It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing mirage image appears over Xan'an river in China 17/6/11

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
How gullible can people be?

Sheesh...

A whole city mirage.... that can be FILMED??

What?

Is there something in the water at ATS?

Can I have some please...

:shk: :shk:

Yes a mirage of whole city complete with moving cars and people can be filmed,

check the link in my earlier post.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Hold on, hold on, hold on, when did I say this was a mirage? If you review my post I said and I quote

I really don't think this is a mirage

So you get a grip.

Okaaaay

ALS

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This reminds me of when I was younger, I was sitting in the the car while my mom was in a corner store. I was staring at the soda machine in front of me and in the reflection there were hundreds of people walking, as if it were reflecting a busy NYC street and I could see them all perfectly, a very diverse group of people. Except, the only thing that the machine could have reflected was the car I was in and the dead street behind me with maybe 3 cars driving on it, but definitely not one person walking. I swear I was staring into another dimension, and I know what I saw.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
the link to the original story and the corresponding video has been posted several times now already so can we all agree that this is real and not a hoax?

once again : news.itn.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
These pictures make it very clear how this sort of thing happens. They call it a Fata Morgana Mirage, and it's a very well documented phenomena. They are amazing, but explainable.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

www.flickr.com...

www.panoramio.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
These pictures make it very clear how this sort of thing happens. They call it a Fata Morgana Mirage, and it's a very well documented phenomena. They are amazing, but explainable.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

www.flickr.com...

www.panoramio.com...

no they are not...those are static image mirage in the horizon these are are not ...trees are moving..ect
and they are very close and in perfect detail
edit on 18-6-2011 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ok...I think ITN may have may have just lost the gist in translation here and shouldn't have said mirage...but optical illusion was fine.

In my opinion they were just amazed by the masses of low hung mist and the buildings 'hanging in the clouds' making it look like, as the lady being interviewed rightly said.." a scene in a movie...a fairy land".

However cool and amazing this would be, If a real and solid looking bunch of buildings just miraculously popped up out of thin air, I really couldn't see it just being some short "and finally" piece. Even with the msm the way they are, people would be going nuts about it, it would be big news.

And on that point, that bridge would be teaming with people and film crews. Not just a couple of people casually strolling past!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Fata morgana is the most superior of the mirages, however Fata morgana often distorts the refracted image/s, Sometimes a little, sometimes to the point where the image/s become unrecognizable. In the video however the "mirages" are in perfect detail, I would put this down to one of three reasons.

1) This phenomenon is some type of new (ultra) detailed mirage, possible cause by China's pollution levels.

2) We are looking at another dimension.

3) And the most likely reason, Deception.

ALS
edit on 18-6-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Im not saying this is a legit story but its a legit ITN video:

news.itn.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by barefootsoldier
Ok...I think ITN may have may have just lost the gist in translation here and shouldn't have said mirage...but optical illusion was fine.

In my opinion they were just amazed by the masses of low hung mist and the buildings 'hanging in the clouds' making it look like, as the lady being interviewed rightly said.." a scene in a movie...a fairy land".

However cool and amazing this would be, If a real and solid looking bunch of buildings just miraculously popped up out of thin air, I really couldn't see it just being some short "and finally" piece. Even with the msm the way they are, people would be going nuts about it, it would be big news.

And on that point, that bridge would be teaming with people and film crews. Not just a couple of people casually strolling past!

They said its been happening a lot lately, so they could have gotten used to it and know that its an illusion and probably don't see a big deal of it .

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I found this other link. I think haven't been posted, otherwise...sorry.

