It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS & USA Presidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
US Presidents have also been seeing ufos for years

english.pravda.ru...

Many U.S. presidents during their terms were seriously interested in UFOs and extraterrestrial intelligence issues, and some of them even had a chance to make contact with aliens. We turn to the recently declassified archives of ufology. Let's start with 1948, when President Harry S. Truman summoned his Assistant Robert Landry to the Oval Office.

Truman gave him the order to make reports every three months on the flying saucers observed over the country. Once, Truman asked to investigate the case of the appearance of mysterious object over Washington that he observed through his window.

CIA agent Gerald Haines said that in July of 1952 the presidential administration was seriously disturbed by a "massive wave of UFO sightings over the United States." There was even an order to shoot down unidentified flying objects.

Most of all "UFO" rumor refer to Dwight Eisenhower. There is documentary evidence that in 1952 something extraordinary happened with Eisenhower. Here is the story of a naval officer who at that time served on the aircraft carrier "Franklin Roosevelt":

"We were to the north-east of England with a fleet of NATO. Around 1:30 am to the right side of us a large blue-white UFO appeared. It came down and hovered 30 meters above the water. The UFO then rose and flew off to the left. General Eisenhower, who arrived by helicopter with the admiral of the fleet, stepped out on the bridge at that very moment. We watched the UFO for about ten minutes."

Of course, we can assume that this is just another UFO tale. However, the events of January of 1972 made a great deal of noise.

On January 12th Oklahoma resident Sherry Eckhardt was on the phone with her mother. Suddenly, something cracked in the receiver and there was an unfamiliar voice: "We issued an alarm ... We are getting objects with a radar that appear on the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico ... Fighters are on the way ... An object has fallen into the Pacific Ocean, the fighters are shot down."

Astonished, Sherry gave her husband a sign to pick up the phone in another room. They heard: "Call the president on the phone!"

Then they heard a voice similar to that of Richard Nixon.

Of course, the couple told everything to the reporters. A scandal erupted. The White House and Air Force service made a televised rebuttal: there were no UFOs, nobody was knocked down. However, officers of the local telephone exchange have publicly stated that theoretically Eckhart could be mistakenly connected to the line of government communications.

But the most striking, absolutely reliable evidence of contact with the UFO was left by President Carter. It happened on January 6, 1969. Carter saw a large glowing object in the sky that was changing colors. "It was the most devilish of all the stuff I've ever seen," the former president said.

During his presidential campaign, Carter promised to declassify all information about UFO sightings in the U.S. He kept his word, and a number of documents became available to the public, including ufologists.

Ronald Reagan was another president who observed UFOs even back when he was still a governor. It happened when the president was on a plane. This is what Reagan later told the reporter Norman Miller:
"We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light. We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens."

Once private screening of Steven Spielberg's "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" was arranged for Reagan attended by the famous director. Following the screening the President leaned over, clapped Spielberg on the shoulder, and quietly commented, "You know, there aren't six people in this room who know how true this really is."

Article by Margarita Troitsyna
Yoki

What did Reagan say

Once private screening of Steven Spielberg's "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" was arranged for Reagan attended by the famous director. Following the screening the President leaned over, clapped Spielberg on the shoulder, and quietly commented, "You know, there aren't six people in this room who know how true this really is."

If that isn't a confession, no inquisition could come up with anything better.
edit on 17-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is a very interesting thread, I have always wondered about the Presidents opinions and experiences of UFO's, and this is great s+f

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

As far as the Reagan and Spielberg thing, it was a thread here recently, that Spielberg said everyone in room laughed, and that what he said was ment as a joke.

Here is what Spielberg said,

"He just stood up and he looked around the room, almost like he was doing a headcount, and he said, 'I wanted to thank you for bringing E.T. to the White House. We really enjoyed your movie,' and then he looked around the room and said, And there are a number of people in this room who know that everything on that screen is absolutely true,'" Spielberg remembered. "And he said it without smiling! But he said that and everybody laughed, by the way. The whole room laughed because he presented it like a joke.....

