It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Why Aren’t You Speaking English?”

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

and your using a page that hasn't been updated in years, and a Republican to build your case.

Please tell me what territories they have reconquered so far.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I know about La Raza I have been around the "Mexican" culture for over fifteen years. I know about the desire to reconquer the lands. Who do you think I was refering too? I also know that they make up a very small but vocal minority of the hispanics in this country. This whole Aztlan thing seems to be the pipe dreams mostly of disenfranchised youths from America. I have heard it far more often from people in the Low Rider culture and the Gang culture than from immigrants. I have actually heard it far more from supposedly educated college graduates than I have from immigrants.

The immigrants I have heard it from usually pick it up from some Ivory Tower prick looking to be the next Che but without the cajones to really do it. We have a lot of "Academic Revolutionaries" in this country that preach these ideals. They use it as a way to try to gain political power by preying on the lost, disinfranchised, and less educated. It is an issue that needs to be addressed through education and communication. However, it is also an issue that is over exagerated to help keep the wolf at the door and fear in the heart.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

why aren't you speaking Spanish ? !

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Totally agree with you on this one. We have the same problem with Russians in Latvia. There are people who live here longer than 32 years, some have lived here for all their lives and they still can't express themselves in Latvian and can't use our language. We even have 1 member of parliament who can't speak Latvian.

If you want the local community to accept and respect you and your rights - the least you can do is to respect their traditions and learn their language.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

I feel for him, he's nervous and he feels more comfortable speaking in his first language.

How would you feel if you had to go to court in another country, you were nervous and you lived in that country for 23 years and have learned the language? To me I would feel nervous and speak in English, because it's my native tongue.

OK I would be cool with 5 or 10 years but 22 come on.
He obviously doesn't make much effort.

I moved to Quebec for 2 years without knowing a lick of french and left fluent.
I didn't go there and exist in the English community. I wanted to function and learn from them.

I know I'm on a high horse right now but he is being rude to American culture.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Small but vocal? Yah of course the million or so at the rally in California in 06 was small and vocal. Bunch of apologists here.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

and your using a page that hasn't been updated in years, and a Republican to build your case.

And tell me why the page must be updated? Has the situation changed? So, I must use a progressive page? Well you used a La Raza page....lol thats the fox guarding the henhouse no?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

How about LA?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Okay so one million people showed up. You do realize that represents about 2% of the hispanic population, right? Last time I checked 2% is a small minority.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

And tell me why the page must be updated?

If they were so big as you say 2006, don;t you think they would be a page full of information pertaining to meeting, strategies..etc.

Well you used a La Raza

Have you actually read the NCLR website or did you merely pick it because it had the name "La Raza?"

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ola everybodies...
I must say, The English have this Annoying habit of calling Indian and Pakistanis Asian....
They are NOT Asian, they are Indians and Pakistanis from the Sub Continent.
Asians are the Yellow to fair skinned, slanty eye people East of India.
Please desist with that incorrect description, and use the correct one.

When in Rome.... When in the US speak American, When in Germany Speak German, When in England speak pig Latin....I mean English.

I notice when the English invaded the Americas and set up Jonestown and Plymouth, Even tho they left England behind, they didnt "When in Rome" in their new land, that belonged to someone else at the time. Shouldnt America be speaking Pocino, or Iraquoi, or Cherokee or Siox etc etc??

Shouldnt the Mehicans be speaking Aztec or its derivations as well?.
Of Course when in America one should..."Non speeky de Espanol Porfavor". (My Spanis good ya?)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
And still more for the unbelievers and friends of Soros

www.alipac.us...

Heres a newer desecration of the American flag with "Impeach Brewer" on it
oneoldvet.com...-21672

this one's pretty recent too

www.goldismoney2.com...

How about this one where the first rally they had nothing but Mexican flags, then they all brought American flags because real Americans were so outraged

24ahead.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
Ola everybodies...
I must say, The English have this Annoying habit of calling Indian and Pakistanis Asian....
They are NOT Asian, they are Indians and Pakistanis from the Sub Continent.
Asians are the Yellow to fair skinned, slanty eye people East of India.
Please desist with that incorrect description, and use the correct one.