www.scanpix.no... 9&search.tabId=videoInternational

Friday, June 17th, 2011 STORY: China Amazing Mirage -- Amazing mirage appears over river in Anhui Province, East China LENGTH: 1'10 RESTRICTIONS: Not access Chinese mainland TYPE: Chinese/Nats SOURCE: China Central Television DATELINE: Anhui, China - Jun 16th, 2011 LENGTH: 1'10 More downloads available at newscontent.cctv.com... SHOTLIST: Tunxi District, Huangshan City, Anhui Province, East China - Jun 16th, 2011 1. Wide of reflected images of buildings and trees 2. Wide of reflected images of buildings and trees 3. Mid of reflected images of buildings and trees 4. Zoom out of reflected images 5. SOUNDBITE (Chinese) resident: "It's really amazing. It looks like a scene in the movie, in a fairyland." 6. Pan left of reflected images 7. Various of reflected images 8. Zoom in of reflected images of trees 9. Pan right of reflected images More downloads available at newscontent.cctv.com... STORYLINE: Amazing mirage appeared on Thursday at dusk at the Tunxi section of the Xin'an River in Huangshan City, east China's Anhui Province, when continuous pouring rain had just stopped. In the thin mist above the river were spectacular images of mountains, buildings and trees, which seemed to be floating on the river. The phenomenon began at about 17:00 p.m. local time, attracting a large number of people, who paused to watch the ethereal scene. "It's really amazing. It looks like a scene in the movie, in a fairyland," a local said. Similar sights are often seen lately, only they were not as special as this one, local residents say. More downloads available at newscontent.cctv.com... For any questions please call +86-10-63969499, or email [email protected]. If you want to learn more, please go to the CCTV website at newscontent.cctv.com.... © Copyright CCTV. The content in this story, including video and script is provided by China Central Television (CCTV) and is copyright CCTV. Thomson Reuters does not guarantee the accuracy of, or endorse the views or opinions given in, this package. THIS STATEMENT SUPERSEDES ALL OTHER STATEMENTS RELATING TO COPYRIGHT ATTACHED TO THIS CONTENT.

Notice that part in the text that says : " a local said. Similar sights are often seen lately, only they were not as special as this one, local residents say".

All I have to add is that I am amazed by Mother Nature....again. Thanks OP.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Well, if the fata morgana is real then it truely is amazing.

If the cctv news site can be trusted or not? All the major msm in Europe seem to think so since they all linked to that page.
For arguments sake, let's say it is not real, why would they create a story like that? Why would a national news source create a hoax?

It's becoming more a topic of debate that the U.S. government is planning some sort of mass UFO/Alien invasion using Project Bluebeam. If that happens to be real maybe the Chinese are trying to wake people up to the possibility of mass illusion before it's too late... just a theory, not saying I believe it per se.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If I had to vote on a conspiracy, I'd have to say the Chinese government is testing peoples' gullibility. Just how North Korea claims to be the second happiest place in the world and how Iran claims to have a semi-competent military, lol. The theory of a fake UFO invasion in the future doesn't sound all that far-fetched to me. I just don't see the necessity of the "Bluebeam" technology to spread this video around when it could easily be nothing more than a foggy, flooded Chinese landscape.
edit on 6/18/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

The chinese woman wouldn't be smiling if that was so.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

Absolutely, if they had seen these type of OPTICAL ILLUSIONS before (I.e. buildings looking like they are floating in clouds, not a MIRAGE of buildings materializing out of thin air) maybe they would be nonplussed.

Again IMO this is what they are talking about here and reporter made a mistake saying mirage. And by using that word and the youtube poster using it as the headline for the video it puts a totally different spin on it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is really weird. Let me get this right. There was never an island with buildings in that area?
That whole thing is a mirage? How could that be? Maybe a window into another city, That has exceptional technologies to hide from the rest of the world? Just a thought.

Star and Flag.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by GypsK
As OP of this thread I'm calling it a hoax.

thats nice of you. you might drop the mods a line to put this in the hoax bin. it seems there is more folks coming along and swallowing this garbage.

i would love to hear why any sane person could possible think this was a real event?

(ITN should be ashamed of themselves for broadcasting chinese brainwashing)

well as I said in the op, our Belgian national news published the article and I like to think that our newschannel is one of the more 'trustable' channels around the world. They don't publish crap very often.
Besides that, what do I know about mirrage images? It could have been real... looking at the northeren lights gives the same surreal feeling, but those are real..

In this case it was an actual island, still thought it was worthy to post the vid here... it's debunked, that's what ats is for

Next time I see a vid of a mirrage I know what to look for and I'm sure a lot of other people learned that.
I'm not going to appologize for posting the vid.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ok people,
for those who are still claiming this is real
look at page 4 of this thread, there are pretty good pictures there of the location.

The vid is real, the buildings are real, there is actually an entire REAL island on that same location. It's there, it's just not a mirrage image like the news source suggests.
real island, but no mirrage. just an island surrounded by fog and water.

Therefor the news article is a hoax.
I'm sure the view from the bridge was awsome though....

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
To perfect of an image to be a mirage, the image is unwavering. I would love to see a side by side photo of what the are is supposed to look like. I smell a hoax

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join