It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Why Aren’t You Speaking English?”

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scoriada
Seriously? You have been in the country for 23 YEARS and you still feel more comfortable speaking Spanish? You're either LAZY or STUPID or both.

Nah, he is just ahead of the curve in preparing for Aztlan.

This is just one of several aspects of the coming civil war.

2 counties of one state are already off limits to US citizens.

How long til most of that state is off limits to anglos ???

As a native american I can see both sides of this situation,
but I am totally against how this is going to go down.

Also these ppl in "La Raza" aka "The race" are pretty much
hispanic nazi's and one is on the supreme court of the US.

If you think you can cowboy your way through what is coming
your just gonna end up with a toe tag.

If your in the SW and you want to live for sure, you better
get the hell out of there.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Wait, aren't you the one who picked the NCLR.org page?

Nope, you did..look below.

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Man you need to look around and gah.... you are an idiot.

Hundreds of thousands of Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodians, and other people of Eastern Asian origin come here every year. They pay thousands to get shipped here in containers on cargo boats.

A lot of those browned skinned people you are calling "Mexicans" are from Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatamala, Honduras, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua.

People come here illegally from all over the world. It isn't a problem from just Mexico. I've known illegals from Haiti, Moroco, Vietnam, Liberia, and even Poland.

I hate when people say it is a Mexican problem. There is a small minority of Mexicans that are very vocal about the situation. The have a view of things based on a history of North America that is part true and part fantasy. However, that does not mean that illegal imigration is purely a Mexican problem.

Mike, I'm sorry to say that the biggest problem is people from Mexico who believe that the Southwest is their native Aztec land and that it still belongs to them. They believe in Reconcquista, which is to say they believe in reclaiming the land we Europeans supposedly stole from them(even though the US govt paid Mexico for the land after winning the war). La Voz de la Raza means the Voice of the Race. (which race do you think that means?) The man is protesting some kind of statute which he feels is unfair to his immgrant friends and family and presumably illegals. I am betting that La Raza is behind this. And probably Soros too, as he funds anything that would destroy American sovereignty, including programs which give financial and legal aid to illegals. You and others here ought to do some homework on this subject.

In fact I'll give you some help. And for the record, at their rallies these people burn the American flag and/or turn it upside down and place it under the flag of Mexico. Many are communists/Leninist/Marxist/Pro Che Guevara.They have utter contempt for other Americans and our way of life. They should assimilate but they don't want to. Even more radical is the group M.E.Ch.A
www.mayorno.com...

www.nclr.org...

www.humanevents.com...

not incensed over a bunch of thugs putting the American flag upside down under the Mexican flag,

Not really. I'm more incensed over the 435 thugs who have put our nation in a bad situation and who constantly refuse to address the real issues that face this nation.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by matito

Also, this failure to speak English is not just isolated to Mexicans or Central Americans. I've met immigrants from other countries that speak less English than the man in the video. And most of them are legalized US citizens. I always wonder how that happened. The failure with most Immigration issues almost always fall back to poor immigration legislation. The same politicians complaining about this mans English are the sames ones softening up laws that allowed him to become a legalized US citizen. They should be criticizing themselves. They are the true idiots.

sssshhhhhhhhh!!! Your supposed to be criticizing the man, not giving the real reasons why many immigrants don't speak English.

for your post.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Oh yah you are right. But then you flapped it in my face in your next post to me and asked if I read it. The reason for posting their own pages is so that people know what their agenda is. I also posted the MECHA pages as well. Don't you think you should know what people are doing when they are involved in anti-American activities? Of course La Raza is going to paint themselves all nice and pretty. But then you see them at the rallies preaching hatred of gringos.
So don't even lecture me. I know where you are coming from.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

No lecture. Just a difference of opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

No lecture. Just a difference of opinion.

oh yah, you're lecturing me on the Constitution, you are lecturing me on diversity, you are even lecturing me on how to post here, by telling me I'm biased by posting a conservative blog, even when I posted NCLRs own page. I would have thought you would appreciate the balanced approach to posting websites.