When in Rome.... When in the US speak American, When in Germany Speak German, When in England speak pig Latin....I mean English.

I notice when the English invaded the Americas and set up Jonestown and Plymouth, Even tho they left England behind, they didnt "When in Rome" in their new land, that belonged to someone else at the time. Shouldnt America be speaking Pocino, or Iraquoi, or Cherokee or Siox etc etc??

Shouldnt the Mehicans be speaking Aztec or its derivations as well?.
Of Course when in America one should..."Non speeky de Espanol Porfavor". (My Spanis good ya?)

ahem, they are speaking the language of their concquerers even in Mexico.
edit on 18-6-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

If they were so big as you say 2006, don;t you think they would be a page full of information pertaining to meeting, strategies..etc.

Well you used a La Raza

Have you actually read the NCLR website or did you merely pick it because it had the name "La Raza?"

I really didnt need to. nclr.org? Even an amateur newbie can tell what that url is. But just to doublecheck, I did peek at it, and yes it is an official La Raza page. Did you think there was a difference between La Raza and National Council of La Raza? Or are you just trying to be smart?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Do you believe in the Constitution or not?

I might not like it but people have the right to wave or burn any flag they want.

God Bless America

National Council of La Raza

The organization is no different than the NAACP. But it is clear that nothing I say is going to change your mind. You may continue your Reconquista hunt.
edit on 18-6-2011 by jam321 because: wow

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
In this particular case I have to agree, this man has been living in the Us for 23 years. He had all the time to learn the language.

But for Americans it is time to learn other languages too. I speak 4 different languages ! And that is quite common where I come from. You are all getting behind.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Well you used a La Raza

Wait, aren't you the one who picked the NCLR.org page? I have been aware of these groups since the rallies in 06. Maybe its new to you. I doubt it.

Heres an official MECHA pagewww.nationalmecha.org...

Here's another page that shows "The Plan"

www.utpa.edu...

Sonia Sotomayor is La Raza activist
www.wnd.com...

And surely you've already seen this chaos
whitelocust.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Do you believe in the Constitution or not?

I might not like it but people have the right to wave or burn any flag they want.

God Bless America

National Council of La Raza

The organization is no different than the NAACP. But it is clear that nothing I say is going to change your mind. You may continue your Reconquista hunt.
edit on 18-6-2011 by jam321 because: wow

Yes , I most certainly do. But if you are not incensed over a bunch of thugs putting the American flag upside down under the Mexican flag, I have very little else to talk with you about. That's a bunch of liberal hooey and you know it.

Blacks were brought here against their free will and don't even compare it to people who sneak in over the border and go the the ER and get free education after breaking the law and THEN refuse to speak the language.
edit on 18-6-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

there are no "rules and laws", and freedom of speech does not refer to language but rather to forms of speech and figures of communication.

you go preaching ignorance but your own is astonishing.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think part of the blame for this guy not speaking English should be directed to the US govt.
These non English speakers have poor English skills partially due to inadequate US immigration policies.

To become a legalized US citizen, it's a requirement to SPEAK, read and write English. Yet, the standards have been lowered and lowered. Blame the immigration and naturalization officers for approving applicants with little or no English skills. This is a major failure on the part of the US immigration system (INS). For decades the INS approved citizenship applicants who could barely speak a few words of English. INS is now becoming more strict as of lately, yet it's too late. INS is the real culprit for most Immigration issues. Legal immigrants that speak poor English are just the result of the broken immigration system and should not be held accountable.

Along with showing a basic knowledge of U.S. history and government, applicants for citizenship are required to display an ability to read, write and speak ordinary English.

Also, this failure to speak English is not just isolated to Mexicans or Central Americans. I've met immigrants from other countries that speak less English than the man in the video. And most of them are legalized US citizens. I always wonder how that happened. The failure with most Immigration issues almost always fall back to poor immigration legislation.

The same politicians complaining about this mans English are the sames ones softening up laws that allowed him to become a legalized US citizen. They should be criticizing themselves. They are the true idiots.

edit on 18-6-2011 by matito because:

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join