It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think this is a faked photo? its not!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

looks faked right? Wrong!!! On St. Maarten in the Caribbean, the planes have to fly low enough to touch down, and that means low flying over their resorts.
Check out the story here

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
That is pretty crazy! I bet that it looks scary from the airplane. I once flew into JFK in New York from London and from the window it looked like we were about to crash right into the water.

Cool find.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is where the terrorists really practiced for the Pentagon run... haha.
I've seen the videos of these planes doing this, kind of funny watching all the little kids screaming and running scared because of the noise. Not my first choice for a vacation spot.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Great place to sit and relax on the beach!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Awesome!!

When we flew into Jamaica, the pilot circled over the beach and banked the plane, he said, "If you look out the left hand side of the plane, you will see such and such beach, and that strip to the right is our airport, we should be on the ground in a couple of minutes." Seemed tame enough, the beach was pretty, the people looked like little ants, and the runway was a few inches long everything was pretty.......................Then my stomach hit my throat, the plane dipped and turned, and we dove down to the runway we were just looking at and skidded to a stop! It had to be some kind of high speed military maneuver, and it was nothing I would have ever expected in a commercial flight! It was kind of fun, the jet was a small 727, and the pilot must have gotten a thrill out of it.
I didn't catch my breath for 20 minutes!!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by imnotanother

I believe if I were on that beach,It would scare the devil out of me.lolThe poeple look as though it is any normal day.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The take offs are pretty intense also...crazy jet blast..

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

THAT is a cool vid!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
www.travelandleisure.com...

Not surprisingly, St. Maarten is the first mentioned on this list.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The Travel Channel had a show covering this airport among others for the 10 most dangerous...or some such. The one that stuck out in my mind was a set up very similar to this but that airport fence was maybe a couple hundred yards behind the staging point for take off. The locals apparently found it great sport to hang on the fence and frequently be blown through the air by the jet wash of the LARGE aircraft as they fire walled the throttles in preparation for the take off roll. It looked insane to me, but it takes all kinds, right?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

even when planes crash, they fly close to the ground for a second or two.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
When I was in St. Maartin, it scared the hell out of me. Too loud and too low.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Holy crap! That plane is only like 25-30 feet from hitting people...

Thx for posting... No way in hell would I be anywhere close to that spot on the beach...

cool vid as well

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Nice Homer!. Reminds of this vid. Make sure to click the ground view link post just above the vid on that page.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I do not fly, haven't in a very long time (20 years I guess), but I do remember flying into Albuquerque, NM. We crested the mountain and within six seconds plummeted to the runway below!

It was life altering to say the least!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
WOW........that's intense! I'll just watch it on video though....it would freak me out to be there! S&F!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by imnotanother

If you want a scary landing you should try this...

cockpit view...

This landing requires brown pants and bicycle clips.

top topics

join