probably world leaders in modern technology.

not necessarily ...

they built them,it's a fact,no aliens are involved,just because we don't know exactly how it was done,that it's aliens that made them!

what about the pyramids made by american natives,are they alien made too?
[edit on 10-8-2004 by DarkSide]

[edit on 10-8-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenshiro
Athere are enough genetic variations (much more than the genetists had first thought) between human and our "closest relative" that there is a "slim possiblilty " that at some point in history, our ancestors were entered into the ecosystem here after the ecosystem had been established.

If we were introduced from a different planet then why would there be any similarity at all? Also, what do all the human ancestor fossils mean if we were dropped off here ashomo sapiens? Are you saying that at the same time that we were dropped off that an extremely similar, to the point of being nearly identical, organism had come into existence?

(humans) "landed" here and "mixed" our genetic material with the indigenous species.

How are aliens from another planet going to be able to interbreed with apes on this one? The genetics would have be so incredibly different.

It has been specultated that the origion of the human species (germ) is from another place ( I will not say if it was from another planet, demension etc.) and we as a race were planted here.
As yet, the scientist have not been able to debunk this line of thought completely.

Well, there doesn't look to be much for them to debunk. I mean, what does this idea involve? What kind of evidence could refute it?

Modern and Lower Humans interbreed

This is about homo sapiens possibly interbreeding with homo erectus and homo neanderthal. This is extraordinarily different than having an organism that evolved on another planet interbreeding with organisms from this planet. An alien would have just as much success interbreeding with a human as they would with a jellyfish or fern. Conversely, a human would have a better chance of interbreed with a sea slug than an alien with any earth organism. The authors of the study also indicate that humans emerged out of africa, not that they had extraplanetary dna.

That and the other site were interesting, but there was nothing there supporting the idea that aliens from another planet interfered with human dna or interbreed with earth species and produced humans. If anything it all indicates that humans are thuroughly terrestrial.

I'm not saying that the idea is immpossible, but its practically miraculous, and really, in a sense, it can't be refuted. Any problems that anyone has with it can be removed by saying, 'the aliens figured out a way around that issue'.

thesaint:
i said that if they were clever enough to build the pmids with such precision then surely they would have evolved to been probably world leaders in modern technology.

The ability to make pyramids wouldn't have been very effective at preventing the persians, and then alexander, and then the romans, and then the arabs, and then the turks, and then the brits, etc etc, from conqouering their country. Even before the persians the hyksos had been able to over run the country. Why should being able to build pyramids have given them some sort of advantage. And if being able to build pyramids is supposed to confer this ability to be global masters on some civilization, (and the egyptians didn't build them) then why aren't the actual builders a long lived and great civilization?

kenshiro:
Here is a news article that claims that the alines may have left the message in our DNA which is very close to what I posted yesterday

you weren't saying anything like this. You were saying that the difference between chimps and humans in terms of dna leaves enough wiggle room for the human genome to have been created by aliens and not simply have evolved from the chimp genome. Also, the person in this article is merely speculating, they don't have any evidence to support this idea either.

"A computer could be used to find obvious attention-grabbing patterns within these stretches of DNA, he said. If a sequence of junk units of DNA were displayed as an array of pixels on a screen and produced a simple image "the presumption of tampering would be inescapable"."

Ok. If they did this and it was a pic of grey with the words 'we created you, you finally figured it out!!! Welcome to the intergalatic council' I'd say good job.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join