But for the record here is what MECHA says

"Chicano is our identity; it defines who we are as people. It rejects the notion that we...should assimilate into the Anglo-American melting pot...Aztlan was the legendary homeland of the Aztecas ... It became synonymous with the vast territories of the Southwest, brutally stolen from a Mexican people marginalized and betrayed by the hostile custodians of the Manifest Destiny." (Statement on University of Oregon MEChA Website, Jan. 3, 2006)

www.sodahead.com... 89/

And now I am done talking to you. I am for diversity but not for this reconquista baloney. There are also hard core communists and Marxists and Leninists mixed in. Maybe what you want is a little of that great military dictatorship like in Nicaragua. How about the machetes of the Mara Salvatruch gangs of El Slavador.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Language divides, and isolates groups from each other. With Mexicans, it keeps them down and out of opportunities. When they half-learn English, it makes them sound unintelligent and seem only capable of menial jobs. Many in L.A.where I grew up talked and behaved like 'Cheech'.from 'Cheech and Chong'.

First public schools in the US were to get all those european immigrants to speak one language.

One language, one country.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
After reading only 3 pages of this thread I have this to say:

Everyone should be required to learn every language currently being spoken. That way everyone knows exactly what everyone else is talking about.

Down with the language barrier!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This reply is about your post:

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I see this all over here in Florida.

Many people who are here are older and refuse to speak English. They feel we should learn Spanish, uh sorry no you learn English and then I might consider Spanish. My sisters bf's family is like this esp his mother. She has been here for over 20yrs and still doesn't speak English and gets upset that nobody speaks Spanish and feels they should know it. Another friend of mine her husbands family is like this as well. His sisters aren't bad about it but his parents and extended family are.

Sorry but if you are in this country for that long there is no excuse other than refusal to learn the language. IF I lived somewhere for a month I could get along just fine. I learned a few basics while in Italy for three weeks, if I had an extended stay there I would have picked up enough conversational Italian to go out on my own.

I don't know why it is so hard for these people to learn English when they come here. They want the "dream" but refuse to speak the majority language of the country they move to. If I moved to any country I'd make it a point to learn their language and I wouldn't expect them to learn mine before I learned theirs!

To me it's about respect and they don't seem to have it.
edit on 6/17/2011 by mblahnikluver because: spelling

Segments:

I don't know why it is so hard for these people to learn English when they come here. They want the "dream" but refuse to speak the majority language of the country they move to

They already HAVE the dream in their country in Mexico. Mexico is not a 3rd world country compared to Somalia or Haiti, they can do alot in their country, they can either find jobs there or start their own business. Most of them own houses their with enough acres to host a mini farm just for their own family providing food without having to be hired for money (and in some cases exploited when they come here illegally) for them to be able to purchase these foods.

Do you want to know exactly what's the problem with Mexico? Delinquency rate is going high, gangs are rising there, specially their stupid MS13 gang is becoming or has become a national thread to all law abiding citizens of Mexico, and most law abiding, honest people in Mexico wants to escape from that kind of reality and live here in the USA.

If there were daily shooting and killings down your block where you live, wouldn't you want to escape from that as well?

Now, we ask ourselves, WHY has Mexico turned that way, and here is my exact, precise answer:
The Global Demoralization of the World Society. You see? Things like:
*Reggaeton Music (spanish for Reggae Music) (very popular not only in mexico, but nost latin american countries, and of course, in the USA*
*Hip Hop music
*Rap Music
*Junk Foods such as Mc. Donald's
*Artificial colorants such as Sintheric Red #40
*Aspartame
*Vaccinations (trading your intelligence to trying to be immune to illnesses created by the Evil empires with the purposes of you being controlled much easier)

I could go on into explaining why Mexico is in the current state it is.
This situation doesn't only stop at Mexico, if you research other countries, you will find similar situation, where ever junk music is prevalent, so violence will be prevalent as well. These junk music talks about negativity, and repairing so much negative words, or suggestions to your subconscious is not going to do the listener any good.

The only solution to this problem that I can see is if, some how, the world abstain from listening to these junk music, starts eating correct and stop believing everything they see on TV or hear on Radio. But, I am not too sure if we have hit the point of no return, only a miracle will save us from this kind of atmosphere.

