It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO what do you make of this dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Firstly, I have never written in this section and care little for prophecy and etc. However, I had a dream last weekend that is driving me nuts. I have thought about it a lot and each time it pops in my head I have a feeling of foreboding. I hardly ever have an "impending doom" feeling and I dont care for it much. SO where better to come than to ATS dreams and predictions section, huh?

Firstly, Im not sure how it fits into dreams.. but my background isnt a christian one and Ive straddled 2 cultures my whole life, so I doubt there is any "biblical revelations" sort of subliminal nonsense happening.

The dream:
I am at my mothers house in Montana, she lives on the Rez in Browning. I guess the dream just starts abruptly.. I am by her pond and me and all of my relatives are standing there in wonderment.. there is a whirlpool in the pond and a large pig is hovering over it spinning slowly. I recall the sky is angry and we are all scared of this. I dont know why we are scared, but we are. I can recall it just looked like an angry sky getting ready for a bad storm. We watch this water and the pig together and dead things start churning up in the water.. animals and people.. and the pond then turns into a large lake. The lake still has the whirlpool and the huge pig, but more and more dead things are filling up the lake until there is no more water.. and only dead things spinning around under the pig. My grandma who has been dead for a long long time, but is standing there with the rest of the family and I, says to me.... go start a fire. So I go to put the wood in the pit and I keep looking back at my family standing on the bank and wonder why they arent running away.. but they stand and watch. I realize I have no matches or lighter and ask grandma if she has any.. she says nope that the sun will give us the fire. The fire never started, knowing her ...even in my dreams she was giving me busy work so I didnt get into mischief.
The dream ends kind of abruptly when my dad walks up and I run over to him and ask him if he came out of the water.. he has been dead a long time. He said he wasnt in the water.. and then my dog woke me up to let her out... GRRR!

Ive thought about this and wanted to continue the dream. After I let the dogout and in I tried to go back to sleep so maybe I would dream it more. I loved my grandma and dad dearly adn it was nice speaking with them again and having them alive.. even if it was during a storm with a huge pig and a corpse whirlpool.
I dont usually have very vivid dreams and I usually dont care to remember them.. for whatever reason.. maybe seeing my grandma and dad.. this one just wont get out of my head!

Id wondered if there was any symbolism to this or just another wacky dream.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think I have a plausible explanation:

Maybe you have been dealing with a lot of stress/anxiety in the waking state. Possibly fear of death or the law (the pig) is after you. Not sure but while in your sleeping state your subconscious was playing out your fears and it was causing panic in you, activating all the stress you have built up over all the years.

So when your family members, that you loved but are now gone, appeared, the sight of them calmed you down. It brought you out of the nightmare and brought you a happier moment. When you woke up, the disturbing images stuck with you along with the sadness of having to leave your missed loved ones.

I have dreams often of my Uncle and Grandfather visiting me and dreams and in my dream I know that they are dead and I will ask them, "You are dead, how are you here?" And every time, both respond with, "I am visiting you in your dreams." So now when I see them in there, I don't waste anytime with that question and just spend time with them. I try to ask them about the "other side."
But every time they visit, it is usually a time when I am stressed out with life or just missing them.

I hope that helps

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
its just a waky willy wonka dream.

you subsconscience picks up images events experinces etc as you go about yoru day .. and when you sleep it puts it together in a random fashion to make a "dream"

its just a figment of your imagination on free style.

it feels like its telling you something but no more then a '___' trip lol
edit on 17-6-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by imnotanother
I think I have a plausible explanation:

Maybe you have been dealing with a lot of stress/anxiety in the waking state. Possibly fear of death or the law (the pig) is after you. Not sure but while in your sleeping state your subconscious was playing out your fears and it was causing panic in you, activating all the stress you have built up over all the years.

So when your family members, that you loved but are now gone, appeared, the sight of them calmed you down. It brought you out of the nightmare and brought you a happier moment. When you woke up, the disturbing images stuck with you along with the sadness of having to leave your missed loved ones.

