It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloody ads!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I wasn't going to post a rant about this until a few seconds ago...

These ads on this site drive me frickin nuts!! Every day i log onto the forum and i get things like...

YOU HAVE 3 MESSAGES WAITING FOR YOU... an add that looks like it came from a windows 98 program.

Does anyone actually click these bloody ads? 3 messages from an unknown site, from unknown people i probably don't want to talk to in the first place...

Then there was that movie ad, which basically took over the entire screen every time you log on... that was just insanity... and apparently the movie wasn't that good.

I know they're making money from these ads but they are seriously annoying...

The final straw came a few minutes ago... which prompted me to post this rant

Kotex seems to believe you should add some color to your menstral protection products... because there isn't enough "color" to begin with of course... why not add a Zebra design or some pokadots to the mix... because that is just something you want to sport in public... Why not add a little flare to "that time of the month"

Rather disturbing...

ya....so i just needed to get that off my chest.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
lol kotex.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have a problem with certain banner ads, when I try to click anything on the upper toolbar the toolbar will jump around and I have to anticipate where the button I want to click will end up. I've gotten quite good at it...but it is annoying.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well considering it's in the Rant forum, and is about advertising, I've got a rant of my own...

I went to the theater the other day to watch X-Men First Class and it was the last showing on the Saturday of the first weekend it was released, so we had to go a little early. I sat in the theater waiting for 45 minutes as they pumped the audience full of ads and celebrity gossip. 45 minutes of ads for a 2 hour movie! That is like watching a movie on TV. But I'm paying extra money to supposedly watch it without ads. And I was the only one in the theater upset by it. Everyone else was laughing at the same stupid commercials that they played on TV for the last few weeks. Why?

I mean, no one likes ads, everyone talks garbage about them. But yet we continue to allow the advertisement agencies to post big massive digital billboards along our highways (soo distracting!), along the sides of our buses... and just the other day I saw some idiot with a backpack that was a back-lit ad! Why are we allowing this plague to continue? I think advertising in the manner that is done these days (on anything and everything... and that it is excepted as the only source of income from sites like these) should be banned.

And on topic... yeah, ATS should be above advertising. We all know that it is a form of brainwashing, and supporting that here on ATS while ATS is spewing forth it's "Deny Ignorance" slogan is slightly hypocritical. But this place doesn't deny ignorance at all, it seems to only perpetuate it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

edit on 17-6-2011 by jerryznv because: could care less....

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeyBones

You should really post your own rant about that bro...

That Kotex ad tweaked me out... Who the hell wants pretty little designs on their pads?

Hey everyone look what i have!!!

Gesus frickin Cryst!!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

The final straw came a few minutes ago... which prompted me to post this rant

Kotex seems to believe you should add some color to your menstral protection products... because there isn't enough "color" to begin with of course... why not add a Zebra design or some pokadots to the mix... because that is just something you want to sport in public... Why not add a little flare to "that time of the month"

Thank you for the laugh of my day, as a woman I know I would not want any of this stuff on my feminine hygene products, why do I want to look at zebra stripes?
That movie ad on the home page that opens up if you even look at it drives me insane too.
I don't mind ones that have sound when I'm on a page, (that's what the mute button is for
). But the ones that take over my screen

Great rant too, I feel your pain down to my soul with ads

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

OK, this gave me a good laugh! Thank you!!

And when hitting reply and being reminded of the title of this rant.... the laughter only got worse....

OiO

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

that has to be the funniest thing I've read all day.

As for the ads, now they're is one stapled to the best section of this website, a giant square that changed every few seconds.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well a few months later the dreaded ads stoop to a new low...

I can't believe i just got a full screen ad today...

Whats next?

Surveys?

:bnghd:

Edit: OMG!! it even has a sound track!!!

2nd Edit: Ahhhhhh!!! KILL IT!!! It doesn't GO AWAY!!!!

Who is the dove man?!?!

edit on 14-11-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join