It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time could be getting very close...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I know that anniversary dates and things like that are important to some groups and cultures, so keep this in mind...the 10th anniv. of 9/11 is this year, also they say that the US government can only pay the bills and keep the economy going until sept. 2nd. ....with the debt ceiling reached..14.3 TRILLION!!!!!!!!!!!

I do believe that this could be a very interesting late summer and fall...I say this because "if theres a will, theres a way"....I hope that those of you that are on the fence about storing goods and learning skills, get off your dead asses and do something to better yourself for tomorrow.

For those of you that do prep, I hope that your able to get all the things that you think you need for a SHTF, for I feel that it will be comming sooner than later.

I might be wrong...but there are a lot of people out there that have this wierd feeling in your gut....I know the house of cards that the government has built up is more than likely going to come crashing down...I just hope that WE are ALL ready for what could come next...or with it when it falls.
edit on 17-6-2011 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I will be close to ready by then, but my target date for preparation and separation from the "system" is October 1 2011. If TSHTF before then, I may have to hit wallyworld for some minor missing items and an infusion of ammunition.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

If you need ammo and don't reload, look into it...its way cheaper to reload than buy the boxes of ammo...that is if you shoot a lot.

As far as food, gear, and anything else, I would get what you can, without breaking the bank, because its only going to get more expensive as time goes on.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog

If you need ammo and don't reload, look into it...its way cheaper to reload than buy the boxes of ammo...that is if you shoot a lot.

As far as food, gear, and anything else, I would get what you can, without breaking the bank, because its only going to get more expensive as time goes on.
I have considered reloading, but for the time being, it is just not a feasible option for me. I have compromised by adopting very common ammunition/weapons. 12 ga, .357/.38, and 7.62.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Having been a prepper for over 25 years I can tell you that you are NEVER ready. You might reach a level where you feel comfortable but there is always something more you could do.

As far as reloading ammo, I prefer to just stock ammo. I'd rather just buy and store a tonnage of ammo than
store brass, primers, powder, bullets, lube, and all the equipment.

If you want to save a few cents per round you should reload, If you don't care then just stock the ammo in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I agree with you about never having enough....I prefer to buy ammo also, but if a true SHTF, happened and you couldn't buy more ammo and needed say 12 gauge or 30-30...if you had the components for reloading you could keep the weapon up and running longer...and depending on how much you shoot, it could actaully save you money that you could use for other items needed....

This is just my thoughts and I am not perfect by anymeans...I am just wanting to think out of the box and to be ready for the unexpected, because we have no Idea of when, howlong, or what will all happen before, during or after TSHTF.

I did buy both FYI...until I had a bad boating accident and it all went to the bottom of the ocean...oh well

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
i hope that if a scenario like this does happen, that people will access the love & compassion within them to care for eachother. power lies in numbers.

-the indian in the woods

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

the comments of ammo, guns, & prepping for years is a paradox to me. i think the reason you never feel ready could be due to your mental readiness. unless you have lived it, you cannot be prepared enough. just from my experience, it was when i went out into the woods years ago with a 55lb pack - fifty five pounds! today i get by for weeks with a little over 30lbs & feel prepared for anything - even telling a cougar to gtfo.

wishin you well

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by survival

To true, I prep with what I can carry. Oh sure, I have additional stores, but what if I can't get to them? I have three bags stashed, all uniform, just in case I have to snip and git. If I am around my truck when the SHTF, I also have a bike for when it breaks down or runs out of fuel. Once that breaks, I'm hoofin' it.

Don't look for the summer of discontent, look for the winter of discontent, but by then, it'll be to late for most.
edit on 17-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I also just keep my firearms in common calibers, 9mm, 12 gauge, etc. That way it is cheap and easy to stock up. I don't have the time to reload and it this point it would cost me more to reload than to just go buy. I don't shoot enough to make it worthwhile and i'm not super sniper guy that handloads for accuracy. Firearms are just a part of my prep and I try not to get too focused on any one part.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Always have twice as much ammo on the shelf as what you think you will need. Case in point. Bought a new PPS43c. Ordered what I thought was a good stock. 500 rounds for a seldom used range toy seemed about right.

Cleaned it up, knowing that the insides needed to wear in before it would ever cycle properly. Brand new stamped guns are like that in most cases.

One trip to the range:
1 35rd mag slow fire. Couple patch wipes for break in.
3 mags 10rds each to test mag function
3 mags 35 rds each follow up mag test.

For practice after break in and mag testing:
2 of the 25 inch 5 bullseye pistol targets. 10 rds slow fire for each bull.
2 of the same 10-15 rds rapid fire each bull to test my skill.
2. small pistol targets, single 2 inch bulls Ultra slow fire fine tuning sight.

Everything seems fine. rough edges wore in and its ready to collect dust in the closet since I usually shoot pistol and AK as well as 8mm.

Out of one range trip, for break in and testing, I have 52 rounds left from the original 500 and it seems I'm just barely comfortable with it.

So now I need to order again or I cant even go to the range again. thats keeping zero shelf stock. So in this case I need 1000 rds just to go to the range twice.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
12 21 12 is my date til then i keep doing what im doing.

and if it dont come then something else will thats been the history for as long as i can remember.

floods,tornados,economic collapse,zombies,yellowstone erupting,asteroid hitting the earth,massive coronal mass ejection.

and in that order the last 3 i aint gonna bother just gonna grab a fifth play some bach and kiss my butt goodbye.
edit on 17-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join