I have dreams often of my Uncle and Grandfather visiting me and dreams and in my dream I know that they are dead and I will ask them, "You are dead, how are you here?" And every time, both respond with, "I am visiting you in your dreams." So now when I see them in there, I don't waste anytime with that question and just spend time with them. I try to ask them about the "other side."
But every time they visit, it is usually a time when I am stressed out with life or just missing them.

I hope that helps

Hmm.. some of what you say makes sense.. but I work with the "pigs" and they certainly arent the source of any anxiety! In fact we're having a BBQ this weekend with a few "pigs" and happen to be roasting a suckling. LOL! In any case, Im at a very low stress point in my life and right at the moment, life is golden.. where the heck were the dead relatives when I was goin nutty with stress?
Youre right on this though, Id have been a lot more scared in the dream if my relatives weren't there. I did find comfort in the fact it was just us and whatever was happening, we were all there together.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The pig represents the gluttony of Society I would imagine, above this an impending storm and below it the results of its carelessness.

I am thankful to hear that your father was not of the lake but there with you, this part should lend some comfort as you are busy keeping your traditions alive (the fire), but the fire was not lit was it?

So there lies your answer! It is time to honor your family and your heritage by rekindling that flame within that allows you to speak to your Ancestors. For so long they have been forgotten yet their voices have been ringing true to us all through prophesy and stories of old.

It is time to start the fire, ...within!

You sound like a warrior who has not taken up the cause! It is time to open to your strengths, your family! You have been initiated and it will vibrate with you for a long time as you meander our needless cycle of abuse that our World has encompassed.

This was a vision and a blessing for you!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
its just a waky willy wonka dream.
you subsconscience picks up images events experinces etc as you go about yoru day .. and when you sleep it puts it together in a random fashion to make a "dream"

No, I don't think so. While it is true that, in sleep, our dream mind processes and collates data from previous days for ready use by our waking mind, they are often more fuzzy, random, dmt-trippy, hero as observer and usually not even recalled. This dream has a solid narrative quality with the dreamer acting in it. This dream has a very simple message for the dreamer.

Interpretation: Bodies of water often represent humanity (the sea of humanity)(and especially when humanity is whirling around in it, heh). You are observing humanity perishing under the watchful eye of Another (pig). You are aware enough to know that this is happening.

You interpret the dream's meaning in your OP comment. You are making busy work. Whatever it is that you are doing right now in regards to knowing what you know about the world situation and what to do about it, your dream mind is telling you what you're doing is just busy work and will have no effect.

So let us know what avenue you are "researching" so we can avoid it.

edit on 17-6-2011 by ajkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Pretty interesting.. and sort of fitting in with what has happened over the last decade or so.. within the family. My dad was an anti BIA radical.. and I was separated from the culture for many yrs.. and since he died my mother moved back on rez and is reconnecting.

Interesting take.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajkesh

So let us know what avenue you are "researching" so we can avoid it.

"Researching"? Nothing other than things to do with work at the moment. I was an RN for a little over 15 yrs.. and now I work with Victims Services through the court house and with a homeless outreach program... and have been doing that for about 6 yrs.RIght now we are looking for a way to involve the elderly folks here that arent covered any "umbrella" and fall through the cracks. I guess if you think thats unworthy of research or work.. and wish to avoid it.. to each his or her own. I think the thing with grandma was just her and the way my brain recalls her interacting with me. I was a rowdy kid and she made me do busy work.. to keep me from getting trouble
The question is.. what am I doing that may get me in trouble I guess.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

I guess if you think thats unworthy of research or work.. and wish to avoid it.. to each his or her own.

It's not what I think. It's your world, it's what you think that matters. I wasn't thinking of your job when I said research. You're on ATS, I was thinking more of masonic symbols, alien abductions, vatican assassins, doppelgangers, Alex Jones, etc etc. Are you putting your time and energy into something now that you think might impact the NEW WORLD ORDER!!1!!!1!

I think the thing with grandma was just her and the way my brain recalls her interacting with me. I was a rowdy kid and she made me do busy work.

