It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of the Democrats. Well Maybe All Politicans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
First let me say that I don't condone what New York Rep. Anthony Weiner did, if he was suppose to at work and doing this. But if he was off and it was his personal time, that's no ones business, but his and the other folks.

As I watched Weiner, resignation speech. I couldn't help but wonder why he was not embraced by his party like our former president, Bill Clinton was.

After all he kept his weiner under wraps and he didn't let some gold digging bimbo's well you know, and you can say that she wasn't a gold digger all you want. just answer why she didn't clean the dress. And Clinton was in the White House, in the Oval Office no less, if memory serves me right.

Weiner was not actually there touching anybody. it was out in cyberspace and the women who were there, most likely never used their real names and came to the sites on their own. Well I can't back the above statement, this being twitter and facebook, and I understand that a lot of people do use their real names and post so much stuff about themselves,that should never put out to public viewing . I have no need for twitter and facebook , I feel that these are two of the most useless sites ever made, that rank right up there with dating and free sex hookup sites. And I think it is a shame that so many companies and organizations, have jumped on this band wagon.
I could go on and on about this, but i guess at least 600million losers would prove me wrong.

Plus to my knowledge Weiner has never been accused of rape, in which there where several women who accused the former president. If I'm not mistaken there were at least eight women who made this claim, against Clinton. There was one woman who said she felt like Weiner was stalking her. Doesn't facebook and twitter have a way to keep people from seeing your posts like they do here or did have here at ats? Why did she go public, what could she have been trying to to do, could she really have felt afraid, or was she wanting to be in the spot light? to many questions remain as to why the story broke.

Here from the wiki, the only source I could find that gives a definite number as to how many Democrats, voted to impeach Clinton
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

The trial proceedings were largely partisan, with only five Democratic Representatives voting to impeach and no Democratic Senators voting for conviction.

Now this from CNN

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/11/democrats-call-for-weiner- to-resign/

House Democrats who have called for Weiner to resign: House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Steve Israel Pennsylvania Rep. Allyson Schwartz Maine Rep. Michael Michaud Indiana Rep. Joe Donnelly (running for U.S. Senate) Arkansas Rep. Mike Ross Massachusetts Rep. Niki Tsongas, North Carolina Rep. Larry Kissell Utah Rep. Jim Matheson Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar Senate Democrats who have called for Weiner to resign: Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy, chair of Judiciary Committee Democratic candidates who have called for Weiner to resign: Former Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine – candidate for U.S. Senate in Virginia

It is not clear that Weiner broke any laws, I have only found one law professor that thinks maybe a prosecutor
could make a case against him, if they tried to be creative, where as, there were so many claims made and found to be credible against Clinton, that any reasonable person could see that he was guilty.

here is the interview with the law professor

/legallyeasy.rocketlawyer.com/a-legal-look-at-the-anthony-weiner-s candal-92166

I could pose many more questions, but I know that I would never get answers that would clear up everything.
I just think that it is a shame that politics in the last half of the twentieth, and the first part of the twenty first
has come to this.

Not to say that further back in history, there weren't any political scandal's. It just seems that they were dealt with much faster and that no one got treated better than the others. Having said that I know that people will say that I 'am wrong, and chances are I am, just nothing as similar as this comes to mind.

And last night as I found myself sadden and appalled, that as I was going through the msm's that I landed on
that Rachel Maddow or as i like to call her mad cow. I have nothing but hate for every vile thing that spews from this woman's mouth. But like I said I was sadden that i found myself in agreement with her.

here the link its kinda long video, and she makes some good points. the part that made me think about the hypocrisy, is near the end where she talks about the media.

www.msnbc.msn.com... /#43434957

Could it be that all the politicians, that called for him to resign had their fingers up listening to the media to see which way the wind was blowing.

Now if this doesn't show the hypocrisy, and double standard in which the democrats come from. Not only the dems but all politicians . I don't think nothing will.

So lets hear what you think and let the flaming begin

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I think he should have stayd in and not quit. His progressive rants were amusing, and he would have been a constant reminder to all politicians who act inapropriately. It would have been a beautiful reminder to all that voted for him, that THIS is the person to whom YOU chose to be your voice in D.C..
The problem with these pathetic wretches, is that their egos won't allow them to lose based on their moral ambiguity.

