It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to locate the real news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hi All,

For my inaugural post I'd like to ask YOU what I'm missing. What sites do you visit everyday to get the real news?
I like to think that because I "full spectrum" the news I can go home and tell my family at the end of the day what happened and what is real. The dinner table is where I ask my wife, daughter and son what THEY think about what I feel are the most important topics. I find that I have to hit each and every one of these sites to get most of what is important today

Without further ado, what is on my Ubuntu Anonymous skinned browser toolbar, what's on yours? what am I missing? Where is the real angle? As a side note notice how as each of these load you see a blip from googleanalytics.....Even from ATS. I might buy a site to promote debate free from google's reach.

www.drudgereport.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.cnn.com...
rt.com...
english.aljazeera.net...
english.peopledaily.com.cn...
www.thinkprogress.org...
www.infowars.com...

edit on 16-6-2011 by livefreeordieinnh because: mods please move to appropriate forum

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I would take infowars off that list. Plus, all of the good articles(not many) end up on this site or others on your list anyways.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by livefreeordieinnh

Well, the Drudgereport has everyone of those sources you listed on its site. If you are going to check out drudge, check out all of the foreign press agencies. Good luck on your searches. Google can give you an idea of what exists...

CJ

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Seriously, take Infowars off the list? The site and Alex Jones cover stories every day that no other major media (and yes, Jones' operation is becoming "major media") will cover. Bilderberg - they sent a crew of reporters, the current greek crisis, the plans of TSA and other groups in America and Europe, etc.. I am not easily swayed by news sources, yet have been extremely impressed with the amont of data Jones covers on a daily basis. I get my jones of Jones by bringing up his Youtube channel and listen to his show with the ads removed.

edit on 16-6-2011 by Aleister because: one word

edit on 16-6-2011 by Aleister because: one more sentence

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Tru dat. If you can handle a little bit of conjecture then Infowars is a great site.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by livefreeordieinnh

You got it all wrong, it's not about the news, its about the past. Read books and get a grip on history and recent events, for me its all about Pilger and Chomsky and to a lesser extent in the UK Mark Thomas, IMHO.

Peace

quote The dinner table is where I ask my wife, daughter and son what THEY think about what I feel are the most important topics. I find that I have to hit each and every one of these sites to get most of what is important today

The only news story in town is man's inhumanity to man and the MSM's attempts to downplay these events

edit on 23-6-2011 by yyyyyyyyyy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join