I think that's a fantastic symbol in your life that your dream mind can use to make you more aware of something as busywork. (Not that when she shows up, she will always represent that, mind you)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't believe dreams have any strict meaning behind them per se.
If you like you can just chalk it up to mourning for lost loved ones.

However, I'm bored and for humor sake, lets interpret some symbolism...

The large hovering pig is a UFO. The reason I will symbolize UFO for the pig is, because when you said the pig in your story was hovering and spinning, I immediately remembered reading a story where a man described lights in the sky as resembling a swine.

Also, to link UFOs with the other symbols lets say the UFO is piloted by demons or the pig itself symbolizes Satan, demons, evil, etc because Jesus cast some demons into a pig once upon a time and there's all those theories that think UFOs and or aliens are really demons.

The symbolism ill give for the pond that becomes a lake is of course the dreaded lake of fire.

The angry sky is going to have to be God and he is angry that demons are using the UFO guise to bring all those souls to the lake of fire.

You're all scared of the sky because you have wronged God for not putting faith in him and instead into the aliens and or demons instead.

The whirlpool itself just symbolizes the UFOs are bringing souls to the lake of fire.

Your Grandma wants you to start a fire but you can't because you don't have fire. Maybe we can symbolize this as your Grandma wants you to light the lake on fire? Meaning she wants you to be on the side of God and do Gods work.

The Sun is going to be the Son a.k.a. Jesus and he will light the lake of fire for you.

Okay I think that covers most of the symbolism. Hope none of what I wrote mind #'s you because I don't believe any of the interpretations I've made. I was just having fun.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

"Don't throw your pearls before swine" It will just whirlpool any and all your energy's, and suck the life out of you slowly and feed its growth, till you end up like all the others who threw there pearls before swine. In the lake of sorrow.

Make a fire, have yourself and your family some giant pork barbecue and enjoy the sunny days. Unless off course you don't eat pork. Then in any-case any other barbecue type would do, but mostly don't stand around looking at it to long. You should of made/started a fire. Oh well! Maybe next time.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Sounds like you live in an area that has natural disasters within the area (tornadoes, etc)

Also maybe you've been spending a lot of time around animals?

Maybe you've recently been thinking about your deseased relatives (who I'm guessing, were very close to you, before passing away).

I'm just saying, because dreams are usually triggered (well for me at least...But then again, I have not dreamed ina LONG time, due to my sleeping pattern..) by the small, random thoughts during the day, or day before.

Why are people's dreams so clear, vivid & cool?

When I do happen to dream on that rare occasion, it's usually nowhere near to that level of intensity & interest! Mines is much more like a reality.

Jealous.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ajkesh

"No, I don't think so. While it is true that, in sleep, our dream mind processes and collates data from previous days for ready use by our waking mind, they are often more fuzzy, random, dmt-trippy, hero as observer and usually not even recalled. This dream has a solid narrative quality with the dreamer acting in it. This dream has a very simple message for the dreamer."

1) data collected check , once its enterned the brain now has more pictures to paint with if you will. Add neuron firing to the cocktail of chemicals the brain dishes out while u sleep. Naturally you can see how they come together and create sometimes those total random outta the blue dreams lol

2) not even recalled? what do you mean as in you can't remember it that much ? or at all lol ?

"Interpretation: Bodies of water often represent humanity (the sea of humanity)(and especially when humanity is whirling around in it, heh). You are observing humanity perishing under the watchful eye of Another (pig). You are aware enough to know that this is happening. "

often represent humanity according to which ideologies ? why can't bodies of water represent the health of the earth . or the soul . or perhaps the weight of emotion etc . I can take sea of humanity in many ways lol

aware enough to know that this is happening you say ? then where does the recall fit in ?

"You interpret the dream's meaning in your OP comment. You are making busy work. Whatever it is that you are doing right now in regards to knowing what you know about the world situation and what to do about it, your dream mind is telling you what you're doing is just busy work and will have no effect".

how do you differnciate with dream mind and 'reality" im curious ? what if its visa versa right now and drams are the reality and this is the dream? Tell me wise one how do you know !

i think your altered mind is telling you many differnt conclusions tryign to tangle them into a vauge interpertation

new topics

top topics

join