It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivalist are crazy!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I am not self proclaimed anything, I know where I've been and what I've done.
You don't need my aproval for anything, I wanted to know why, you wanted our info, so you could tell us if we are or aren't something...
Sorry if you have thin skin but I don't want or need aproval from anyone for anything, and the only person you have to prove yourself to...is yourself.

The OP is wanting to get he/she it's ...post count up and wanting to stir the sheetpot...so he is as worthless as tits on a bull...or its a government agent wanting to get info on us....oh no..

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why I live the survivalist lifestyle....

!996...had my hand turned can opener, my tarps, my canned foods...my wind up radio and flashlights, my water, first aid kit, and I lived in town then...... Hurricane Fran hits NC...we were without electricity for 9 days. We did fine....not a moments skip in habits or lifestyle...we did grill a lot. BUT, many of my neighbors stood in 95 degree lines waiting for water...ice...vouchers.... and many got hurt using chainsaws they had never used before and then didn't have enough sense to mend themselves...Ye, but of course I helped them as much as they woulod let me. They didn't make fun of my camo pick up anymore either.

2001...Y2K...yeah, my neighbor laughed also. I had stored all kinds of goodies...matches, firewood, batteries, food, water, the usual outfit....Y2K came and went...my neighbor sarcastically asked..."so, what ya gonna do with your stash?" Well...I replied..."it may come in handy if we have a hurricane or a blizzard. "Yeah, but what are the chances of that happening?" Two weeks later we got a 2 foot snow in NC...biggest in decades. The state shut down for 3 days... guess who knocked on my door by day #2?

These are just 2 of many like examples of why we prepare...maybe not Nibiru or Planet X or the antichrist...but thats ok, cause it will snow again and we will have more ice storms and hurricanes and power outages...and probably another deptression.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I agree. It's a way of life. We grew up canning, gardening, preserving, and with snow/ice storms, power outages, tornados, etc. We grew up taking care of ourselves. Our parents and grandparents went through the great depression and brought us from babies up to rely on no one but ourselves. We don't "prepare". We live prepared for just about anything that interupts the "normal" way of life. Its second nature to some of us because its all we've ever known.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I really don't know how you factor in to the question I am trying to ask the OP.
It seems you think I am somehow asking you to prove something to somebody
or that I am somehow interested in your thoughts and ideas.

I don't know who you are or who you pretend to be and I don't really care either.
Whatever your problem is, it isn't with me.
I am racking my brain trying to figure out why you think you are in any way a part of or factor into the question I am asking the OP.

My question is to the OP and only the OP.
I don't understand your ability to speak for the op and answer questions for the OP.

Now then,
TO THE OP AND ONLY THE OP........

Define survivalist for me if you would be so kind.
I would like to know if your definition of survivalist is a literal one or one that was invented by you.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
prepared for what? you have no idea.

Anything. This society hangs on a string, a network of webs actually, and it can be reduced to rubble at any time.
Its not about 2012, its being self sufficient if you can and have the money to stock up, its a good thing to be prepared.

I agree that ARK means acts of random kindness. All the tithes in all the corrupt churches, (and did you know that they actually fund paramilitary and mercenaries and corruption with some of those donations?) if people only took the best out of all the religions, the unconditional love and peace, understanding parts, and didn't give money to churches, but used that to actually redistribute, we change the world.

Did you know that most of the charities use 95% or more of the money to fund themselves and many at the top draw huge incomes. Its a corporate career to not help others, but have a few up front.

Did you know that the same survival skills we need:

ie. land donated. Clean energy such as solar, wind, TESLA COILS, hydrogen, devices that can be built in backyards and garages and often with recycled bits, and many other simple devices such as sterling engines, parabolic mirrors can be donated and heritage seeds, aquaponics, farming, clean drinking water, enviro friendly homes such as earthship recycled homes, tools, technology, is just as applicable for saving the third world people from starvation as from us.

Just think what a whole city or region self sufficient awake and aware can do, if it adopts a whole regions and works with groups in poor countries without middle men.

Like those orphans on the streets of the phillipines who are rounded up in the night and shot to hide them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46556f619b57.jpg[/atsimg]

I envison having caring people with eco farms there taking them in in small groups, family groups of 10 say, in group homes, with internet, and not only having shifts of stable, no turnovers, caring people donating their time to help, but they could be chatting to other caring people with video and mikes on skype and really start to learn: art, poetry, music, caring for plants, growing food, hobbies, and being children again.

No slavery: www.slavefreechocolate.org...

I really think you misunderstand survivalism and sovereignity and what awareness means.

Planet X. Well there are cycles, and that is a mystery. Its not what people think either, but then again, just about all the things that could collapse the world and cause massive die offs are actually the doings of the globalists/elites.

And they have many projects and plans, they could run with any one of them. There are also checks and balances but some of it is determined by the awareness, and consciousness of the people.

So if you think everything is all right, there is no corrupton, wars are OK, starvation is OK, its not done by intent, and you let all their criminal corporate bills and statues slip through, you actually, through law of consequence, inherit fascism and oppression, and murder of civilians, in additon shrink your own consciousness.

So survival is more than just preparing for a comet, or planet X, or the new baby earth, because quite frankly, that isnt a survival moment, its a dvd ending moment, and a transformation. So if that doesnt happen we still have NWO and injustice, wars, starvation and their complete ownership of all the resouces, land and seeds of the earth.

