It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and MTV? Yeah right...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I am lucky i do not believe in Conspiracies and do not posess any symbolic knowledge about systems of freemasonry otherwise i might be disturbed by the new MTV commercial which will air across 63 channels worldwide...

"The concept for this spot came to us in a dream and we're still not sure what it all means. We worked closely with MTV's World Design Studio to create this spot which was based on the theme of sight as part of their first creative collaboration with 55DSL."

vimeo.com...

can someone embed it? (first (real) post)

Luckily for me I cant make any connections towards the skull (you crazy conspiracy theorists call it i believe bifomet or something alike) .....the hypnotic spiral which some of you nutjobs might link to MKUltra and other "Mind Control (crazy word - everyone knows gouvernment does not derive from gouvern,gubernare lat. to control/steer and mind ,lat. ment,e (mind,soul) "related activities ....

like i said, luckily for me i do not think about these things ....

the sheer amount of one-eyes....I do not know what to make of these, but i found them, to quote one of the comments "too dope".. same goes for the tribesmen (and rabbits?) which get kinda ...you guys would say "sacrificed" for no apparent reason.....and those checkered patterns...well Im used to them, since they are everywhere..they dont mean anything...

Additionally I am totally satisfied with MTVs statement that their idea derived from a dream...

- this might actually be the only thing about this which got some truth to it...

but yay for me...i do not believe in these things, i just watch and like it..i find it to be, to quote another vimeo comment "cool stuff"..

do you think it is "cool stuff" too or made by timetraveling-nazi-reptile-jews from sirius flying vimanas?

you just have these 2 options

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here it is embedded from Youtube...

I do see a lot of occult symbolism, not sure if it is on purpose or not.... more than likely, it's on purpose.
edit on 17-6-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
ZOMG, its an Illuminati disinformation agent!

Wait, nevermind. Your grammar is awful.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

thank you sir..

i wanted to add - that I do not believe that MTV Headquarters was built on a masonic lodge...

pictures dont prove anything....they could be shopped like ALL the Ufo material

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I only have the options between cool stuff and timetraveling-nazi-reptile-jews from sirius flying vimanas?

Obviously the logical conclusion is timetraveling-nazi-reptile-jews from sirius flying vimanas....not.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Occult symbolism aside, I think its a pretty visually pleasing commercial, just as whacked out as lots of other stuff on TV. I don't think its all that much weirder than plenty of the rest of the programming out there.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
what? there are zero masonic references / symbols in the video. you may want to edit the title of this thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
look:

this is germanys mtv ("original mtv" is now pay-tv [pretty unusual to have it over here] and both stations belong to viacom)...
original version (upside down)
want moar?

mtvs first own video production (the first time mtv payed the production for a video clip) this is the result:

pretty cool explanation:

edit on 17-6-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by amcdermott20
Occult symbolism aside, I think its a pretty visually pleasing commercial, just as whacked out as lots of other stuff on TV. I don't think its all that much weirder than plenty of the rest of the programming out there.

Visual pleasure aside, this is so intensely packed with symbolism is about as subtle as the OP.

Why are MTV so proud to be associated with evil?

It really makes you wonder just how dangerously powerful symbols can be.

Anyone that worships Satan etc is nothing but a coward for Satan is the God of fear and nothing else.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Acetradamus

If you do not believe in or recognize masonic symbolism, why do you think this video would be relevant?? If you are so uninterested - why ask at all? The answer must be totally uninteresting to you anyway - or? I don´t see the point of your "ironic" text.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acetradamus

thank you sir..

i wanted to add - that I do not believe that MTV Headquarters was built on a masonic lodge...

pictures dont prove anything....they could be shopped like ALL the Ufo material

MTV Canada bought and moved into an old masonic lodge.
link to wiki page on MTV Toronto

It's not a conspiracy, just a cool building. If I could move my business into an old architecturally beautiful building like this, I would in a heartbeat. They don't build things like that anymore. I am just glad it can be used and appreciated instead of torn down.

As for the video, If I was making commercials, and I was not an idiot, I would probably use occult symbolism just to appeal to the conspiracy crowd. Anyone who pays attention knows that conspiracy sells right now. Just look at the shows on TV. Exploit what's hot, drop what's not.
edit on 17-6-2011 by network dude because: fixed link, Oh, and Augustusmasonicus is a beer hoarder.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

ty ...best pic is the last frame...the triangular fireplace with the baphomet on top...love it =)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
and how does this tie into masonry?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beyond Creation

Visual pleasure aside, this is so intensely packed with symbolism is about as subtle as the OP.

thank you sir, i meant to get that dualism :-)...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acetradamus
I am lucky i do not believe in Conspiracies

( I ).. do not posess any symbolic knowledge about systems of freemasonry

I cant make any connections towards the skull

(you crazy conspiracy theorists call it i believe bifomet or something alike)

some of you nutjobs

like i said, luckily for me i do not think about these things ....

and those checkered patterns...well Im used to them, since they are everywhere..they dont mean anything.......Additionally I am totally satisfied with MTVs statement that their idea derived from a dream...

yay for me...i do not believe in these things, i just watch and like it..i find it to be, to quote another vimeo comment "cool stuff"..

comment number 1: your post is two things, insults and degrading comments

comment number 2: you haven't presented much worth making a thread over, at all.

summation: this thread is not contributing to ATS in any way, much less you are not doing it in a positive way

you are at the wrong website for your purposes
edit on 6/19/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Masonry and MTV......lol. Wow.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Ok where do I start with you...

First off, you say you don't think about these crazy things or believe in conspiracies, yet you saw this MTV commercial, noticed some sketchy symbolism, and came to ATS to create a thread which you said is your first real post. For someone who doesn't think about these crazy things, your actions tell a different story.

Secondly, the spot is blatantly evil, with the skull most likely representing Baphomet, the all seeing eyes, and the hypnotizing waves and imagery. Yeah, what a stretch it would be to relate this to MK Ultra programming who's symbolism is thrown in our face everyday by the entertainment industry.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Societalgnorance because: spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I agree, this particular spot doesn't really have many obvious free-masonic symbolism, although many would argue the all-seeing eye was designed by Masons.

I should add however, there have been some connections between MTV and Freemasonry mentioned on ATS before, although I can't think of it at the moment. I'm also pretty sure a few MTV executives and many music video directors have been linked to Satanism.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beyond Creation

Why are MTV so proud to be associated with evil?

It really makes you wonder just how dangerously powerful symbols can be.

Anyone that worships Satan etc is nothing but a coward for Satan is the God of fear and nothing else.

The 'Occult' is not 'Satanic' Likewise those that practice the 'Occult' are not worshiping Satan, even 'Satanist' don't 'Worship Satan'

For some reason as the years progressed people thought it would be 'Edgy' to have Occult Symbols associated with them, i would bet a whole lot that most of them don't practice the Occult, and use them merely to be 'Edgy' and 'Rebellious'

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance
reply to post by dontreally

I agree, this particular spot doesn't really have many obvious free-masonic symbolism, although many would argue the all-seeing eye was designed by Masons.

Many would be wrong.

new topics

top topics

join