It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOD Project to Create a Virus to Modify Human Behavior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Are you Religious ?

DOD is working on creating virus to “CURE” your insanity.

The Evil that lives inside the Pentagon is mind boggling.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Posted already

This is a hoax, the guy talking isnt talking about religion and vaccines, someone has dubbed it over the top.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That darn search button only ever works for me hahahaha
edit on 17-6-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

aww damn, it was a hoax?!

So much for hope...

Anyhow, it was a good idea...maybe someone can follow up on it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Just spit coffee on the screen...dang you SaturnFX!!!! Happens at least once a week reading ATS.

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Just spit coffee on the screen...dang you SaturnFX!!!! Happens at least once a week reading ATS.

CJ

Perhaps a sneeze guard for your monitor?

-ponders a new sales product-

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So, you're all for forcefully changing people's minds when it comes to their beliefs? Using underhanded and dangerous means to bring them around to your way of thinking?
And you think you're better than any religious extremist? Ha!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wanders

So, you're all for forcefully changing people's minds when it comes to their beliefs? Using underhanded and dangerous means to bring them around to your way of thinking?

Yes, I am for it
After all, faith comes from God, not from the brain...so, this treatment will only "fix" the delusional and ones that haven't been given the redeeming blessings of the lord, but instead, are just brain damaged violent lunatics

All for it, a-yup.

and if an atheist is showing signs of violent delusional behavior, same thing...if its spiritual, it won't change their perception...if its just a brain disorder, it will be corrected.

Are you saying that religious experiences are simply a brain issue more than a spiritual issue? what little faith you have

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I'm saying it's ethically and morally bankrupt to physically and forcefully change a person's mind simply because they don't agree with you.

Whether or not a belief in God originates in the mind or comes from the spirit is irrelevant. I have no way of knowing where it comes from. I can only guess.
However, when it comes to matters of personal spirituality, or lack thereof, I have the right to think what I'd like, just like you do.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'm saying it's ethically and morally bankrupt to physically and forcefully change a person's mind simply because they don't agree with you.

Whether or not a belief in God originates in the mind or comes from the spirit is irrelevant. I have no way of knowing where it comes from. I can only guess.
However, when it comes to matters of personal spirituality, or lack thereof, I have the right to think what I'd like, just like you do.

Unless it leads to murder of course.
Actually, I am on principle, against such measures unless it is on a convicted prisoner and this was something they personally accepted to reduce their sentence...then I am all for it. It is a nice thought to have some sort of virus that makes people...stop killing other people and be reasonable...however, as you point out, there is a humanistic and freedom consideration here...

I would like it at the very least, available to the public to willingly take it...consider it a test of faith...have this treatment and know if your just brain damaged or if god is really instructing you sort of thing..but ya, it needs to be done freely. altering ones mindset sort of kills off the person they were (even if the person they were is an incredible jerk).

anyhow, its a hoax...so the discussion is moot and this thread should probably close. I like the concept of the world becoming moderate and focused on improving life verses living for death...but implementation certainly warrents a philosophical discussion.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Well, of course unless it leads to murder. If it leads to murder you're not making a personal decision, you're making a decision for someone else. That, as you can see, I don't at all agree with.

As for someone volunteering? I suppose I agree with you for the most part. So long as they know exactly what they are agreeing to. That goes for any mind/body altering procedure.

But, you're right. It's a hoax so no need to go too deeply in to it. Just an interesting idea to discuss/debate. I can imagine things like this aren't too far in to our future!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Yes, I am for it
After all, faith comes from God, not from the brain...so, this treatment will only "fix" the delusional and ones that haven't been given the redeeming blessings of the lord, but instead, are just brain damaged violent lunatics

All for it, a-yup.

and if an atheist is showing signs of violent delusional behavior, same thing...if its spiritual, it won't change their perception...if its just a brain disorder, it will be corrected.

Are you saying that religious experiences are simply a brain issue more than a spiritual issue? what little faith you have

Its posts like this out of you that I enjoy Mr Saturn
A little thinking outside of the box would do ATSers some good.

Forget the sneeze guard, start giving "outta da box" classes. It would make discussions here much more entertaining!

new topics

top topics

join