It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Jupiter?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Life as we know it could not survive on Jupiter... But who's to say that there isnt life that flourishes in the environment in jupiters atmosphere... It could be a squid like creature that propels iteself through the coulds in a Jet-Like manner, or it could be a form of life that resembles a cloud oe something... you have to think outside the square guys, coz just becuae it isnt life as we recognise it doesnt mean it isnt life... and what is the definition of life? You cant just write it off as a no-hoper because you cant comprehend how it could be possible

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Life as we know it could not survive on Jupiter... But who's to say that there isnt life that flourishes in the environment in jupiters atmosphere... It could be a squid like creature that propels iteself through the coulds in a Jet-Like manner, or it could be a form of life that resembles a cloud oe something... you have to think outside the square guys, coz just becuae it isnt life as we recognise it doesnt mean it isnt life... and what is the definition of life? You cant just write it off as a no-hoper because you cant comprehend how it could be possible

absolutly true and right mate, it's a pity that so many people are not able at all to understend that!

[edit on 9-8-2004 by kangaxx]typos

[edit on 9-8-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Freemason you have never been there (Jupiter) so you don't really know. That was my original point. Basically your response was exactly what I am talking about in a nutshell. You have never been to these places, (I have seen you make the same argument about Mars) in another thread.

So all you can do is speculate. The rules we live by IMO are not universal. It is a very big universe out there Freemason as I am sure you are aware. By crawling out of your box I meant your way of thinking.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You can not tell me that there is no life out there!! And that we are not the only things alive in this vast universe..How do we not know that weren't not the prototype for something much smarter. Maybe heaven is another planet of smarter beings..Something created us and you can't say that we as a society are so perfect that they felt they should stop.We have proof here on Earth that we were not the first nor will we be the last!!! How can you say we are the one and only!If we can believe in the Atkins diet and the fact that healthy food causes cancer...who says lil green men can't float in a cloud of green gas!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just wondering, does this whole thing about "needing carbon to create life" apply to what some people call God? I guess it wouldn't...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by swordfish
Freemason you have never been there (Jupiter) so you don't really know. That was my original point. Basically your response was exactly what I am talking about in a nutshell. You have never been to these places, (I have seen you make the same argument about Mars) in another thread.

So all you can do is speculate. The rules we live by IMO are not universal. It is a very big universe out there Freemason as I am sure you are aware. By crawling out of your box I meant your way of thinking.

What are you talking about? Galilelo, Voyager 1, Voyager 2, these ships have been to Jupiter.

We know the chemical make up of Jupiter. I do not need to "go" there, we've sent our probes there.

If anyone went there they'd die within 300,000 miles of the planet due to a nice healthy dose of radiation.

We don't speculate, and by we I mean planetary geologists everywhere, especially at JPL.

We have hard data, and it just doesn't match your fantasies.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ugh everyone here is just retarded, seriously, I am observing a fact.

Ok, you want to say that there's life on Jupiter fine...

And I say the Moon is made of cheese, and it really is because from now on Basalt and mafic rocks are no longer called by said names, but are referred to as Cheese.

So you can go call your whisps of hydrogen "life" and I'll go call the Moon Cheese.

Morons.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
maybe life can life of this radiation...

but saying things it same as saying the moon
is made out of cheese is ridiculous. and
is a form of saying people are insane
of believing life is not posible in some areas..
well you speek of scientist at nasa and jpl
but even them have had some time that they
were amized that life is possible in places
they though to be to harse for life.
if know they say life is not possible over there
but that is until we find it. and yes we had all those
probes but they were ill fitted compared with our level of
newly developed technology which is much better
and is more effective in even finding things smaller
then the older probes could detect. those
probes made a fly by and not a real science mision of
a year or more to trace and look for anomolies.
that will come when Jimo is launched around 2014
then when it arrives we will find out more because
the probe is made to do jobs not done before
with greater power levels to do there jobs
because its is nuclear fision powered.
until jimo has brought back proof of the existance
or that life is not there we can go on with this subject
because of the facts are not here yet to prove or disprove.
but I will stay optimistic of finding life even in our solar system.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFly5
You can not tell me that there is no life out there!! And that we are not the only things alive in this vast universe..How do we not know that weren't not the prototype for something much smarter. Maybe heaven is another planet of smarter beings..Something created us and you can't say that we as a society are so perfect that they felt they should stop.We have proof here on Earth that we were not the first nor will we be the last!!! How can you say we are the one and only!If we can believe in the Atkins diet and the fact that healthy food causes cancer...who says lil green men can't float in a cloud of green gas!!!

Perfect reply!!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

And I say the Moon is made of cheese, and it really is because from now on Basalt and mafic rocks are no longer called by said names, but are referred to as Cheese.

So you can go call your whisps of hydrogen "life" and I'll go call the Moon Cheese.

Morons.

Obviously the warning that you have it is not sufficient to teach you something yet. you need a serious rebuk from a mod, or at the least learn some good education factors. this is not a "s l u t" house!

[edit on 10-8-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

Morons.

By reading this, I realise how blessed I am...Reading that crap, made me happy for myself...I'm sooo glad I am not one like him...Allot of people do not know better, and allot of people did not have the same education as most of us did, so i will not take your comment as a offend, but...I garantee you, every word you typed will come back and create life on your face.

