It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Option to Remove Flags, Like Edit Option

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Has anyone considered an option to remove flags? The concept would be you have a window of time (ie 60 minutes) to remove a flag you have given, for whatever reason. Like the edit function has a four hour window of time, giving users even a ten minute window to remove a flag might be something to consider.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Interesting concept, an "Unflag" button.

There have been times when I've wished I could unflag a post...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yeah, I havebeen sucked in by what I thought was a great topic and hit the flag button way too quick! It is not a big deal int he scheme of things, but it would be a nice option. Also some people have accidentally flagged when they wanted to press another button.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't think it's important enough to worry about. The last thing in life I'm going to regret is a spasmodically precipitous thread flagging. If that what you worry about, hey, sweet life you must have!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Just forget about those damn flags Tater, they are just plain silly!

I give flags and stars both here & there all over the place, and to almost anyone (especially new members with few flags) and for very little reasons - I press those small buttons like a monkey on crack!

What can I say, I get some weird kick out of clicking those silly digital buttons and lit the stars! it's soothing! lol!

And now I'm gonna star & flag this thread, even that I don't agree with you 100% about the unflag thingy!

ETA: Oh crap! I can't star any posts in this thread - What A Major Disappointment!

edit on 17-6-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
On a personal level, I have never needed to or wanted to remove a flag I gave.... I don't give them unless I feel 100% sure that they deserve one....

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Many times good threads are started, flagged, and then discredited shortly after. Then a little while later it comes out that the person starting the thread was absolutely right, and the people discrediting the thread were wrong. With what you are saying a person would be going back and forth with flags depending on the current information available.

To me it's better to hold off on comments and flags until you are sure you want to give one, rather than deleting once you give them.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I dont go by flags when it comes to a thread. I have flagged threads that turned out to be silly but I don't want to take it back. I flagged it so more people could see it and maybe get an answer.

I flag for good content and for threads I think need more peoples attention to get an answer and if it turns out to be crap well then I got what I was looking for.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I completely understand. Those flags are important and when you get enough of them you can cash them in for great prizes. No sense in squandering a valuable commodity like flags and stars on an internet post or thread.

edit on 18-6-2011 by whaaa because: you been flagged hbt!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

On a personal level, I have never needed to or wanted to remove a flag I gave.... I don't give them unless I feel 100% sure that they deserve one....

Now see, I'm not that sure about anything in life. I no sooner take a bite of my pancakes when I'm wishing I'd have cooked scrambled eggs for breakfast instead.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChevalerousETA: Oh crap! I can't star any posts in this thread - What A Major Disappointment!

I was going to star your post, but then realized what you too realized...

2nd line

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Maybe we should also have the Anti-Flag option along with the Flag; where by we can see where someone got X amount of Flags and as the thread develops we see there are X amount of "Anti-Flags"; when the AF exceeds the F, then we know to steer clear of the madness within!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants

Originally posted by ChevalerousETA: Oh crap! I can't star any posts in this thread - What A Major Disappointment!

I was going to star your post, but then realized what you too realized...

2nd line

Haha! yeah!

I give 93 stars for that post and for all other posts in this thread, please split them up equally among the thread participants!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/888a17e0bac5.jpg[/atsimg]

*Leaving the thread quickly to star & flag threads again. Gah!...so many threads to star & flag, but so little time!*

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I completely understand. Those flags are important and when you get enough of them you can cash them in for great prizes. No sense in squandering a valuable commodity like flags and stars on an internet post or thread.

edit on 18-6-2011 by whaaa because: you been flagged hbt!
That's right dagnabbit!!! LOL!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here is a good example of why an Anti-Flag System should be utilized: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Negative Flagging can ultimately save my last brain cell!

new topics

top topics

join