It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 civilians killed when NATO air strike hits bus in Libya.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

12 civilians killed when NATO air strike hits bus in Libya.

www.hindustantimes.com

At least 12 people were killed and two injured when a NATO air strike hit a bus Wednesday evening in Libya's Kikla city, 120 km southwest of capital Tripoli, Libyan state TV reported. The air strike hit the bus at the entrance of the city in the mountainous region southwest of Tripoli, Xinhua cited the TV report quoting military sources as saying.

During the past several weeks, NATO forces have intensified strikes against Tripoli and the neighbouring areas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
War On Terrorism
Breaking Political News
General Chit Chat
World War Three

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
God this is so sad, how many civilian casualties how both NATO/Libyan rebels and Gadhafi forces so far. Now whats worse lately that NATO admits that Air-power itself cannot win the conflict. the problem is with the NATO politicians and their expectations. They thought that if they declared a no fly zone, took out Libya’s air-defenses, and bombed a few troop concentrations Gaddafi would fold and run for cover. They did not take into account the historical FACT that airpower by itself could not resolve the problem. Without some plan in place to establish a credible ground threat to Gaddafi’s regime any airpower alone solution was (is) bound to fail.

www.hindustantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is while "At least 16 Libyan revolutionaries have been injured in a NATO strike on their position near the town of Ajdabiyah in the east of the country, a report says."

www.presstv.ir...

May GOD save Libya from the wrath of the European Imperialists.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I still find it fascinating that it was reported by various news outlets in 2009, that

SAS trains Libyan troops.
The SAS has been ordered by the Government to train Libyan special forces despite the country having armed the IRA, The Daily Telegraph can disclose..10:35PM BST 11 Sep 2009

This seems to be a reoccurring theme does it not?.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Every single politician behind this war deserves to have a bomb dropped on them more than anyone on that bus.

We are being led by criminals and killers when are we throwing them out already?
edit on 17-6-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cams

The training and finance started as far back as 1996.

This is nothing new, but the mainstream media has a tight lip about it because of the coordinated propaganda attack against Qaddafi.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Allow me to correct the headline to reflect traits of a proper nationalism brain-washing:

"12 civilians freed by NATO heroes to humanity while aiding Libyan freedom fighters."

..aahh, much better.

Good to see the US/NATO cabal is helping Libyans become Iraqis... what kind of twisted reality do we live in when the best plan politicians can ever come up with is turning a modern nation to pablum?.. hasn't the total failures to be welcomed in Iraq and Afghanistan served as ample common sense evidence sanctions, bombings, and occupations don't work?

Why?, because ONE guy is unpopular with the oligarchs?.. I don't know Gaddafi, have no idea what its like to live in Libya.. millions of Americans are fat dumb and happy under tyrannical GOP/DNC leaders who are responsible for killing more people than Gaddafi, the Boogie-man, and every evil comic book character combined!!..

So maybe millions of Libyans are pacified by nationalism propaganda too?.. and live perfectly happy lives watching "Libyan Idol" knowing full well their so called leaders are a giant bag of foul a-holes capable of killing, torturing and basically putting a serious hurt on ANYONE who threatens the status quo... you honestly think the GOP & DNC are any different?
edit on 17-6-2011 by GovtFlu because: Spelling, forgot a word.. serious stuff

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I'm not sure But i don't think that NATO rarely goes to plan before taking air-operations like this.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
We need to protect the civilians from NATO. Lets nuke all of NATO. I hope Russia just lobs all 5000 Nukes at the European NATO members who are participating in the attack. Or we could do an invasion of NATO countries and oust the terrorist leaders currently killing civilians in Libya

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
We need to protect the civilians from NATO. Lets nuke all of NATO. I hope Russia just lobs all 5000 Nukes at the European NATO members who are participating in the attack. Or we could do an invasion of NATO countries and oust the terrorist leaders currently killing civilians in Libya

Yep our leaders need to be replaced we need to take our govs back sooner than latter hoping someone will bomb out of our misery is just wishful. Like we will have it so good nope our govs going to keep getting worst and nothing but FEMA camps and mass death is in our future.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I agree with you. Since Europeans wanted this war in the 1st place, let them have it. Not to mention that they come back begging us to take the lead again when they kept running out of bombs. I hope this Libya war end soon otherwise we drag ourselves deeper to our debt.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Check out this article:

(BBC)Libya: University students injured after Nato air strike

And then check out this article:

Breaking News: PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE: NATO Bombed Libya's Nasser University

Can you smell the Western propaganda yet? Yeah, students were injured after the NATO airstrike on their university; injured to death.

top topics

join