To me it's about respect and they don't seem to have it.
edit on 6/17/2011 by mblahnikluver because: spelling

I dont think its ok to generalize. I have a friend that is Hispanic and 5 years ago he has given up on junk music and has completely "re-wired" his diet and only eat organic natural foods and he rejects everything that is evil. He today speaks perfect English and is currently learning French via the Internet (PDF books, MP3, etc) and soon he will be speaking a total of 3 languages (English, Spanish and French). I have also seen many other hispanics taking similar paths like my Friend has done. My friend that I told you about is not Mexican, he is Dominican. I am pretty sure there are Mexicans out there taking similar paths that my Dominican friend has taken, rejecting all Evilness all junk music and all of negative influences. Its time that every one in the world (not just Hispanics, Blacks, etc) regain their consciousness and start seeking spiritual evolution and leave everything of negative influence behind. What you, and most ATSer here call the "elite" the illuminati, etc has succeeded in turning the world as deranged as it is now, its time to turn back from that, and start changing for the better.

For starters, I ask of every one to stop doing the following negativities:
*Racism (you might be trying to appart your self from a group or groups of races that you think is the root of all of your problems, but you fail to realize the source in what caused these problems in the first place, and THAT source is what you should be "racist" about, wether that source happens to be the NWO, the "elites" etc. Any elements that tries to corrupt the masses, that is what we should be racist against. I do not believe that just because you happen to be Hispanic, or Black, or Asian, etc you are more prone to Evilness than if you are White, Again, we are dealing with a force that wants to see humanity, including the Whites, either eliminated or as down as possible. Maybe that force happens to be a few group of people that thousands of years have, by chance, found ancient technology, or very powerful objects such as crystals, etc that has enabled them to have an edge over all of use, and saddly these small group of people (commonly called as the "elites") happens to be evil. *Racism was invented by the Evil empires so to keep us apart, confused so we dont get together to think for the better so that it turns much harder to stop these evil entities. Don't continue falling for there trick. Unconditional love to all humanity is part of the conditions or prerequisites if you want to succeed in stopping these evil entities. Remember, without loyal people, they are powerless to continue harming humanity.

*Junk Music.
by all means, lets promote ANTI-junk music, lets explain these junk music listeners why the continued listening to junk music will only make them worse.

*Junk foods.
Lets promote the idea of eating healthy, organic all natural foods. Its one of the only ways we got to increase our intelligence so that way, we can understand what is going on and take actions towards positive.

*Vaccines.
If people more than 2000 years ago were able to live just fine without them, so we don't need them now either. All what vaccines does is cause ADD, Autism, etc with all those Mercury (which is a poison) these vaccines contain.

I hope I have done enough today in raising consciousness about these and many other situations. If we are to live in a positive worlds, we have to fight. And I am not talking about your typical fight that involves weapons, fists, etc I am talking about the fight that involves love, compassion, understanding, abstinence to evil, meditation, DNA activation, Chakra activation, learning about yourself spiritually, connecting with your higher self, etc.

edit on 11/6/18 by CanadaMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Here's more news of leftist activities involving central and S America, and yes its communist agitation

www.cnsnews.com...

and here's the free speech of la Raza

lmliberty.us...

And maybe you guys didn't know that Soros is bankrolling these orgs too

www.nopc.info...

Here's an 08 editorial story on Soros funding La Raza and ACORN
washingtonexaminer.com...
edit on 18-6-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
if only everyone could be run down at least once by someone who cant read a stop sign we'd be set

i also think alot of peoples opinions are shaped by where they live. im curious about where the 'they should learn english' people live as opposed to the 'they can do whatever they want' people

being from southern california less than 30 minutes from the border i experience alot of these issues weekly

im sure someone from north dakota would have a slightly different take
edit on 6/18/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by semicolonsmile
After reading only 3 pages of this thread I have this to say:

Everyone should be required to learn every language currently being spoken. That way everyone knows exactly what everyone else is talking about.

Down with the language barrier!!!

Rule # 3 eh ?

Esperanto for all ?

THE MESSAGE OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

Esperanto - the engineered language

Native speaker Mr. Soros likes your idea !!!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Those who have learned to speak a second language or lived in another country may have a different perspective on this issue.

Language is not so simple to learn and speak it. There is a complex process in learning a language. There are many levels of speaking a language fluently. One can speak fluent conversational English, yet not be able to speak to a doctor since they are lacking the vocabulary of specialized medical terms.

