It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Afraid, It's A No Knock Raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't really care a whole lot for music that much these days, but I found this and felt the need to post it on ATS as it is very topical to the current state of SWAT raids in the United States. Enjoy.

Performed by: Lindy

(Contains a compilation of graphic SWAT raid images & brief adult language)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I love it!

Sadly appropriate following recent events in Arizona.

edit:
After watching it a couple of times, I have realized what disturbs me the most is the completely unnecessary shooting of the dogs in the houses involved in these raids. I consider my animals a part of my family, and I would never allow this to happen.

Americans have a right to defend themselves! IMO, a "no knock raid" seems no different than a criminal home invasion. I would personally treat one as such.
edit on 17-6-2011 by FTD Brat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Star and Flagged.
Not too into the song but it does press a very current issue.
And as the above poster said, the most disturbing thing was the dogs being killed.
My dogs are a part of my family.
Killing my dog would be the same as me killing their child, I'm sure others feel the same but would not like to explore that dark place within themselves.
Dog owners need to claim retribution and hunt down these cops and give them the same justice, I would.
You can't wait for justice or karma, neither will happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I'm an animal lover myself and would lose my mind if the cops busted in my place and shot any of my animals. They are a part of people's families and law enforcement doesn't acknowledge this at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm an animal lover myself and would lose my mind if the cops busted in my place and shot any of my animals.

I too love my dogs. The reason you probably do not have to worry about a search warrant being conducted on your house is because you are not breaking the law which precipitates the police obtaining a search warrant.

Instead of faulting the police for shooting the dog that was attacking them, why do you not fault the owner of the dog for committing the crime that precipitated the search warrant in the first place. If they really loved their dog, I mean really loved their dog, why would they take such a risk knowing if they are discovered, their dog might try to attack a police officer and wind up dead because of it?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

IMO, a "no knock raid" seems no different than a criminal home invasion. I would personally treat one as such.

No knock search warrants have to be specifically authorized by a judge. The reason for a no knock search warrant is the police can articulate a need for an elevated level of surprise in the initial moments of the search warrant.

Lets say if the suspect is known to possess an inordinate amount of firearms or has a propensity towards violence. This allows the police to take the door instead of knocking and announcing that they have a search warrant before taking the door. Once the door is taken, then the police still have to identify themselves and announce their presence. They do not simply take the door and go through silently.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

Have you not been paying attention to just the recent stories about ridiculous raids on people? In a perfect world, everyone would do what they are suppose to do... this isn't anywhere even close to a perfect world.

Raid for outstanding student loan....

Police Raid Maryland Mayor's Home and Kill Dogs

Cops Shoot Pets With Children Present

I could go on and on and on all day, fortunately these videos can all be found on ATS & Youtube.
Sometimes you don't even have to break the law for a SWAT raid, what's the excuse when that happens?
edit on 17-6-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Ok, in the first video all the facts are not known. The supposed "victim" gets the majority of the expose to explain how he was the victim and how unhappy he is with the search warrant being conducted. The segment never explains what the Department of Education was looking for in the home or what was taken. Obviously, this is over some sort of unpaid debt. As a reasonable person, I would think there would be some sort of penalty to accepting financial assistance from the government but not paying it back. Also what is not considered is if the financial assistance was obtained through some form of criminal action like identity theft or other form of fraud.

Second video. Drugs were delivered through the mail, addressed to this persons house and in their name. The drugs were discovered and allowed to be delivered to their destination so an investigation could be furthered.

The news piece does not say why the dogs were killed. As a reasonable person, I assume that the dogs were not killed just because the officer wanted to but because they were doing what dogs do and were approaching the officers aggressively because they were strangers entering their house.

Would you argue that the search warrant should not be conducted because it is the Mayor's house? I think that would be unfair to all the "common" folk that, when in the same situation, had a search warrant conducted on their home.

Third video. The video offers no information on whether or not the search warrant was good. You would assume that the guy was innocent because he said so. As a reasonable person, I know that sometimes criminals lie, especially when they know they are being video taped.

The video also does not show if the dog was coming at the officer aggressively. You automatically assume the officer shot it for no reason. As a reasonable person, I would assume the dog was acting aggressively because there is a second dog that is scene walking around behind the suspect as he is on the ground. That dog is not shot because it is not acting aggressively.

It does not matter if there is children present. It is unfortunate that you would blame the police for taking action and not blame the suspect in the video for selling drugs with a child in the house. If he cared that much about his dogs or child, he should not have been selling drugs which, if discovered, causes the police to investigate and obtain a search warrant.

top topics

join