And before the progs jump in. . . . this rant goes out to ALL politicians.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
When you become a representative "of the people", you represent all of them in your district. This is not about it being "his business". Everything a Congressman does is public, and they are held to a higher standard than a regular Joe. Like it or not, that's how it is. He abused his power as a leader, and now he's paying for it. As he should. I'm glad he stepped down and took responsibility.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

well how come the same standard was not held for bill clinton, or any of the others that maddow mentions
if you remember during clintons time, private life was used as much as any thing else

edit on 17-6-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If congressman Wiener had told the truth, instead of blantenly lying to the entire media and the population of the country, it may have turned out differet. But lied to the media, he lied to his constiuents and most of all he started to slander people who had absolutely nothing to do with his actions. Ultimately, he did that to himself and it should serve as a reminder to all those in the halls of power that they should stand to a higher standard than the very population that they are suppose to serve.
And this is a first for the Democratic party to turn on one of their own for something to minor and trivial as sexting. It is not like he did not report taxes or cheat or take a bribe, like some sitting congressmen. And while his actions are really not that best for a sitting congressman, the question must remain, what is the other side of the coin. He quit too easily, and this is to try and hush up real quick, what else is going on behind the scenes?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by The Old American

well how come the same standard was not held for bill clinton, or any of the others that maddow mentions
if you remember during clintons time, private life was used as much as any thing else

Clinton was no different. He should've stepped down, as well. I don't care who it is. When you are representative of the people, keep your damned wick dry and do your job.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
this nation has lost its moral compass.

to true that events like weiner are on both sides of the aisle however the blantant hypocrisy of the people and media

is infuriating when it comes to congressman its not a question of its just their districts they write laws and policies that effect us all in this country so when i hear people say its none of anyone business who doesnt live there well its very much our business.

the fact of the matter is left right scandals are handled differently and seen in the weiner scandal he did no wrong

put and R in front of their names and they are scumbags and they are gone within a day of the "news" coming out.

but that also extends to politicians and the people of this country too many people are going around saying "do what i say not what i do"

and that is the reason this country has become so messed up we have become a voyeuristic society where everyones bedrooms is everyone elses business but that wasnt the problem here its he lied and tried to make someone else the scapegoat.

a classic trait of a poltician they all will try to save their own butts instead of doing the right thing.

but in my 40 years i have never seen a politiican ever do the right thing.

and that people is how we ended up where we have the united selfish states of america instead of the united selfless states of america that is if we ever truly were.

edit on 17-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Weiner had some full frontal nude shots floating around the net. He was right to resign this was a huge distraction that he could never have lived down. I bet every couple of months somebody who didnt agree with him wouldve plastered the net with those pics. Once its on the internet theres no getting rid of it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
If congressman Wiener had told the truth, instead of blantenly lying to the entire media and the population of the country, it may have turned out differet. But lied to the media, he lied to his constiuents and most of all he started to slander people who had absolutely nothing to do with his actions.

Ahh, let's not forget Clinton wagging his finger in our faces demanding we listen to him when he told us he did not have sexual relations with Monica.

I clearly remember the liberals cheering Clinton with phrases like "he's just a regular guy" and "this proves he's just human" like he was some kind of hero for what he did.

Odd how things change.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

i did not have sex relations with that woman, now i have to get back to work. remember that.
but of course oral sex is not sex right. i think bill lied too. and how many others have lied?
and like you i thought he gave kinda quick to, and wonder what might be going on in the back ground.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Yes that is true, but then again, Clinton did survive the impeachment and with a congress that had a majority of republicans sitting.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
1) Clinton was too big to lose. the dems could afford to lose one congressman but not the pres.
2) Clinton much more popular than AW, with the media as well as the pols.
the media and dems didn't mind digging into AW, esp after he called reporters in his office and lied to them. BC they didn't want to go after as much.
one legitimate rape accusation should have banished BC from public life forever.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

the house voted to impeach, the senate acquitted him.

from the origanal wiki link i posted

The perjury charge failed with 45 senators (all Republican) voting "guilty" and 55 senators (45 Democrats and 10 Republicans) voting "not guilty". The obstruction of justice charge failed with 50 senators (all Republican) voting "guilty" and 50 senators (45 Democrats and five Republicans) voting "not guilty". In both cases, a two-thirds majority of 67 senators would have been required for conviction.

so it was republican led congress,
how the republicans that voted not guilty on the perjury charge after the facts of the dna on her dress
was put forth.
it just makes you wonder if hillary had found something in the fbi files that she had in her possession.
or have every body forgotten about how she demanded that files be turned over to her, like she was the president.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

i believe that puala jones was telling the truth, i also believe the woman that said he attacked her in the hotel when he was the governor. i cant remember her name, but if you saw the inter views she did with was it barbra walters or daine sawyer, the woman was much more believable than puala jones was.
there was also the state troopers who said bill was there that day.

top topics

join