Source

Although all the other stuff is good. Thanks for the thread!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Stalin sure has had UFO encounters ive' read. And it was a - must chase to the end - since an object flying freely in the air space of the mighty USSR during the Cold War, that was really a blasphemy.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Of course they were laughing. It was nervous laughter - because he was most likely serious.;

But hey. Great thread. Makes me wish a documentary about Presidents and UFOs would arise.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Not just Presidents but prominent Senators as well:

Barry Goldwater:

Goldwater was one of the more prominent American politicians to openly show an interest in UFOs. On March 28, 1975, Goldwater wrote to Shlomo Arnon: "The subject of UFOs has interested me for some long time. About ten or twelve years ago I made an effort to find out what was in the building at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base where the information has been stored that has been collected by the Air Force, and I was understandably denied this request. It is still classified above Top Secret."[70] Goldwater further wrote that there were rumors the evidence would be released, and that he was "just as anxious to see this material as you are, and I hope we will not have to wait much longer."[70] The April 25, 1988 issue of The New Yorker carried an interview where Goldwater said he repeatedly asked his friend, Gen. Curtis LeMay, if there was any truth to the rumors that UFO evidence was stored in a secret room at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, and if he (Goldwater) might have access to the room. According to Goldwater, an angry LeMay gave him "holy hell" and said, "Not only can't you get into it but don't you ever mention it to me again."[71] In a 1988 interview on Larry King's radio show, Goldwater was asked if he thought the U.S. Government was withholding UFO evidence; he replied "Yes, I do." He added: I certainly believe in aliens in space. They may not look like us, but I have very strong feelings that they have advanced beyond our mental capabilities....I think some highly secret government UFO investigations are going on that we don't know about – and probably never will unless the Air Force discloses them.[72]

Source

Senator Richard Russell

One of the most powerful U.S. senators in modern history actually eye-witnessed two UFO’s while on a fact-finding trip through Russia in 1955, and the U.S. government kept the sightings a secret for more than three decades. The incredible encounter is detailed in 12 TOP SECRET CIA, FBI, and Air Force reports, and declassified in 1985. Those startling reports reveal that Senator Richard B. Russell, Jr. (D-GA), then chairman of the Armed Services Committee, was on a Soviet train when he spotted a disc-shaped craft taking off near the tracks. He hurriedly called his military aide and interpreter to the window and they saw the UFO, plus another one that appeared a minute later. The astonished trio reported the sightings to the U.S. Air Force as soon as they were out of Russia.

Source

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thanks for posting on this subject! In these days of 'disclosure', it's easy to forget the (circumstantial) evidence that abounds for every president since the beginning of the 20th century. Whether they were 'in-the-know' or not is almost irrelevant; they certainly wanted to be! Didn't Bush Sr. ( as head of the CIA ) deny access to UFO-related documents to one of our presidents?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

Didn't Bush Sr. ( as head of the CIA ) deny access to UFO-related documents to one of our presidents?

Probably, here's what another CIA director said:

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is. I can tell you, behind the scenes, high ranking military officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs" --Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter (Former director of the Central Intelligence Agency)

Source

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

As far as the Reagan and Spielberg thing, it was a thread here recently, that Spielberg said everyone in room laughed, and that what he said was ment as a joke.

Here is what Spielberg said,

"He just stood up and he looked around the room, almost like he was doing a headcount, and he said, 'I wanted to thank you for bringing E.T. to the White House. We really enjoyed your movie,' and then he looked around the room and said, And there are a number of people in this room who know that everything on that screen is absolutely true,'" Spielberg remembered. "And he said it without smiling! But he said that and everybody laughed, by the way. The whole room laughed because he presented it like a joke.....

Source

The article goes on to say he thinks f it was a joke, but just think isn't conclusive.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

"He just stood up and he looked around the room, almost like he was doing a headcount, and he said, 'I wanted to thank you for bringing E.T. to the White House. We really enjoyed your movie,' and then he looked around the room and said, And there are a number of people in this room who know that everything on that screen is absolutely true,'" Spielberg remembered. "And he said it without smiling! But he said that and everybody laughed, by the way. The whole room laughed because he presented it like a joke, but he wasn't smiling as he said it."

