It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing mirage image appears over Xan'an river in China 17/6/11

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't think this, if real, would be that hard to make. All it takes as very fast computers and guidable lasers.

Imagine it like this - just speculation by the way....

Two lasers hooked up to computers. shine a beam that's not in the visible spectrum from each one. Where the two lasers meet, the light IS in the visible spectrum making that specific dot in space light up. This could easily account for 3-D arrays and images. If they were able to perfect the technology they could create color in one of two ways, that came to mind (maybe more): either create a specific wavelength of light by the above stated theory or use three lasers to create a red or blue shift.

Granted this is speculation but it certainly seems plausible.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Alternative dimension or Parallel universe.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

This is a video of a flood swollen river with a heavy fog/mist obscuring the river banks. Nothing more. I think the confusion is in the translation. The word mirage is used instead of, well perhaps optical illusion would have been a better discription.

Although the Fata Morgana is a real enough event this isn't one of them.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Those buildings look pretty solid to me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6081bea5ea46.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hoax. Look at the light which looks like a 'T' or cross left of centre, you can evidentially see the reflection of it in the waters just below the fogbank, evenmoreso with the contrast turned up. Either China trying to invoke more tourism into the state or a case of bad translation.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ok, I don't know if somebody already translated but I know the lady holding the umbrella said this:

"It really is beautiful, like the scene of a movie" the tone of her voice was very calm and soft for the dialect.

There you go.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think we have hit the nail on the head, the buildings are there, but the mist makes them look like they are floating on clouds, and it's a nice scenario to look at.

But for all of you crying "OMG it's a hoax!"...it is a genuine ITN news report, get it through your skulls, ITN would NOT perpetrate a hoax!

Maybe it was a poor choice of words, maybe they were misled, either way, they are reputable news company,

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I wonder if it really is a mirage. Maybe a holographic projection? Maybe an alternate reality?

Absolutely amazing.

Star and Flag.

VERY

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

yea I'm pretty sure this is BS. and if not, they're looking at the wrong clips.

EDIT.

Oh look. Here it is in Google Maps. I have linked the bridge seen int he video. Looks like a fake lads.

maps.google.com...,118.290009&sspn=0.007427,0.009645&st=109146043351405611748&rq=1&ev=zi&split=1&radi us=0.35&hq=Tunxi&hnear=&ll=29.702904,118.287531&spn=0.007465,0.009645&z=17
edit on 18-6-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Assuming that link fails at life, it's the bridge to the left. Huangshan Airport points a little above it.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarsky
reply to post by GypsK

This is a video of a flood swollen river with a heavy fog/mist obscuring the river banks. Nothing more. I think the confusion is in the translation. The word mirage is used instead of, well perhaps optical illusion would have been a better discription.

Although the Fata Morgana is a real enough event this isn't one of them.

My thoughts exactly.
It`s just part of the city behind the mist and flood.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Calling all units...we have a reported Fringe event in China. I'll need Agent Dunham, Peter and Walter Bishop to fly over their immediately. OMG....Walternate is a communist!!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It is certainly not a mirage. Mirages do not detail objects only make obscure refractions of light. Therefore this can only be one of three things. 1. A parallel universe that came into view due to naturally occuring sub atomic particle alignment. Or 2. A projected image by a military or other organization endemic to the current earth or perhaps an alien force. 3. An elaborate hoax of somekind.

My first reaction is parallel universe and it actually looks like more than one is appearing. The very first frame shows a ferris wheel or something like that before you see the other buildings. It appears to be more than one point in time. It actually looks like 2 or more appearances of time and place superimposed on the scene.
edit on 18-6-2011 by whathasitcome2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The original Chinese Newspaper article says that these phenomena are appearing more and more latey. It could be a Chinese Army holographic projection experiment that requires moisture in the atmopshere to pull it off like a 3d projection screen. Think US bombs dropping harmlessly into a river where a city that really doesn't exist.

Unfortunately, between technology and possible actual shape shifting of the particles in the universe, that coupled with the instant spread of information over the internet, the world is going to become more and more strange.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
simple translation is that its talking about the flooding going on... those building exsist there. how can you be fooled by this... geez

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I thought this thread was over when Cryptonomicon posted this. PIcture of island that was always there.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Several pages back it was clearly shown that this is a hoax. Original pictures of the location were also posted showing that no mirage exists.

Yet still people come along and declare that this is genuine and 'stranger things have happened'.

Read the thread you muppets. This was even delcared a hoax by the OP.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

The link from China is the one I saw and read years ago. It's where I got the picture I posted from.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 3xil3

I don't see anything moving in the mirage images, I do see trees moving in the actual foreground images of the actual waterway.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Can a mod please move this thread
to the hoax forum?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3xil3
this would be world wide news and its not.
And the "interview" with lady just from her hand gesture looks like she is talking about the rise in water

As linked several times before dating back to 2006. It seems to have been a big deal then and did stop thousands of tourists in their tracks.

Full image caption;

Thousands of tourists rush to take a view at a mirage taking place off east China coast in Penglai, on the tip of Shandong Province on May 7, 2006. Modern high-rise buildings, broad city streets and bustling cars as well as crowds of people were all clearly visible. Experts explained that a mirage is formed when moisture in the air becomes warmer than the temperature of sea water, which refracts rays of sunlight to create reflections of the landscape in the sky. [Xinhua]

Link

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join