It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Taxpayers Could Be On the Hook for Iraq's Missing Billions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
for years we have been hearing about the billions and billions of dollars that has been going missing in Iraq either Iraqi money and now oil money.

Where all the money has gone, beside believing that is been all gone on briberies I can imagine some financing of terrorism itself benefiting from this money.

But I could be mistaken.

For nearly a decade, U.S. military operations in the Middle East - Iraq in particular - have been criticized as a cumbersome and costly burden on the American taxpayer.

That accusation gained new credence this week when the Pentagon finally acknowledged that nearly $7 billion of Iraqi oil money might have been stolen.

This time Iraq is suing US for that money

And what's worse is that the U.S. taxpayer could end up paying for the mistake.

moneymorning.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Recall the lack of a post invasian plan by the Bush Administration?
Perhaps this news is exposing their secret plan all along.
Bush bought a huge plantation in Uraguay at the same time of the theft.
Cheny may have his own DUMB in Wyoming using the stolen money.
As an American taxpayer, hold the leadership of that war accountable.
edit on 17-6-2011 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Actually it was under Bush administration that more billions of US tax payer money went missing than actually Iraqi billions.

No accountability, poor planing and everybody dipping into the money pot.

The Bush administration fraud against the tax payer during the Iraqi invasion was criminal but nobody has been made to pay for the mistake just the tax payer as usual is now left with the debt.

Pentagon officials determined that one giant C-130 Hercules cargo plane could carry $2.4 billion in shrink-wrapped bricks of $100 bills. They sent an initial full planeload of cash, followed by 20 other flights to Iraq by May 2004 in a $12-billion haul that U.S. officials believe to be the biggest international cash airlift of all time

From the link.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Ugh, I'm sick of being an American. I'm moving

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It wasn't a mistake! the money was looted to Dubai by the regime and the corrupt players within it! along with the bent players in the US Army / Government etc,

The mistake was believing 9/11 was instigated by Bib Laden!

George Bush Snr & Dick Cheney should be in the gallows for the mass genocide of innocents

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
So they'll call up the fed to print another 7 billion dollars and charge this to the mythical tax payer. If they actually give it the light of day, I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The Airforce missle into the Accounting Department did the trick all right...don't mess with their stash!!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
When you think about it, I suppose it would be easy enough for the people whose hands all that cash passed through to just each take a few bundles. I mean, it's not as if it's being counted at every transfer to be sure it's all there.

Let's see $10,000 per $100-brick. 2,400,000,000 divided by 10,000 = 240,000 bricks. Of $100 bills. Jeez. Yeah. I can see a few of them going missing at every stop....

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Exactly, why in God's name they used cash? because it wasn't easily traceable and most of that money like another poster said end up in everybody's pocket.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
it will be payed for by the middle class and poor by either raising their taxes or cutting programs that help them.

We must, however, leave Wall street alone. They need a few more billion to create a few jobs.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Funneled out by TPTB!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I think that all US American tax payer should be asking for accountability of what is been one of the biggest fiasco in our nations history after Vietnam.

Two wars, an unsustainable deficit, an economic downfall and still the tax payer to pay for all of it, we didn't ask for no stinking wars we didn't ask for not bailouts, but it doesn't matter what we want is what the elite leaching the nation wants.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Fantastic. This on the heels of the news regarding BP as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Wait for Greek to officially default in their trillions of debt, is seems that 3 major US institutions will be getting a hit along with the EU.

Is going to be very hard to live by in the great USA.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I think that all US American tax payer should be asking for accountability of what is been one of the biggest fiasco in our nations history after Vietnam.

Two wars, an unsustainable deficit, an economic downfall and still the tax payer to pay for all of it, we didn't ask for no stinking wars we didn't ask for not bailouts, but it doesn't matter what we want is what the elite leaching the nation wants.

Everything you had just mentioned was directly engineered by them exclusively. If we dare to question or rise up this nation will continue to fall. That is why we have taken our revolt digital as it makes it just that much harder to track us down and prevents them from getting us in an open space packed like sardines so that they can't pick us off one by one. The internet and personal computer (or whatever device you use to connect to the internet) are the most dangerous weapons ever conceived. Let's use this medium as often as we can until they pry it from our dead hands.

BTW, since The US Congress did not authourize the taxpayer, the nation nor the US Federal Gov't to be on the hook for one red cent of this debt means unequivocally that we aren't paying a penny and to whoever thinks otherwise is sorely mistaken and flat out dead wrong.

ONLY AN ACT OF THE US CONGRESS CAN ADD TO THE DEBT~ THIS IS LAW SO NO ADDITIONS TO THE DEBT WILL OCCUR AS A RESULT!
edit on 21-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Thanks for the tip I wasn't aware of that, I mean that we can not add to the debt, unless is by congress, but right now the debt ceiling is going to be raised or the government will not be able to continue working.

Plus if we have to be for the Iraqi debt probably it will be taken from, again more programs that already has been slashed.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Thanks for the tip I wasn't aware of that, I mean that we can not add to the debt, unless is by congress, but right now the debt ceiling is going to be raised or the government will not be able to continue working.

Plus if we have to be for the Iraqi debt probably it will be taken from, again more programs that already has been slashed.

Your welcome, plus remember 43's original agreement that said that we would not be on the hook for it? This deal and agreement is still intact and iron clad. Star for you!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Sometimes even laws can be modified, but I wonder what the contingency plan will be in place in case US needs more money for another economic catastrophe, after all with Greek defaulting on their debt we may have again the too big to fail in need of bailout.

edit on 21-6-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
That tiny amount lost pales in comparison to the Trillions lost by Defense Contractors over there.

That's where the REAL auditing should be done. I know a guy that went over there and only work 8 months and came back with enough money to pay cash for his home.

$185,000. Plus he had money left over for a new SUV.

We've been robbed.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I know exactly what you are talking about my husband is a contractor, he was offered the chance to work oversea and make in a few months what he makes in years, but the living conditions where not very attractive to him after been in the middle east during desert storm, he knows the hardships.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join