So, did he really believe that the story of the friendly little Reese's Pieces loving alien and his young friend actually happened?

Maybe, maybe not. But Spielberg thinks it was probably a joke from the actor president. Not that he isn't hoping otherwise.

"I think he delivered a joke without smiling, without a little bit of a twinkle behind the joke," Spielberg said. "I think the joke landed because everybody laughed, but because I'm a little bit of a Ufologist I was hoping that there was something more to the joke than met my eye. I'm sorry to say I think he was simply trying to tell a joke."

Spielberg says he thinks it was a joke, but Reagan said it without smiling.

But we weren't there & Reagan is dead so no will ever trully know now.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I wonder when Richard Russell reported the discs, if he were told they were some Russian cold war era military craft.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
When we are discussing UFO-related quotes lets make sure we use real and legitimate sources. We don't want to find some "amazing" quotes that come from less than reputable UFO websites. Lets make sure the quotes come from real and proper sources.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
When we are discussing UFO-related quotes lets make sure we use real and legitimate sources. We don't want to find some "amazing" quotes that come from less than reputable UFO websites. Lets make sure the quotes come from real and proper sources.

Agreed, some of the better quotes can be found in old footage as well. Lets see what we can dig up.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Truman (proof that he was briefed on discs)

Reagan (considered a fantasy by many, but maybe an underlying message here)

Eisenhower (not exactly UFO related but a warning about the establishment)

Also, Bill Clinton signed some Area 51 exemption laws as well as making it illegal for Americans to come into contact with EBEs. I am still looking for the law but I have read it with my own eyes in the past.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Not the info I heard about Clinton. Clinton reportedly made inquiries about UFO's but didn't get anywhere. He also assured a little boy that as soon as he knew what was at area 51 so would the little boy. Gerald Ford is another good one to look into, may try later but running out the door now

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Carter UFO sighting.

President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov alien contact disclosure.

edit on 17-6-2011 by BIGPoJo because: spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

OK The only real talk about UFO's was the Truman vid.

At least there he openly discussed the subject.

The rest, well I dunno....
Ike was talking about the MIC and Reagan was talking about he called "His Fantasy" which is well documented. Still I'm sure the Presidents are briefed on the subject when something "Interesting" occurs.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Former Canadian Minister of Defense

Scientific evidence points to possible life on Titan, Saturn's moon. This will be the first step, the disclosure of microbial life on other planetary bodies.

EDIT - More Titan info

edit on 17-6-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Not the info I heard about Clinton. Clinton reportedly made inquiries about UFO's but didn't get anywhere. He also assured a little boy that as soon as he knew what was at area 51 so would the little boy. Gerald Ford is another good one to look into, may try later but running out the door now

Clinton discussing what you posted about.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
In regards to the legality of coming in contact with EBEs.

Interesting ATS thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here's something from then Congressman Ford, dissatisified with the findings of the USAF.

Dexter, the town involved in the sighting declared to be "swamp gas" by Hynek, happened to be in Gerald Ford’s district. Like any good Congressman Ford came to the defense of his constituents.

"In the firm belief that the American public deserves a better explanation than that thus far given by the Air Force, I strongly recommend that there be a committee investigation of the UFO phenomena. I think we owe it to the people to establish credibility regarding UFOs and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment of the subject."

"I have taken special interest in these (UFO) accounts because many of the latest reported sightings have been made in my home state of Michigan...Because I think there may be substance to some of these reports and because I believe The American people are entitled to a more thorough explanation than has been given them by the Air force to date, I am proposing either the Science and Astronautics Committee or the Armed services Committee of the House, schedule hearings on the subject of UFOs and invite testimony from both the executive branch of the Government and some of the persons who claim to have seen UFOs...In the firm belief that the American public deserves a better explanation than that thus far given by the Air Force, I strongly recommend that there be a committee investigation of the UFO phenomena. I think we owe it to the people to establish credibility regarding UFOs and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment on this subject."

Source
edit on 17-6-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join