And survivalists say, NO to all of that.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
. < snip > All the tithes in all the corrupt churches, (and did you know that they actually fund paramilitary and mercenaries and corruption with some of those donations?) if people only took the best out of all the religions, the unconditional love and peace, understanding parts, and didn't give money to churches, but used that to actually redistribute, we change the world. < snip >

If those churches would actually read their bible they would know that the bulk of their tithes were to go to the poor, the sojourner (homeless) the widows and the fatherless in their communities...not pad the bank accounts of their church or these other things of which you speak.

Imagine what good could come from directly helping those less fortunate, right in their own backyards?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Let's not get too far off topic, Please.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

Hopefully I am not off topic but I personally am becoming more intrigued with the survivalist way of life. I have been looking around at my life and have realized that I am not prepared to care for my family as well as I should be. The survivalists that live in compounds and go to extremes are the ones people mainly hear about. The survivalists that are prepared to take care of their own are the ones I admire and would like to learn from more. A survivalist to me is someone who can weather an emergency. Why would someone who can take care of themselves be labeled as crazy?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by saltdog

I really don't know how you factor in to the question I am trying to ask the OP.
It seems you think I am somehow asking you to prove something to somebody
or that I am somehow interested in your thoughts and ideas.

I don't know who you are or who you pretend to be and I don't really care either.
Whatever your problem is, it isn't with me.
I am racking my brain trying to figure out why you think you are in any way a part of or factor into the question I am asking the OP.

My question is to the OP and only the OP.
I don't understand your ability to speak for the op and answer questions for the OP.

Now then,
TO THE OP AND ONLY THE OP........

Define survivalist for me if you would be so kind.
I would like to know if your definition of survivalist is a literal one or one that was invented by you.

i define survivalist as one who holds to end of the world scenarios of any kind. If you read conspiracy forums, believe in a NWO, and think that the USA will spectacularly collapse in a day or two you are survivalist. If you think that you will live like rambo you are a survivalist. if you hoard years of food and water and guns you are a crazy survivalist.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
i define survivalist as one who holds to end of the world scenarios of any kind. If you read conspiracy forums, believe in a NWO, and think that the USA will spectacularly collapse in a day or two you are survivalist. If you think that you will live like rambo you are a survivalist. if you hoard years of food and water and guns you are a crazy survivalist.

Why are you on this site, if what you posted above is what you think? Its a survivalist forum jack azz.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory
edit on Mon Jun 20 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think it's crazy being dependant on corporations for your survival.

When they want to sacrifice your children one day to their God, you won't have a choice.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

Matthew 13, Yeshua/Jesus hints very strongly for everyone to pray for their sight to be healed, for awareness, to take the world out of their eyes, including religious leaders. We are to see through the world and its traps. Giving money away to anyone and trusting it to go where we wish is not wise, we need to do it with groups of citizens without the middle men.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by saltdog

Does a person need to perform ALL of these tasks together or can any ONE of these things qualify him as a survivalist?

By the way.............YOU read conspiracy forums sooooo.........if you need only to posess ONE of these characteristics then.......You are a self defined survivalist!

Now then,
if you need ALL of these characteristics in order to apply to your definition of survivalist then I am safe because....
I only keep 6 months of food on hand and I don't hoard YEARS of guns either.....whatever that means. I only have 3 guns. That hardly qualifies as YEARS worth of guns, wouldn't you agree?

Now then, ammo is a whole different topic.
How much ammo is one allowed to possess in order to still be underneath the standards which would qualify him
as a survivalist?

It might seem like I am being a smart ass but I assure you I am not. I am simply tryng to figure out if YOU even know your OWN definitions to the words you use!!!!!!
You say a certain group of people are "CRAZY" but then offer very little to go off of in order to see if WE
might fall in that catagory. Your definition is the only thing that is "CRAZY" so far.
I mean, can anyone honestly tell me that they have ever even heard of someone hoarding YEARS worth of guns???? How many guns is that???

PLEASE answer these questions and clarify!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 23-6-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Edit to add,
I subscribe to an end of the world scenario.
I know that scientists tell us that one day,billions of years from now, our sun WILL burn out. WHEN this happens,it will effectively be the end of the world. ALL life on this planet will cease to exist.
By YOUR definition, this makes me a survivalist, does it not???
Please explain.

Remember, we are only using YOUR definition here.
If you would like to revise your definition plese feel free to do so now.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Hey, Screwed...
I think they must not know what a gun is...well unless a years worth of guns...is like a years worth of milk...in that case, uummm I guess I am not a survivalist, cuz I don't buy 3-4 guns a week...like I do gallons of milk...LOL

I would be curious to know the meaning of...liberal, tree hugging, panty waist, that depends on the system for survival and hand outs......I would say that is the OP.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

It is possible that this person is referring to disposable guns which are only good for one shot a piece.
In this case I can see why a survivalist would want to hoard several years worth of guns.
I however, am safe because I only own about a days worth of guns thus, putting me WELL under the qualification for survivalist set forth by the OP.

Personally,
My definiation for survivalist, if anyone is interested, is a pretty simple one.

Survivalist - (noun) Anyone who wishes to survive.

Under MY definition....ALL of us are survivalists!! Some of us are just better at it than others and some of us just get MORE carried away with it than others. But hey, what do I know? Well, I at least know my own definitions to the words that I use!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The sound of gunfire puts me to sleep at night when the Army guys do their weekly training, does that make me crazy??

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join