It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi To NATO: "You Will Be Defeated"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Anyone who thinks Gaddafi (hows he spell it this week?) has 'millions' behind him need to wake the eff up and do some real research. This guy is in the throes of delusion. He is clinging to his fallen empire out of derangement. IF he had ANY sense he would have exited gracefully a few months ago and retired on a beach somewhere a happy, wealthy man.

Anyone who thinks they 'support' gaddaffi might want to carefully consider their ideology. Being skeptical of the stated goals of the 'libyan action' is one thing, but reactively supporting NATO's opposition is not a side one can defend well.
edit on 17-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

Um........ Newsbreak: The man's been in power for 42 years.. You don't come out and say this after 3 months of bombings and not have a plan. I'm no Gaddafi supporter but I'm just sayin', this guy was never about to just back down..

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Anyone who thinks Gaddafi (hows he spell it this week?) has 'millions' behind him need to wake the eff up and do some real research. This guy is in the throes of delusion. He is clinging to his fallen empire out of derangement. IF he had ANY sense he would have exited gracefully a few months ago and retired on a beach somewhere a happy, wealthy man.

Anyone who thinks they 'support' gaddaffi might want to carefully consider their ideology. Being skeptical of the stated goals of the 'libyan action' is one thing, but reactively supporting NATO's opposition is not a side one can defend well.
edit on 17-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

Um........ Newsbreak: The man's been in power for 42 years.. You don't come out and say this after 3 months of bombings and not have a plan. I'm no Gaddafi supporter but I'm just sayin', this guy was never about to just back down..

But that's just the point: I am well aware of how long he has been in power and who has kept him there (The West). Hi time for being useful to the West has come to an end. He EASILY could have stepped down and retired in wealthy obscurity on a tropical beach somewhere. The fact he chooses to 'fight to the death' against overwhelming odds is a sign of his seriously advanced stages of delusion.

I'm not talking about 3 months of bombing with no plan. I'm talking about when he was told/asked/ to step down by the west BEFORE THIS ALL HAPPENED. He chose to 'fight it out' even though he knows he cant win. That's the definition of delusion.

People on ATS need to think outside the box a bit more. You are being played like a fiddle if you think Gadaffi is a good guy just because you dislike this NATO action.

Sometimes, all sides are wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The problem is not with the military, British, French or US. They did what they were ordered to do within the framework of how they were ordered to do it. The problem is with the politicians and their expectations. They thought that if they declared a no fly zone, took out Libya’s air-defenses, and bombed a few troop concentrations Gaddafi would fold and run for cover. They did not take into account the historical FACT that airpower by itself could not resolve the problem. And American airpower would no more have been able to accomplish what the politicians wanted to accomplish than British/French airpower. Without some plan in place to establish a credible ground threat to Gaddafi’s regime any airpower alone solution was (is) bound to fail.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Why don't we just drop a bomb on his royal palace and end it?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

NATO already looks like an empty suit in this war! How the hell did the Euro=pee=ons allow themselves to get sucked into a war started illegally by the OBummer who then turn tail and left them pretty much holding the ball? Is this another of the Muslim's (OBummer) plan to bankrupt the Western world including America!!!???!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Apart from the fact NATO combined makes up more tha 75% of global defence spending, has the highest standards of equipment and training and is generally regarded as the most powerful Alliance on the planet..

And not so sure your right about "little Army's".. Go look 'em up...

It doesn't matter even if NATO is made up of "little armies". Together, they make a big one.

And they need a big army because numbers always beats technology.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join