People are confusing legal immigrants with illegal immigrants. There is a big difference between the two groups. Most naturalized citizens I've met can understand my English perfectly. Their English may not be all that great, yet I can still understand and can communicate with them. Most do tend to prefer their native language. Also with most states providing Spanish translations for just about everything, most Hispanic immigrants do not feel the necessity to learn fluent English.

Those who are providing examples of Hispanics that do not understand anything they say are probably dealing with illegal immigrants with very little time in the US.

Legal US Residents are not legally required to learn English, yet they are legally allowed to live and work in the US. Only legalized citizens are required to learn English to become naturalized.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
if only everyone could be run down at least once by someone who cant read a stop sign we'd be set

i also think alot of peoples opinions are shaped by where they live. im curious about where the 'they should learn english' people live as opposed to the 'they can do whatever they want' people

being from southern california less than 30 minutes from the border i experience alot of these issues weekly

im sure someone from north dakota would have a slightly different take
edit on 6/18/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

Well, let me put it this way, there is a difference between Give me your tired your poor your huddled masses yearning to be free the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, send these the homeless tempest tossed to me I lift my lamp beside the golden door, and this nonsense of people refusing to learn the language here and sneaking over the borders and demanding this and that welfare, free healthcare, free education, and every other thing taxpayers pay for and then going to state legislatures to protest the laws and refusing to even testify in English. It's completely obscene that these people are protesting in the streets for free this that and the other thing while burning the American flag. Many are hard core communists, Marxists, and Leninists involved in these illegal rallies and in the school studies at the colleges and Universities.
So mr Semper Fi says oh its free speech, well I'm exercising my free speech too!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by matito

Those who have learned to speak a second language or lived in another country may have a different perspective on this issue.

Language is not so simple to learn and speak it. There is a complex process in learning a language. There are many levels of speaking a language fluently. One can speak fluent conversational English, yet not be able to speak to a doctor since they are lacking the vocabulary of specialized medical terms.

People are confusing legal immigrants with illegal immigrants. There is a big difference between the two groups. Most naturalized citizens I've met can understand my English perfectly. Their English may not be all that great, yet I can still understand and can communicate with them. Most do tend to prefer their native language. Also with most states providing Spanish translations for just about everything, most Hispanic immigrants do not feel the necessity to learn fluent English.

Those who are providing examples of Hispanics that do not understand anything they say are probably dealing with illegal immigrants with very little time in the US.

Legal US Residents are not legally required to learn English, yet they are legally allowed to live and work in the US. Only legalized citizens are required to learn English to become naturalized.

Again, there are people who are here for 20, 30, 40 years who don't speak a word of English. Why?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

lol, there's people who can read write English, that don't obey posted traffic signs. Some have even run people down.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Maybe they should start teaching some other languages in school, the way things seem to be going, learning Chinese might be a good option ...........

I just started using rosetta stone to learn mandarin. It's not an easy language but I'm having fun doing it. I was if French immersion for my first 3 grades and was pretty much fluent. I've hardly used it for the last 20 odd years and have lost 90ish percent, to the point that I'm pretty much useless in it. I'd like to get it back but it's not a priority, French just isn't very useful.

Mandarin will be quite useful I think, as it's quickly becoming the second language of business. Perhaps when I get mandarin down I'll start practicing french again. Then maybe spanish and japanese.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

Apparently ignorance knows no bounds here. The guy knows English, he speaks it perfectly well...but there's such a thing as being more comfortable speaking the language that you grew up with.

Furthermore, the guy is speaking on behalf of immigrants and their rights...so speaking in his native tongue is probably a move that's meant to point out that someone who has entered this country legally and has been here for 23 years is still more comfortable speaking his native tongue.

My parents were still more comfortable speaking their native tongue 16 years into living in the USA and after getting citizenship, yet I never learned it. Furthermore, they already spoke English fluently before moving here anyway.

I just find the ignorance of the nuances of being an immigrant staggering and idiotic. The idea of not understanding "the other" and vilifying them for their differences is beyond ignorant, it's idiocy.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by hotbakedtater

My first language was Spanish. I am from Texas too.

I am not understanding his reasoning. I am comfortable I'm either language.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Key word you ate missing.

ILLEGAL immigrants. As in CRIMINAL.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join