It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draft Riots Feared -> No Matter Who Wins in November, Draft Will Return

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Draft Riots Feared
No Matter Who Wins in November, Draft Will Return

By Mike Blair

Regardless of the outcome of next November�s presidential election, the federal government will initiate a military draft in 2005, unless there is a dramatic slackening of the need for U.S. troops for the ongoing war in Iraq and for �peacekeeping� duties around the world.

Last June, the Senate overwhelmingly passed a bill to increase the size of the Army by 20,000 persons, and a month earlier the House voted to add 30,000 soldiers and 9,000 Marines by 2007.

If current trends continue, several military experts have told American Free Press, voluntary enlistments will not even dent the number of troops America will need for its global over-commitments.

What is going to happen in late August at the Republican National Convention in New York City many will see as a precursor of what will take place when the nation starts drafting young men, and perhaps even women, for the military.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I am afraid that is true, it will be alot of protest specially from the younger sector and I wonder how they are going to do about the college students.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am afraid that is true, it will be alot of protest specially from the younger sector and I wonder how they are going to do about the college students.

I was wondering the exact same thing. What are going to be the guidelines for such a draft?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If there is a draft instituted then Ill be right there rioting with them. 2 Years after it is instituted I would be drafted, and If we dont want to go fight then we shouldnt have to. I remember reading somewhere that if your in college you get to stay until semester is over. Then you get drafted and go through all that #.

Oh yeah...totally forgot about medical issues. I couldnt be accepted. Im legally blind (20/200 or less) and colorblind. YAY!

[Edited on 8-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
If there is a draft instituted then Ill be right there rioting with them. 2 Years after it is instituted I would be drafted, and If we dont want to go fight then we shouldnt have to. I remember reading somewhere that if your in college you get to stay until semester is over. Then you get drafted and go through all that #.

I would probably wouldnt get drafted because my neck and back are trashed, but it would suck having to go to war. If it was a legitimate reason like in WW2 Killing nazis and such then I would go in a heartbeat, but the current war is a bull# war for profit. That's all it is.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My daughter is in her third year is she going to be drafted too?

My son is eighteen and still in high school.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I was around when the draft was in full swing. I joined rather than being drafted, that was in 1971. I was in the military for the next 17 years, and would probably still be in, if I hadn't of had to many injuries to keep on going.

I don't regret putting my life on the line for my country, what I do regret is how our county has exploited the services offered by our brave men and women of the armed forces. We have our military forces in a lot of places where they are not needed, not wanted, and not welcome.

I have been saying for the past several months that we were very close to reinstituting the draft. When they started calling up vets who had not served out there full 8 years, and were on inactive reserve, I knew a draft couldn't be far behind. I'm sure it won't happen till after the elections but who ever the president is, he will have to institute a draft to get the quotas that the military are hoping to fill, especilly if we go into Iran or North Korea.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I myself would riot like a mother effer. I'm not opposed to military service, but our military needs to be voluntary. it will keep the level of performance high, instead of throwing someone like me- a nursing student, a former embalmer, and someone who has NEVER fired a weapon- on to the battlefield.

i just had this discussion with my father the other day, who was quite upset when i told him i would dodge the draft. I realize I'd never be allowed into the country again, unless i never left to begin with and just stayed in hiding, but to me, i'd sacrifice my citizenship before i would put my life on the line in a war for oil.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Come on guys do some research these bills (2) one in the house and one in the senate were symbolic, they were BOTH writting up buy very anit Iraq war officials, this is done all of the time.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
We should begin organizing the riots. I suggest we start drawing up plans to draft rioters.

To provide for the common civil unrest by requiring that all young persons [age 18--26] in the United States, including women, perform a period of general mischief or a period of civil unrest in furtherance of the national concience and homeland hijinks, and for other purposes.

If you volunteer you could be considered for special mayhem forces training.

I think we already got a sponsor.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
:bnghd:
This pisses me off so much to know that no matter who i vote for, bush
or kerry both of them are gonna instate the draft. Someone, hoping its a young person, needs to be at the debates and ask them this question:

"Do either of you plan to reinstate the draft once you are elected?"

To which we young people respond that if the answer is yes, not only are we voting for them, but we are not voting at all!!!

They seem to be so happy that all of these young people are actually voting this year, that it's going to be a record amount of voting in the United States. Well not if this # is true.

F! the draft

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Watch them draft me, and i'm not even an American Citizen yet!!

