It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hacks Malaysian govt websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

KUALA LUMPUR: At least 41 Malaysian government websites were hacked and defaced by a group protesting the authorities' move to shut down several free file-sharing websites in the country, officials said.

A group of hackers that calls itself "Anonymous" sent a threat via the internet Tuesday saying it was plotting a hacking attack dubbed "Operation Malaysia" aimed at the country's government-related websites. The attack was due to the government's decision to block a series of file-sharing websites in an attempt to fight against piracy.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So... maybe LuLzsec is CIA, and maybe anonymous is really anonymous in disguise?

Interesing concept..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
nt
edit on 6/16/2011 by eXia7 because: Double post

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
goddamn it what are they smoking in anon headquarters, what the # attack the "CIA" are u kidding me i might as well throw my computer in the garbage right now!! cuz freedom of speech has just left the building

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
"ANONYMOUS IS CIA!!!"

durrrrpppppp

This was a real operation by the way, it came from AnonOps irc network and was started by a kid.

Apparently the kid that started it doesn't know how to be anonymous that well and he posted the video on youtube without any kind of protection... now the Malaysian gov is tracking him... we told him to go dark and delete everything.

Operation Malaysia still continues and someone else that is more capable has taken over the channel. They aren't planning to DDoS anymore sites.

They have made some guides to bypass the filter by Malaysian gubmint and other stuff too like how to connect to the internet when the gubmint shuts it down.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkofCain

Makes you wonder why that kid thought he could handle it and didn't leave it to a pro.

2nd

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkofCain

I assume getting into the Malaysian networks was as difficult as Citibank?

CJ

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Who knows? Perhaps it has to be karma: take their down websites, they take your websites.

new topics

top topics

join