It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is DHS Protecting other countries infrastructure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'll start this one with the documents released by the hacking group Lulzsec. Lulzsec hacked Infragard Atlanta which is a program ran under Department of Homeland Security. When I see Homeland I think of the United States but maybe im wrong. But I never thought of Homeland Securiity as China and even Libya. Heres the document that was leaked by Lulzsec.

www.unveillance.com...

I had a thread about that leak already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In that thread I felt as though Homeland Security was targeting Libya not protecting them since we are basicly at war with them. The US was simply using all tools available to tm to fight a war. But then yesterday this article pops up.

www.reuters.com...

So now it seems we are protecting Chinas infrastructure. But my big question is when did Homeland Security start protecting the world? And why are we as tax payers paying for this. Why are they not protecting the US and all the hacking going on here instead of other countries? Is Infragaurd being used again to protect a foreign country?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here is a quote from the China article. And it seems to me that this would be something a country would want to keep secret and use in case of war not run and offer to fix it for them.

www.reuters.com...

NEW YORK, June 16 (Reuters) - Software widely used in China to help run weapons systems, utilities and chemical plants has bugs that hackers could exploit to damage public infrastructure, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The department issued an advisory on Thursday warning of vulnerabilities in software applications from Beijing-based Sunway ForceControl Technology Co that hackers could exploit to launch attacks on critical infrastructure.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The best part is when America falls no one is going to come to our aid

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

And I don't see anybody lining up to fix things in the US for us at there expense. But we seem to be even helping our enemies at our own expense. Just does not make sense to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Sooo true

Why

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Seems to me that the infrastructure of other contries in tact would be a bigger advantage to us once we took over the world...muahahahaha! oops did I let the cat out of the bag?!?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Maybe because the bugs they are going to fix are easily exploitable by many but the ones they didn't even bring up are only exploitable by the US.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by mb2591

And I don't see anybody lining up to fix things in the US for us at there expense. But we seem to be even helping our enemies at our own expense. Just does not make sense to me.

Maybe it's because you believe that the US actually helps other countries without getting something in return.

Lining up to fix things in the US? How is anyone going to work on the problems in the US if the government won't let them.

Activist Arrested For Feeding Homeless At Lake Eola

On the one hand you would have the Government not letting international aid orgs help out and on the other you would have US patriots yelling about the the violation to the nations sovereignty.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

In my opinion, I think DHS is doing this because they don't know how to secure our physical borders to the North and to the South of this country, so it would be easier for them to focus their energy and resources on the electronic borders of another country to make it easier for them to gain access.... er I mean to help secure the other countries infrastructure.

top topics

join