I probably won't be able to enjoy it...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If they reinstate the draft in 2005 I would be drafted in 5 years. I don't think I would be able to go to college until after my tour of duty is over. Which would suck. I might not be able to be drafter because I have this condition with my neck but by then I'll probaly have the surgery that will fix it. A draft is not a good idea if people get drafted and they don't want to be drafted they won't have any moral.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I also have a lower back problem... It's not a herniated disc but it feels like it sometimes, out of the blue my back will cramp up on me and I will have to reposterize myself (is that a word? should be) My dad has this condition to except he has a neurological disorder on top of it, he hasn't been able to feel his two toes in years, and just recently his left leg has gone numb...
Poor guy..

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Give me a break folks.

The military is looking at cutting back the number of people, not addiing more to it. We are being tasked to do more with less, not more with more.

You all need to relax.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well, most of you that read my posts know that I support the war. As of now, I think our government is doing good and I'm happy to live here, in America. If the draft went into practice..It would greatly lower my pride for this country. There's no way I'd go. It's not that I wouldn't fight for my country; not that at all. I'm not a wuss, but I have a whole life planned ahead of me. I have goals and things I want to do with my life already. I don't want to just ruin my whole life. I mean, if someone volunteers, more power to them...but the draft would just be stupid.

[Edited on 26-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here's a nice piece of information that could well be useful. The whole article is available at the site linked to at the bottom.

While registration "may" be mandatory for the selective service, it is also mandatory that if an individual is called up through the "draft, that he "report" to the draft board. WHAT IS NOT MANDATORY, is the requirement to "STEP FORWARD" when the oath is administered!

An individual has done his duty by reporting, but CANNOT be made to volunteer for entry into the services of the armed forces.

1. Mr. A receives a "draft notice" and is told to report on a certain date to a certain place where he receives his physical and mental tests...then he is classified with a number indicating whether he is A1(first called)...all the way down to 4F(unfit for duty).

2. Mr.A is told that he is to report for "induction" into the military and to appear at a certain military base for that purpose on a date specified.

3. By "LAW" he must appear there...or a warrant for his arrest will be issued.

4. Assuming he reports as directed he will have another brief physical and tests and then is told to "line up on the yellow line (painted on the floor) with the others."

5. A Recruiting Officer will then tell all those "joining the army (or whatever)to take one step forward...(Oh, oh, THOSE WHO DID THIS JUST "VOLUNTEERED!")This is done so that no one can "legally" claim they were "forced into involuntary servitude!" "RAISE YOUR RIGHT HAND AND SWEAR ALLEGIANCE." (almost everyone does!...thinking it must be REQUIRED!): "I, (name) do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America and will defend it against all enemies foreign and domestic, and will obey the orders of the President and the officers appointed over me, so help me God."

6. Those who "voluntarily" stepped forward CANNOT NOW CLAIM THEY WERE"DRAFTED"...they stepped forward voluntarily and took the Oath voluntarily!

7. Assume Mr. B was smarter than Mr. A and HE DID NOT STEP FORWARD ANDTHEREFORE DID NOT TAKE THE OATH OF ALLEGIANCE. (the recruiter will probably say something like this: "what's the matter with you, don't you know what' step forward' means?" Mr. B responds, "sure I do, but I AM NOTVOLUNTEERING TO SERVE IN THE MILITARY...If you want me you must 'take me' against my will by force!"

8. All of those who "volunteered" will now be excused from the room...and the Mr. B will be cajoled with persuasive arguments...at first...then, when nothing works to change his mind he will be called names and insulted, possibly even assaulted by one or more military people present there as witnesses.

9.IF Mr. B does not weaken, stands his ground, eventually the tormentors will give up and have him arrested on some charge. However, there is NO lawful way that they can MAKE him go into the military...because of the Constitutional prohibition against "involuntary servitude"...which is why NO ONE IS TRULY EVER "DRAFTED" AND MUST BE "SEDUCED " INTO VOLUNTEERING!

No Dodging - Just refuse to volnteer

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
that's not very refreshing. You can go with the draft or be put into federal prison. I would rather be drafted than put into prison.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
what alot of people don't realise is that the govn. is quietly funding and staffing local draft offices in every state in the country. it has already started.they are opening them up and getting ready, there is no way around it.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
hrmm... yes they reafirmed my beleifes on prison planet today stating "after november the economy will crash and the draft will begin." i am all for combat, i know i will be a large asset to the forces seeing as how ive played nothing but FPS for the majority of my life. i do not want to kill innocent people. they are going to make me hand over my soul. i will not. "We should begin organizing the riots. I suggest we start drawing up plans to draft rioters." i will gladly help with this effort. as long as there is no immediate threat to our country i see no reason to fight. it is inhumane, immoral, and disgusting. i would glady slaughter those arabs by the thousand if they deserved it, however this is not the case, i will not comply. our govt is skating on thin ice in my mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join