By the way, do not argue about things you don't have a clue of, you don't see me going in a canadian hockey forum dissin this and claiming that, i wont, because its NOT my area...

CAPITO?

[edit on 11-8-2004 by Italiano]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Oh no the idiots are massing help me for the love of God!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I hate to go against everyone else but I have to agree with freemason here. I don't see how any organics could exist in or close to jupiter.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by Raphael]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael
I hate to go against everyone else but I have to agree with freemason here. I don't see how any organics could exist in or close to jupiter.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by Raphael]

I don't see how any organics should NOT exist in or around Jupiter!

Its not because we cannot live there, doesnt mean there is no life addapted to those conditions...

*Even on our SUN are lifeforms*

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well considering, Italiano, that we know there are NO organic compounds on Jupiter, the odds of life "adapting" to anything there is well, zero.

And it's safe to assume that life can only exist as we exist, because frankly, the Earth, has everything.

If it were possible to have non-carbon based life forms, they'd exist as such on earth.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wow FreeMason that is an incredibly close-minded statement

If people didn't think outside the boundaries of what you would consider "normal" science then absolutely nothing would be discovered. Hmm...in fact I know people such as Copernicus, Galileo, etc. were persecuted in their time for believing "outside" the norm. To say that carbon based life is the only type of lifeform capable of existing ANYWHERE is just plain, well, unscientific. Perhaps you would like to define for us what exactly this thing we call "life" really is oh great one. Philosophers and Scientists have been debating over this very defintion for hundreds of years...but now Im almost certain that the great FreeMason has the answer

PS- How do you constantly get away with what you say on this board. I have seen you call more than one person an "idiot" or "stupid"? Perhaps you would care to explain that as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The idea that life must be carbon based with DNA to exist is absolutely ignorant. We barely know anything about carbon based life. Who is to say that life cannot be based on other chemistry or principle?

Endless possibilities in the universe. Life based on more than what we so narrowly think its based on. Silicon based life? gas based life? Even energy based life. Anything is possible, hell we barely know what we should about the creation of life on this planet, let alone how it could develop elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Wow FreeMason that is an incredibly close-minded statement

If people didn't think outside the boundaries of what you would consider "normal" science then absolutely nothing would be discovered. Hmm...in fact I know people such as Copernicus, Galileo, etc. were persecuted in their time for believing "outside" the norm. To say that carbon based life is the only type of lifeform capable of existing ANYWHERE is just plain, well, unscientific. Perhaps you would like to define for us what exactly this thing we call "life" really is oh great one. Philosophers and Scientists have been debating over this very defintion for hundreds of years...but now Im almost certain that the great FreeMason has the answer

PS- How do you constantly get away with what you say on this board. I have seen you call more than one person an "idiot" or "stupid"? Perhaps you would care to explain that as well.

Jazzerman, thanks mate!
The quoted message above, identifies (Jazzerman) an Open minded person, trying to explain why, we must .... Open our minds, once and for all!

By the time i edited my reply ( lol, i actually , was just quoting, nothing more), i saw that Skadi, also gave a very wise comment! Cheers!!!

HARAK.

[edit on 12/8/04 by HARAK]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well said Skadi. Im tired of people limiting theirselves to one unchanging belief system that life MUST be carbon based. I mean, most people on this earth believe that we breath mainly oxygen, when in fact its mainly Nitrogen that our atmosphere is composed of.

There are deep sea creatures that survive on no oxygen, live in poisionous environments, and yet manage to live. Who is to say that other creatures on other planets dont breath what we would consider poison, or if they even breath at all? The search for extraterrestrial life needs to be re-evaluated if we are ever going to find it, because right now our view of the universe is just to narrow.

Thanks HARAK. It gets a little frustrating when people talk about things that we as humans can only speculate on with closed mindedness. It scares me that people like this are often the ones that do the exploration as well

[edit on 12-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's not an "incredibly arrogant statement", it's because SCIENCE (that word you use like a God) is about observations.

We have not observed SILICON BASED life forms, or anything else.

Until we do, it's science fiction.

And you idiots want to apply science fiction as if it is a logical and already well supported theory.

Which it is neither, life-forms being composed of anything but carbon and using sulfurs, carbon, hydrogen in the form of water for energy is never before seen or even a theory or possibility in current science.

It is just a possibilty in Star Trek.

As for how do I get away with it?

Technically I don't, I do get a warning for calling you idiots.

But why am I not "trolling"?

Because you are being stupid, when you're being smart I'll call you smart.

But so long as you want to make a quartz crystal life, you're being stupid...and I'm just calling it as it is.

There is none of this on Jupiter anyway, except at the Core where pressures are too intense for life.

Jupiter is composed of Hydrogen and Helium, which are fairly inert gasses, and traces of things like Ammonia, however those are at very turbulent levels so the kinetics of the chemistry just don't work.

Kinetics is another important factor you baboons have forgotten.

When you are dealing with speeds of 400-1000 miles per hour, chemistry really doesn't take place very well as the molecules just bounce off eachother or are ripped apart before a reaction can take place.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join