It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urine Trouble: Peeing in the Mt. Tabor Reservoir Costs the City $35,000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I run by this occasionally. There are ducks on the water, and other things (like other animals and old bicycles). (It is Portland so there has to be a bird on it
)
There are signs on the fences that inform us not to pollute because "this is your drinking water"... and I think Portland's drinking duck broth

But I wonder if this is a more calculated move. There has been a push in the past to have money spent to cover this water source... I think they even, at one point, raised the concern of terrorism by polluting the drinking water. I could see someone using this incident as an argument to champion that cause again. Not that that argument would make any sense.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Firstly this is just sick and yet hilarious I mean Whaaaa O_o'''

Honestly who in the right mind would do such a thing and the thing is that does not make sense why has this not been spotted by the health department earlier.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is practically nothing compared to what gets into Chicago's reservoir. (Or pretty much any major city along the Great Lakes.) Not just what birds, fish, and swimmers do on occasion... And guess where Milwaukee's sewage goes when there's too much rain to process it all? (Chicago's sewage doesn't as it goes into the river, and eventually somebody down the Mississippi gets to enjoy it. But the Milwaukee funk can still make it over to their neighbors.) And I'm sure many other cities in the region have the same failings.

Of course this is why municipalities or county governments spend a whole lot of money on water treatment plants. If they're doing their job, the funk in the water isn't going to be coming out of the tap. (At least in any reasonably measurable quantity.)

These people here worrying about some bum are a tad too up tight. One guy taking a leak isn't going to do much more than what any birds or fish may be contributing. (Now if it was thousands and thousands of people like the Ganges, than that's another story.)

<< 1   >>

join