It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

US dismisses criminal charges against bin Laden

page: 1
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
US dismisses criminal charges against bin Laden


federal judge has approved a request by prosecutors to officially dismiss all criminal charges against Osama bin Laden.

The order was made public Friday, more than six weeks after bin Laden was killed by the U.S. military in a raid on his hideout in Pakistan. Such requests are procedural and routine in case where defendants named in indictment die.


So the "most wanted man in the world" is "killed" by U.S. forces under Obama and NOW they dismiss charges. Wow. My government sickens me.

/TOA
edit on 17-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is beyond bizarre. I know that routinely charges are dropped after a suspect dies. But he was such a big deal. They made a big show of him being buried at sea to respect him, and now they're piling more respect on him by basically saying he's longer considered a criminal? Give me a break.

/TOA



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
can't really charge a "dead" man .



kinda like how the jews can't sue hitler?


the propaganda is already sold to the masses about him being a criminal . This is just technical aspect of it .The picture has been painted if you will
edit on 17-6-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
can't really charge a "dead" man .



kinda like how the jews can't sue hitler?


the propaganda is already sold to the masses about him being a criminal . This is just technical aspect of it .The picture has been painted if you will
edit on 17-6-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)


No, you can't charge a dead man. But, this lets him off the hook. All of the people that lost family and friends during 9/11, and still believe that a group of Muslim extremists perpetrated it, just officially got the finger.

/TOA



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It is only a technicality, do not read any more than that in to it.

He is dead, what difference does it make now what charges are held against him, it is time to remove him from the books.
edit on 17-6-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Technically, Osama was never charged for the 9/11 attacks. The dismissal is regarding the charges filed against OBL for the 1998 U.S Embassy Bombing and the 1993 WTC Bombing.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
All of the people that lost family and friends during 9/11, and still believe that a group of Muslim extremists perpetrated it, just officially got the finger.
/TOA


Either that, or a prod in the direction of the truth. This could inspire some to question the OS since he was never charged with anything related to 9/11, at least on his entry in the most wanted list didn't have it listed. The source doesn't even mention 9/11, he was being cleared of his involvement in U.S. embassy bombings in Africa.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Later on down the road, looking back at History, people are going to read abou these "Technicalities", and get the impression that he was wrongly accused. You never know, they might even call him the next Jesus because they believed he was a martyr.

=)



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
US dismisses criminal charges against bin Laden


federal judge has approved a request by prosecutors to officially dismiss all criminal charges against Osama bin Laden.

The order was made public Friday, more than six weeks after bin Laden was killed by the U.S. military in a raid on his hideout in Pakistan. Such requests are procedural and routine in case where defendants named in indictment die.


So the "most wanted man in the world" is "killed" by U.S. forces under Obama and NOW they dismiss charges. Wow. My government sickens me.

/TOA
edit on 17-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)


LOL he chillin on an island FREE earth is wild
Um just sayen was it Usama or Osama who got the charges dismissed
The mind games abroad



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by seedofchucky
can't really charge a "dead" man .



kinda like how the jews can't sue hitler?


the propaganda is already sold to the masses about him being a criminal . This is just technical aspect of it .The picture has been painted if you will
edit on 17-6-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)


No, you can't charge a dead man. But, this lets him off the hook. All of the people that lost family and friends during 9/11, and still believe that a group of Muslim extremists perpetrated it, just officially got the finger.

/TOA



no it doesnt' let him off the hook.

as for the finger to the family that was already done with the 9/11 commision report which was done 400 something days after the fact and cost much less the clintons bj .



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Later on down the road, looking back at History, people are going to read abou these "Technicalities", and get the impression that he was wrongly accused. You never know, they might even call him the next Jesus because they believed he was a martyr.

=)



Oh, he's already a martyr to millions. This just seals the deal! Thanks for your comments.


/TOA



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

None of the charges involved the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.


Well this is the really important part of the article. The charges didn't even include 9/11, I think that's undeniable proof Bin Laden was not responsible for 9/11 if the prosecution doesn't even accuse him of it.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed
 


There is always a reason for the madness……..

“We The People” have no idea about what information was obtained or bank accounts seized if this raid and death is legit.

If there is “money” or "assests" from seized accounts that the US Gov now has control over since his death, I think there is a legal argument from the families of 9/11 that they should be compensated.

Now that charges are “dismissed” not “dropped" due to death could be a legal move to avoid future lawsuits against said funds…………….

But what do I know…….Not much!!



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

"The possibility of a mistaken identification is approximately one in 11.8 quadrillion," the official wrote.


These people will say anything


www.msnbc.msn.com...



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American
 


which part of the fact that this is a standard US procedure when any crime suspect dies , whatever he / she is charged with , dont you understand ?



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by The Old American
 


which part of the fact that this is a standard US procedure when any crime suspect dies , whatever he / she is charged with , dont you understand ?


Well, ignorant ape, I understand it completely, being quite fluent in the reading and writing of the language in which this article was written.

Is it also, ignorant ape, U.S. procedure to respectfully bury a wanted mass murderer according to their faith, thus spitting in the face of his victims? Is it, ignorant ape, U.S. procedure to do everything in their power to make sure that, instead of being brought to trial, a suspect is killed before extracting information from them that could possibly prevent the murders of others? There are plenty of procedures the U.S. government follows, ignorant ape. Some of them, however, are purely political and designed to fan the flames of distress.

/TOA



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Was the DNA testing procedure ever released?



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American
 


If the charges were dismissed, then the execution was murder? Yes, they can press posthumous charges against a criminal, it happens fairly often. If there were no charges, there was no justification for the raid.

We violated international borders, we stormed a home, we killed people, all in the name of some criminal charge that has now been dismissed?

Ridiculous and Criminal actions.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Obama believes in the bible.he believes in the old testament. he believes in an eye for an eye.

you kill his people he will shoot you in the head. whatever country you hide in. he will find you and shoot you in the head. an eye for an eye.

just in case people thought this was a once off.

news.yahoo.com...

he is promising to do it again. this person will not be captured, will not be questioned, will not be tried in a court of law, will not be found guilty and sentenced.

no Ayman al- Zawahiri will be hunted down and killed. maybe they can broadcast this one live.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


Precisely my point, sir.

/TOA




top topics



 
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join