It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoD Describes Internet Gagging Strategy~ They giveth and then they taketh away...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Some information that ought to be of interest to some of you.
Of course there will be the "yur only fear mongering" types, but they will be in the same boat when the net is gone.

People always have to be on one side or the other, well in this case I dont really give a crap what side any one is one. In the end, we are all up a creek with no paddle. So who gives a ...

17 June 2011. Head of NSA and Cybercom, Keith Alexander, attended Bilderberg 2011 to advance this throttling intiative. As Charlie Skelton wrote in the Guardian yesterday:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Speaking of personality disorders – when Peter Mandelson, who pushed through the digital economy bill, sits down with Keith Alexander – the director of the NSA and head of United States Cyber Command to discuss "Social Networks: Connectivity and Security Issues" you can be pretty sure they aren't hammering out how best to preserve the freedom of the internet.

That says it all, I think.

Of course digging into the issue and finding out the facts is only going to clarify the subject.

Protecting critical infrastructure not only is essential to the functioning of daily life, Lynn said, but also is crucial to national security. He noted that in the United States, as in Europe, military bases and installations are part of -- and not separate from -- the civilian infrastructure that supports towns and cities.

“Ninety-nine percent of the electricity the U.S. military uses comes from civilian sources,” he said. “Ninety percent of U.S. military voice and Internet communications travel over the same private networks that service homes and offices. We also rely on the nation’s transportation system to move military freight, we rely on commercial refineries to provide fuel, and we rely on the financial industry to pay our bills.”

Disruptions to any one of these sectors would significantly affect defense operations, and a cyber attack against more than one could be devastating, Lynn said.
DoD IGS

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

They can never take away the freedom of the internet, I've made this point numerous amounts of times. People with the knowledge could, technically, create their own form of an internet...

I also disagree with the statement that all the military traffic travels over the common Internet, it doesn't!
edit on 17/6/11 by Death_Kron because: spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I hear you on this issue.

There are ways of creating ones own internet, it is being done for the resistance with the suitcase internet systems, and cell networks.

Of course the military isn't using the same exact channels and frequencies as the civilian world. But the system is the same, only different spectrum's. As is shown in the below link;

Demilitarizing the choke point

Would like to add, that is not the point.
When the government shuts down and off all service providers power, the net as we know it will be dead.
The people are going to have mass internet withdrawal, whether or not adhoc networks are created wont matter, the world wide web, was given to us by the military via darpa, and they can shut it down.

If no providers are broadcasting, you stuck with limited range adhoc.

Not to mention the only way we could set up our own network, would be to do what the communications giants have done already. And that is too much money to recreate. The options of course are only limited to ones imagination station.

edit on 17-6-2011 by ADVISOR because: to add above reply

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Surely SIPRNet, isn't hosted over the public internet backbone?

I don't trust the government with their crap about the public Internet this and that, if the worst came to the worst I'm sure a bunch of CCIE's could quite easily collaborate and throw together some form of communications network; maybe not as wide as the Internet but your never going to take communication away from a telecommunications engineer - we would always find a way.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

You are correct. The SIPRnet, among the other classified networks are not in any way connected to the mainstream internet.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
do you think they can charge us for each internet website like tv channels?
edit on 17-6-2011 by HisMajesty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i think they have finally lost it they actually think the military is more important than civilians!! if they have a problem with us they can make their own "like they did last time lol"

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Death_Kron

Would you like to reword your comment now, or later?

🍻

new topics

top topics

join