It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Examples of NASA/government cover-ups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I was thinking today, what if NASA and the government were actually completely honest, and they have never covered up anything like many conspiracy theorists believe they do? What if our non-stop suspiscion of anything the government says/does is just completely irrational, and we're just paranoid? Do you guys have any examples of confirmed cover-ups with legitimate evidence to back that claim up?

Here are some that I thought of which shout "cover-up":

--Roswell: In the two weeks leading up to the Roswell "balloon crash", UFO activity was buzzing all around the US, as seen here in this thread. On top of that, there were many testimonies from people who knew without a doubt that this was no simple weather balloon. Many of those testimonies as well as the events that led to the cover-up can be read here, however with the complete lack of sources for this information on that website I don't know how trustworthy it is.

--9/11: There are mounds of evidence to suggest that our own government was behind the September 11th attacks on the World Trade Centers. The pilot that supposedly crashed a plane into the Pentagon only had one or two flying lessons in a single engine plane prior to the attack, however with such little experience he pulled off a 330+ degree turn in a Boeing 747 airplane, which even for experienced pilots is fairly difficult, and crashed into the exact area of the Pentagon which happened to be undergoing "renovations". Now that's lucky.

On top of that, nanothermite(?) was found in the debris of the world trade centers, which showed that controlled demolition was used. People who were near the towers before they fell also reported hearing explosions, similar to what one would hear in a controlled demolition. On top of that videos clearly show plumes of disintegrated concrete systematically being ejected from the building, which strongly suggest controlled demolition.

Let's not forget that Building 7 completely collapsed into it's own footprint at free-fall speed, which is impossible without the use of explosives. The supposed cause for this? A few minor fires, which could not even come close to doing enough damage to collapse the building like it did. When you consider that over the years many more serious fires have occured in that building, and the buildings around the main towers had MUCH more damage from flaming debris yet didn't collapse, that points to demolition. There are many more pieces of evidence which support the idea that the US government was behind the 9/11 attacks, feel free to add those which I forget to mention.

--NASA photo touch ups- There are many pictures released by NASA which have black rectangles covering something up, or even in some cases blatant photoshopping. However with so many people involved in the work that NASA does, I have a hard time believing that they are covering up giant alien spacecrafts or something else that the government would not want the public to know about.

Considering my complete lack of trust in the US government, it suprises me that these are the only examples of legitimate cover-ups which I can think of. Please add any cover-ups which the government, NASA, or any other high level agency is clearly behind.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

None of those are real conspiracies. They are intentional distractions from the real conspiracies.

I forgot to go to the library today Or I would ahve brought my evidence. Poop. I had a fine to pay as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by siren8

None of those are real conspiracies. They are intentional distractions from the real conspiracies.

9/11 and Roswell are two textbook conspiracies, if they aren't legit then what are the real conspiracies in your book?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well... currently I'm wondering if there is one happening right now. Regarding the halt of the Space Shuttle Program and solar activity.

I attempted to lay it out in a thread earlier. If you're interested in taking a look, it's here:

ATS Thread - What Is The REAL Reason NASA Is Ending The Space Shuttle Program?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

The next solar maximum is supposed to be sometime around early 2013, so maybe there's some connection. During a solar maximum which lasts around 11 years, the sun undergoes a lot more activity than usual, such as sunspots and CMEs. Maybe a fat CME is heading our way soon, and they don't want astronauts outside of our magnetic field to get fried.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
--9/11: The pilot that supposedly crashed a plane into the Pentagon only had one or two flying lessons in a single engine plane prior to the attack, however with such little experience he pulled off a 330+ degree turn in a Boeing 747 airplane, which even for experienced pilots is fairly difficult, and crashed into the exact area of the Pentagon which happened to be undergoing "renovations". Now that's lucky.

Actually, I was thinking that since he didn't hit the other side of the Pentagon where Rumsfeld was he was "unlucky" - but he was apparently good at crashing the 757 as opposed to flying it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by UtahRosebud

The next solar maximum is supposed to be sometime around early 2013, so maybe there's some connection. During a solar maximum which lasts around 11 years, the sun undergoes a lot more activity than usual, such as sunspots and CMEs. Maybe a fat CME is heading our way soon, and they don't want astronauts outside of our magnetic field to get fried.

Is the International Space Station inside or outside our magnetic field? If Outside - did they issue them sunglasses?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by userid1

It's inside of our magetic field, so I don't think sunglasses are required.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by userid1

But to crash the plane he had to pull of an expert manuever, so did a good job of flying and crashing. I wish he would have instead taken a detour and smashed into Sarah Palin's house.

top topics

join