It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Another vancouver riots video

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

edit on 17-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)


Bald guy trying to defend his car, another guy throws a torch in his car and the bald guy hits him. Other sheep morons jump on him after he hit him.

In these cases, I wouldn't mind a bit of live-ammo being fired on these #ing morons from the cops. If I lived there and had a weapon, and they were destroying something of mine...

And then people wonder why oh why the police can be so violent.. stupid people
edit on 17-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
this is my hometown...and this is so sad....



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing
 


Okay, I gotta be honest here. I know of these riots but I haven't been following them. The fact they're still going on baffles me! This all started with them losing the Stanley Cup right? And it's still going on? Wth
edit on 17-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)


Oh hell, just watches the video and ugh, what the F! Of all the things to riot over, this is such a waste of time! I feel bad for the bald guy trying to protect his car & watching him get jumped is repulsive. The good news is after he gets jumped some dude in a ball cap reaches in his car & removes the flaming whatever from it. So there's that
edit on 17-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I hope they take months to find each and every one who vandalized a store,a vehicle , and who caused injury to someone.

What a joke..and its idiots like that who are threatening to ruin sports events for everyone.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills
 


Rights being taken away and people bitch and moan. But a Stanley cup is taken and its a damn revolution.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills
 


No, it's not still going on. The police had cordoned off an area by around 11:00 last night, the worst of it was over by about 12:30 or 1:00 am.

And it started just before the hockey game was over...but I don't think anyone believes that was the reason. Many of the people arrested today have been identified as having taken part in the rioting at the beginning of the 2010 Olympics. They showed up to the hockey game party with black bandanas and with rags and gasoline bottles in their pockets.

These weren't hockey fans. The social networks were buzzing hours before the game started, inviting people to riot downtown.

edit on 17-6-2011 by avocadoshag because: Finished what I meant to say

edit on 17-6-2011 by avocadoshag because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by Swills
 


Rights being taken away and people bitch and moan. But a Stanley cup is taken and its a damn revolution.


Couldn't have said it better myself



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills
 


I think the riots are over, but this has got to be one of the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I don't feel sorry for any of them, even the ones that watched (didn't do #) if they have negative consequences later.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
reply to post by Swills
 


No, it's not still going on. The police had cordoned off an area by around 11:00 last night, the worst of it was over by about 12:30 or 1:00 am.

And it started just before the hockey game was over...but I don't think anyone believes that was the reason. Many of the people arrested today have been identified as having taken part in the rioting in Toronto during the G8 summit. They showed up to the hockey game party with black bandanas and with rags and gasoline bottles in their pockets. These weren't hockey fans.


Thank god it's over
So this riot was instigated by non hockey fans... very interesting. For one, if that's the case then it's amazing to see how they are able to create this chaos, & two why are they doing it? Is this what gets them off or do they have an agenda? Do they have a name? What do you know about them? Now these riots are becoming interesting
edit on 17-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Streets where clean by noon by many volunteers,

and an army of restoration/glass trucks are everywhere.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills
 


Its just an excuse for a bunch of kids to throw rocks, break things, and feel tough in their drug and alcohol inflated egotistical minds. People who do this type of stuff aren't protesting...they are just looking for a thrill , at everyone elses expense.

Makes you realize how truly stupid the mob mentality of a few can be though. Very destructive behavior ,and wonder how it would eventually play out if there weren't police to rely on. Hopefully the guy who got punched out for trying to save his car, can and will press some charges,and sue for damages. These drunken idiots are being filmed....I really hope a lot of time is spent tracking them.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011
 


As of Thursday, so far more than 100 arrests. There are dozens of websites, facebook pages, and blogs posting pictures and videos of rioters...all asking for people to identify the morons. There are probably 100's of thousands of pictures and videos floating around; more arrests are inevitable.

CBC news story



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Swills
 


Its just an excuse for a bunch of kids to throw rocks, break things, and feel tough in their drug and alcohol inflated egotistical minds. People who do this type of stuff aren't protesting...they are just looking for a thrill , at everyone elses expense.

Makes you realize how truly stupid the mob mentality of a few can be though. Very destructive behavior ,and wonder how it would eventually play out if there weren't police to rely on. Hopefully the guy who got punched out for trying to save his car, can and will press some charges,and sue for damages. These drunken idiots are being filmed....I really hope a lot of time is spent tracking them.


This. Just morons with a destructive desire. There are quite a few facebook pics floating around of people boasting about how they smashed cars and crap.



Strong example of the sheep mentality, too.
edit on 17-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ok..I just read the post about it being the same group of dudes at other riots.

So..anyone have history on these guys ...who they get "hired" by , why they go where they go?
They seem like a bunch of punks who like to play tough,and break things , and really don't care about the issues being protested at all.

.Thats very interesting if they started the vancouver riot. Hopefully someone will post some further info on it.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I don't want to ever hear or read anything about how stupid Americans are!
NEVER, NO MORE!
I mean, these folks from Vancouver are more stupid than the folks from Los Angeles.
WHY?
Must be a lib mentality, to a certain degree.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills
 


This quote from Vancouver Police Chief Jim Chu:



He described the instigators as anarchists and criminals who appeared to be the same people involved in the pre-Olympic demonstrations and noted police saw many equipped with goggles, gasoline and other tools to create damage


And this from Mayor Gregor Robertson:



"They had a game plan that they carried out and it was very difficult to contain. This group was mobile. They split up. They had tools to start fires," said the mayor.


I don't know much about the instigators, whether they're an organized group with a name, or just a loose group of anarchists. They were prepared, no doubt about it, and they were there to riot, not watch a hockey game.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
reply to post by gabby2011
 


As of Thursday, so far more than 100 arrests. There are dozens of websites, facebook pages, and blogs posting pictures and videos of rioters...all asking for people to identify the morons. There are probably 100's of thousands of pictures and videos floating around; more arrests are inevitable.

CBC news story


This guy has a scholarship to play water polo in a US college. This picture has been sent to that school

www.facebook.com...

publicshamingeternus.wordpress.com...
edit on 17-6-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day
 


Thanks for the links...this kid has really thrown away his future. I found this quote on your second link:



I know this kid and am absolutely devastated for his family to find out this news. Nathan had a very bright future and completely destroyed it and our city in one fell swoop. His school has already expelled him and there is no way that Waterpolo Canada will have anything to do with someone who has committed acts such as this.


His parents must be *so* proud.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

edit on 17-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)


Bald guy trying to defend his car, another guy throws a torch in his car and the bald guy hits him. Other sheep morons jump on him after he hit him.

In these cases, I wouldn't mind a bit of live-ammo being fired on these #ing morons from the cops. If I lived there and had a weapon, and they were destroying something of mine...

And then people wonder why oh why the police can be so violent.. stupid people
edit on 17-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)



Well he did get one good punch in....best to just walk away



edit on 17-6-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I just want to know, while their (our) city was burning, where were the good people?

wheres a good mob mentality when you need it? seriously, if it had gotten out of control (police had some control in certain context), would we have just sat by and watched them go on for hours/days/weeks until it was gone or they had complete control?

i'm not going to lie, by the 2nd hour I was going to go downtown, prepared to help stop the riot.
part of me knew not to go which was my ultimate decision but I don't know mine or our cities breaking point as a whole, at what point would we say enough is enough and take it to them?
edit on 17-6-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)







 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join