It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old worm won't die after 2008 attack on U.S. military

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Nice catch. This is interesting. It could be anything in reality. Imagine if he slipped him a "hundo" for a new assignment. heh. It does lend credence that something serious occurred though.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconRiot

More serious than you can imagine.

In my opinion, of course.
edit on 17-6-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

If this is the cause for the passed note I tend to agree with you. Makes a man wonder what it could be.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconRiot

Well, I have found unconfirmed reports that allege that this particular exchange of notes involved the Osama Bin Laden compound raid in Pakistan.

But as you said, it could have been anything, though, no matter how you look at it, in this the digital age, and with all of the secure forms of digital electronic communications across secure encrypted government and military networks, exchanging notes seems very unusual to say the least.

One thing is for sure, if this "worm that wont die" is being reported now, as still being an ongoing and recurring problem, then it is actually most likely far worse than is being reported.

edit on 17-6-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

This is one of the best post ive read on ATS.

Hit the nail on the head!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Ok .. if the latest anon, lulz. attacks on some pretty important business interests hasn't swayed you...

Now the gov't is coming forth with this?

OH please! please! I beg the US government to step in and save us all! perhaps some more access to private info.. perhaps some gov't intervention to PROTECT US...

I don't think we even need a script..

we already know the lines... :shk:

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I am strongly against more government violations on its citizens rights, however I would love to see some of the computer geeks that create these viruses and worms or what not that infultrate the average joe's home pc to try to steal his identity, those people should be hung upside down on a pole till they die of a slow miserable death while birds peck away at their eyeballs. If you've ever had anyone try to steal your identity by stealing your personal data from your PC then you will know exactly how I feel about those bastards that try to take advantage of a person that busts his butt everyday to earn his money while they try to steal your hard earned money with the push of a button. I have no problem with what Anonymous and Lulz are trying to do, I'm all for right fighters especially when its directed at a corrupt system or organization. Just leave the little guy alone.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Flagged this post. False flag plus false flag = ???

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
worms worms worms.. there's a lot of it and other viruses that can attack them easily

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
flagged this post?
surething ............

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Because they cant secure it, and therefore they need more funding.

No critical presentation, no more funding. Sqeaky wheel gets the oil.

Thanks by the way, but I am humble enough to know that you don't need me to explain

anything on this matter to you as you know that sometimes morphing worms can only be quaranteened

continually as they evolve. Mind your Panel

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
That code spread undetected on both classified and unclassified systems, establishing what amounted to a digital beachhead, from which data could be transferred to servers under foreign control.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This story is getting more coverage in the MSM now...

The actual extent of the attacks has only been eluded to, and unspecific. I believe it is far worse than what is being made public. They are insisting that this was done by a foreign government, but have not, and apparently will not reveal the government responsible.

If we had real leadership in the white house, government, military and various agencies they would all collectively grow a pair and call this what it was and is...

An act of war!

Don't want to offend the almighty Chinese, lets not go there.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Update just reported on CNN, words to the affect of "this is an act of war and MAY require a military response"

Seems they are growing a pair after all.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If the computer [no matter if it is small or huge] gets infected, the best solution is as follows.

A : Always make dayly backup of vital data. Backup can be to remove able disc or to a backup computer in a separate part of the infrastructure.

B : Shut down the infected computer. Then insert a Boot Disc into the drive. On the Boot Disc should be some thing like " DARIK'S BOOT AND NUKE ". Reboot the computer. Follow the on screen instructions which might be to type in "auto nuke" hit the ENTER on your keyboard. The software will completely erase everything on the hard drives contained in your computer. This erase process can take a very long time. So be patient.

C : Now that your drives are completely clean you can insert the Windows OS and begin the system restore from scratch. Once the Windows OS is installed then you can reload in all the data that you have kept safe on backup disc's.

I cannot believe it that the USA Military Establishment are so thick that they still have a system that was infected in 2008 ?

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 17/7/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join