It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming about Chemistry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hello fellow members of ATS!

For the past few days a dream that I had on Tuesday night has been bugging me and I'm trying to figure out what it could mean. In my dream I am in some room that looks similar to one of the science labs in my high school (I'm in college now) and it turned out I was in a chemistry class. Now, in my dream I knew that I was not suppose to be there because i'm in college and I already completed my science credits. In this room, the lights were a bit dim and it gave the room a dark yellowish glow and there were only a few people in this room.

A teacher was nowhere to be found and the people who were in the room are actual people that I know. One girl was from my High School and the other people are from my college. I'm sitting in the back of the room and I look down at the table and I see a sheet of paper with a bunch of formulas. I look up and I see this girl come in and she sits next to me. Now, this is one of the people that I mentioned who I know from my college. I said Hi to her in the dream and I asked what she was doing here because I knew that she already graduated from my college. She responded with "There were no other science classes open and I need to complete my science credits so I picked this Chemistry class".

I look at her and I'm starting to get confused because I know for a fact that she's done with all of her classes but I refrain from saying anything to her. I look back at the sheet of paper with the formulas and not only am I trying to figure out what to do with the sheet but I'm also trying to figure out why am I in a Chemistry class? The girl who I mentioned that I knew from my High School then came up to me and asked me to sign this birthday card that she made for one of our friends. She gave me a purple marker and no matter how hard I tried, I simply couldn't sign the card. I was as if an invisible force was pushing against my hand as I tried to sign the card.

I gave up and then as if by natural instinct I left the class because I knew that I was going to be late for another class. I ended up going to this HUGE library where I ended up trying to figure out where to go from there.

I then woke up.

I can't remember how the formulas that were on the paper looked.

I specifically remember seeing the letter X.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MWStargazer

First question would be; are you involved in Chemistry in any shape or form?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

No, not at all. In fact, I'm an English major

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Fair enough, second question would be do you know anyone in any shape or form connected to Chemistry?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I do know one person but I haven't seen them in a few years. Plus, we were never close friends. I just know that they're majoring in Chemistry at the University their attending.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Does seem a bit odd, as people usually dream about things they experience or are connected with (in some manner), not sure really. I'm not the best on dreams and the like, plenty of more people here who should be able to provide an answer of some sort, but in all seriousness I wouldn't worry about it.

Dreams are strange, when you start acting them out; you have a problem

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Do you remember what sorts of feelings you had in the dream, or upon waking? It sounds like a kind of anxiety dream, where you are trying to figure out where you're coming from and where you're going. It starts in a high school chemistry class, but you don't know why you're there. A girl wants you to sign a card, but you can't. Did you have a sense of incompetency in doing anything? I don't mean to say you are actually anxious or incompetent, but those are typical modes of dreaming.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Dreams are truly strange. Well, thanks for your input

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

I simply felt confused and I kept wondering why I was in that class because I knew I didn't belong there.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

what are your feelings for the two girls you mentioned? DId you like chemistry in high school?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Read the I missed the exam again! thread posted in this forum a few days ago.

Do you sense that it was this type of dream?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

I'm not close friends with the girls and I haven't seen the one from my High School in a year or two.

new topics

top topics

join