It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates: New al-Qaida chief no Osama bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Ayman al-Zawahri, the newly appointed chief of al-Qaida, lacks the charisma and operational skills of Osama bin Laden as a terror leader, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Thursday.

But he said the selection of al-Qaida's former No. 2 to take bin Laden's place is a reminder that the terror group is still out there and must be pursued.

Embolden done by me.

All right friends...

Who would have any authority to "appoint" a new chief?

My own opinion of who could appoint a new chief? None other than the current Chief of CIA.

Source

I'll return after dinner guys and gals!

Peace!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Gates quipped, "It's probably tough to count votes when you're in a cave."

Now why would we believe these terrorists are still hiding in caves when Pakistan is full of 'compounds' that is now known for harboring fugitives of Justice?

I'm going off the spin placed by the media about OBL anyway.

Who can you trust if it's not your own gut?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

This Gates is a complete inbred. Such a moron.

Nice one, why not just incite some terror attacks...idiot.

What the hell has Charisma got to do with blowing crap up.??? If he is in terrorism then he is dangerous. Simple as.

GAtes...YOU are a Co**

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Ayman al-Zawahri, the newly appointed chief of al-Qaida, lacks the charisma and operational skills of Osama bin Laden as a terror leader, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Thursday.

But he said the selection of al-Qaida's former No. 2 to take bin Laden's place is a reminder that the terror group is still out there and must be pursued.

My own opinion of who could appoint a new chief? None other than the current Chief of CIA.

Peace!

If that was true.. Then all al qaida would need to do to # up America is announce that to the world

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Hopefully though Al-Qaeda will be rid but now the ideology cannot go away.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Gates says this guy is no "Osama Bin Laden"? All the news is beginning to read like the onion.

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
what does gates mean. the new leader is not an old man watching videos of himself on cnn in a million dollar compound with no direct role in planning and executing missions.

the new leader is actually pro active and in direct control of al qaeda and not just a figurehead like osama was the last 10 years.

this makes al qaeda more dangerous. but al zawqhari is not in real control, he's more worried about getting assassinated than actually planning missions.

if an unknown actually takes control of al qaeda and wants to make a name for himself, then be prepared for more attacks.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by testtubebaby

Yeah.

So it's the job of SOD to keep the sheeple penned-up in fear for their life now a days.

I feared far less during the freaking "Cold-war." And I was afraid of my own shadow then!

Meh, I no longer entertain fear. It's aggravation that I deal with these days...I use ATS as an out-let.

Thanks for tolerating me.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

Originally posted by loveguy

Peace!

If that was true.. Then all al qaida would need to do to # up America is announce that to the world

Agreed. And acknowledge that Gates is the conveyor to spread such fear. Gates is on the wrong team if you ask me.

He should post photos of Al-Qaeda members that have thus far been terminated. If he had the integrity...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what does gates mean. the new leader is not an old man watching videos of himself on cnn in a million dollar compound with no direct role in planning and executing missions.

the new leader is actually pro active and in direct control of al qaeda and not just a figurehead like osama was the last 10 years.

this makes al qaeda more dangerous. but al zawqhari is not in real control, he's more worried about getting assassinated than actually planning missions.

if an unknown actually takes control of al qaeda and wants to make a name for himself, then be prepared for more attacks.

Either way they're (Al-Qaeda) still on the pay-roll, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

If you notice closely, you will see he already has a built in target on his forehead.

Maybe the mark of Cain.

Link to Image :

satireworld.com... /

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

That was seriously hysterical!

Sugar cane maybe!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Al Zawahri is a suspected terrorist.
Robert Gates is a former Iran-Contra conspirator.
I have a hard time taking his word on anything after his past CIA involvement.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Al Zawahri is a suspected terrorist.
Robert Gates is a former Iran-Contra conspirator.
I have a hard time taking his word on anything after his past CIA involvement.

Wow. I learn something new every day...Damn.

What I find prevalent today is that so many officials get promoted instead of "corrected/rehabilitated."

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Yep, that's how it works. You get promoted for incompetency and being a consistent liar. Loyalty to the elites is the bottom line. Stray from the path and your fired, or dead.
It never ceases to amaze me how these people who broke multiple laws, lied to Congress and the American people are still in government or working for Corporations that do contracts for them - Stansfield Turner, Oliver North, Gates, John Poindexter (worked for DARPA), Richard Secord, Robert Mcfarlane - all of them made out like bandits ( or is that drug kingpins?). Disgusting and very telling of what really goes on in our government and has since the 70's or maybe earlier.

Remember, when they fail they ALWAYS get more money to "solve the problem"

Wonder why we're broke?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

With all due respect Ask The Animals, how in the heck does lying to Congress fit into your sense
of judgement in this day and age? I don't know if you have noticed, but Congress has perfected that
method into an artform. $400.00 Haircut anyone?

Rumsfeld Rules as Quoted, "Washington,D.C. is sixty square miles surrounded by reality.

Need I mention the Governator,Weiner,Edwards, or any other orgy members?
C'mon you blame intelligence? That would be like blaming yourself. Your smarter than that.
See you at the fishing hole.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add in content and comic relief

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I don't know how I found that pix, it was random chance and velocity. But I knew it would make you
(and I hope others) enjoy some comic relief. That seems to be a cultural hotspot these days, some
folks can't take a joke. Generally a sign of insecurity and lack of confidence.

Heck, people bust my rocks all the time,and my beliefs too.

I can laugh along with it because my rocks and beliefs are not too fragile for humor.

BGood

new topics

top topics

join